• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the movie changed everything but if the LN is considered canon then that means the anime or manga follows it the right?

BlackeJan said:
I know the movie changed everything but if the LN is considered canon then that means the anime or manga follows it the right?
Yes it's just the movie novelisation that's more contentious, even tho there's a picture of momoshiki's movie form on his profile.

BlackeJan said:
I think the anime has a lot of similarities to the LN as far as I can tell, but the manga is pretty different and the manga is considered the primary canon here as WoI said.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
So can someone list the different feats between the two novels?
Boruto Movie Novelisatio

1. Momoshiki FTL https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:100th_Hokage/FTL_Transformed_Momoshiki_Feat

2. Momoshiki creates a dimension with a star (Movie Novelisation) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/592822675412484223/593465128804941855/unknown.png And https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/592822675412484223/593465403573927939/unknown.png

Boruto novel 3 Shinobi No Yoru

1. Momoshiki supernova

Both anime and Boruto Movie Novelisatio

1. Parallel https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11137/111377381/6819891-8409064345-image.jpg

Starry sky https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagra...=8d2bfa785362d18c83e1f49b6be3e53d&oe=5EDBF4CD

This is wrong. Right there they stating Kaguyas dimensions are Parallel dimension and not Momoshikis.

Sasukw111
Oh I guess kaguya needs a 4-A upgrade then

Sasuk444

Sasuke 555

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Why are we suddenly making a profile for a non-canon Momoshiki? It's been rejected before because the only difference is apparently feats and nothing else.
We do it for it Goku as a prominent example. Shouldn't really do any harm.

Goku is a different case from what I see. GT is a completely different thing from DBZ and has its own series as well, Goku from DBH profile is not even the canon Goku and has had completely different experiences. And the DBS Manga does almost everything differently such as the entire Goku Black fight and Goku using Hakai.

Goku is a different case from what I see. GT is a completely different thing from DBZ and has its own series as well, Goku from DBH profile is not even the canon Goku and has had completely different experiences. And the DBS Manga does almost everything differently such as the entire Goku Black fight and Goku using Hakai.
I'm not talking about GT Goku, I'm talking about Anime Goku. The Toei profile.

Game profiles, anime only profiles for Naruto have been rejected because the only difference is feats and nothing else.
I believe sera said a game profile is ok to make when we were discussing composite Naruto profiles.

Toei profile is all the non-canon anime and the movies which has some different elements from the manga.
I still don't see the issue with it tbh.

This case also entails a supposedly non-canon showings of a character that has much different feats from his canon counterpart, and even an extra ability like Absolute Zero. Not to mention most people on this thread seem to agree with it as it's a harmless compromise. So honestly I don't see the problem with it.

An old thread doesn't negate all the evidence that was brought up here about a completely different character. Not to mention Antvasima and Damage seem to have agreed with the idea as far as I can tell.

you clearly didn't bother looking at the thread. It's the same thing as here with even the Goku comparison in the comments.

As far as I'm concerned the canon Momoshiki fight is the Boruto manga or Boruto anime. Not my fault the author decided to make like 4-5 renditions of the same battle.

you clearly didn't bother looking at the thread. It's the same thing as here with even the Goku comparison in the comments.

As far as I'm concerned the canon Momoshiki fight is the Boruto manga or Boruto anime. Not my fault the author decided to make like 4-5 renditions of the same battle.
Nobody is suggesting we consider this canon dude. In fact that's the point of making a different profile in the first place. It doesn't replace or even cross paths with the main canon, so no conflicts there.

And I did read the thread, but it doesn't matter. FTL Naruto was literally against discussion rules for a period. Things change over time. Our scaling can always be improved in accordance with new arguments, new feats or evidence. Or simply if we change our collective minds on a topic. And again I don't see what problems this will cause tbh.

I read the thread, and it seems like a lot of staff members were fine with an anime profile as long as it was different from the manga counterpart. Though this is for a LN version of Momoshiki which is different from his manga/anime counterpart. Also Damage and Ant were fine with a separate profile, so I don't really see the issue.

There's the manga, anime and novel rendition all seem be canon but the novelisation one is more different. I don't think it wouldn't be canon just because you don't want it to be it's shown together with the other light novels that are canon.

@Uchicha

Then you're not reading Hokage comments lol.

@WOI

Yeah if there is enough distinction it would be fine is what they're saying in the comments. Which means anything outside of feats which is non-existent. There isn't a different plot, nor set of events.

@100th Hokage

One has to be the primary canon. Which is what the current profile is based on.

The DBZ Anime follows the same plot as the manga. And Momo does have extra abilities in the novel too like weather manipulation and Absolute Zero. Not to mention vastly different feats. I mean that's already more distinctive than Manga and Anime Goku lol.

@Sigurd; I did read Hokage's comments lol. Just saying that as far as what was accepted is concerned, which is just a separate Novel profile, it doesn't cause any issues.

There you go. Three extra abilities+ vastly different feats and stats. Seems more than enough to me honestly.

I've constantly been saying more abilities and different tiering isn't enough smh.

Make it if you want, don't be surprised if it gets deleted one day. Even Sera who's words Itachi tried to use states this.

@100th Hokage

There is only 1 timeline in Naruto, there is no divergence so it's only 1 continuity.

This really isn't anything new. Hell I've seen many Series get LN and web comic profiles separately such as Slime and Rising shield hero, and I've noticed the only difference is the stats in those profiles.

I've constantly been saying more abilities and different tiering isn't enough smh.

Make it if you want, don't be surprised if it gets deleted one day. Even Sera who's words Itachi tried to use states this.

@100th Hokage

There is only 1 timeline in Naruto, there is no divergence so it's only 1 continuity.
Well this basically proved that wrong. Even the Boruto Directory refers to it over the others sometimes.

Kishimoto... damn you. Why'd you have to make everything so goddamn vague and difficult to navigate...... *sigh*

@Hokage

No idea what you're talking about here.
The Boruto Ninja Directory and the Shonen Timeline refer to the novels mentioned here.

If don't like the term continuity then its just the same plot with different feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back