• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Momoshiki, Upgrade based on the Light Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyRegulator

VS Battles
Retired
Momoshiki's profile is based on powerscaling from Naruto and Sasuke from the Boruto Movie. However, he has his own viable feats from the Boruto novel, including that of creating a planet sized dimension ( He was even draining the chakra that was beyond the parallel dimension he'd made) (not to be confused with Kaguya's dimension shown in the intro chapter).

However, the novel's canonicity is for the most part interminable and can be argued either way:

1. It is canon as long as the content doesn't contradict the movie since it is the novel version of the Boruto movie written by Kodachi who also worked on the screen play along with Kishimoto and is currently responsible for the writing of the Boruto manga.

2. It is not canon as it is wasn't written by Kishimoto.

Hence, based on the wikia's (your) decision Momoshiki will be upgraded to planet level (though he will be treated as a glass canon) or will be left as is, powerscaled to Sasuke and Naruto.

This can't be scaled to Naruto or Sasuke who were, in the novel, individually depicted as weaker than him.

If they are scaled entirely separate keys would need to be made for their adult versions and upgraded to small planet at the most (individually inferior to Momoshiki)

It can't scale to Kaguya as Momoshiki (and Kinshiki for that matter) are depicted as greater threats than her.

What do you think we should do everyone?

If accepted:

Ap: Planet level, Possibly higher.

Durability: Unknow, likely Moon level+ (was injured by the combined might of Naruto and Sasuke)

Range: Star System

Tbh I think the Momoshiki incident will be mentioned in the new boruto manga regardless.The novel is just a novelization of the movie it has more detailed storytelling from what I've read not contradictions.As for this I'm kinda on the fence.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
HokageMangaVox said:
That dimension "he created in the novel", was stated in the movie that he found it (the planet) with the Shinju Tree. It contradict the movie.
Link?
Here:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Momoshiki's_Planet

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/God_Tree

In the meantime i'll look for the clip.

I couldn't find the movie online with english subs, it should be around the end when Momoshiki is explaining things to Naruto which is tight to the tree iirc.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
They don't mention the dimension I know because I watched it.
Iirc they do say it somewhere in the movie. Otherwise the wiki shouldn't have had that info. And i wouldn't had remember reading it either.

Here's the movie in English subs: https://*********.to/Anime/Boruto-Naruto-the-Movie/Episode-Korean-Audio?id=121458

Ok i have re-watched the movie and it seems there was no mention of it, so i was wrong. My bad. Continue on i agree then, also i found this:

https://*********.to/Anime/Boruto-Naruto-the-Movie/Episode-Korean-Audio?id=121458

1:00:25/-1:35:23

Also according to the movie the Fruit gives them the Six Path Power (invincible), eternal youth and Immortality. They made into this pills to have more, and if what Black Zetsu and Kakashi said was true then Kaguya was indeed unsealed and ressurected with Madara's body, so she was dead and not inmortal since it has been so long since she eated the Shinju fruit.

Ok. Thank you both for your input. However, if there's one thing I noted after watching the Movie was, there was no explanation for the planet shown during the final battle. I remember being perturbed by this and hence, can vouch that it was in no way mentioned in the movie.

HokageMangaVox said:
Ok i have re-watched the movie and it seems there was no mention of it, so i was wrong. My bad. Continue on i agree then, also i found this:

https://*********.to/Anime/Boruto-Naruto-the-Movie/Episode-Korean-Audio?id=121458

Also according to the movie the Fruit gives them the Six Path Power (invincible), eternal youth and Immortality. They made into this pills to have more, and if what Black Zetsu and Kakashi said was true then Kaguya was indeed unsealed and ressurected with Madara's body, so she was dead and not inmortal since it has been so long since she eated the Shinju fruit.
She's immortal in the sense she has long life and Regenerationn. She can still die, and in the novel it was also mentioned that she died.

TheMightyRegulator said:
HokageMangaVox said:

She's immortal in the sense she has long life and Regenerationn. She can still die, and in the novel it was also mentioned that she died.
Ok. Is this explain in her page? Otherwise everyone will think that the only way to defeat her is by sealing her again. Madara Immortality is different since he absorb the tree of Shinju and not the fruit but the root itself. Other than that, i agree with the upgrade.

In both cases of her "death" sealing was the cause so that's accurate. There are no other known ways to kill her. Defeat is due to incapacitating the opponent, BFR, or KO, hence, defeat is not impossible for someone like Kaguya.

Kaguya is the shinju when chibaku tensei split her the tailed beast and gedo mazo emerged she's definitely immortal Madara only had immortality type 1 & 3 by feats though.

@TheMightyRegulator

Since Kodachi is writing the new Naruto manga, the novel is now likely canon over the movie. Also, the dimension is obviously not just planet size, since there are multiple mentions of it having a star.

I couldn't find anything more concrete beyond the terminology star system to indicate as such hence I placed possibly higher. Statements such as "this star that man lived on" makes it unclear whether it's a star or a planet.

@TheMightyRegulator

"Aa. He plans to indiscriminately eat up all of this star's chakra". Toneri began to absorb chakra from the Sun in The Last so the statement should be taken literally. Also, "From the very beginning, this star was the Ootsutsuki's seedplot!", seeds being Planets in the Solar System plot.

Personally i think its best we wait a bit.The narutoverse caps out at planet lvl despite it being implied to be much stronger because of kaguya.Once she gets feats which she should since a good part of the story revolves around her the verse should be much stronger.

Metaphors and unclear terminologies, again, are not sufficient evidence to give a solid, higher attack potency. Also, it makes no sense to refer to the last as Kodachi wasn't involved in the making of that script and hence, likely has his own writing style.

It was also mentioned he would do so only after the planet stabilized, of course this is all irrelevant as I was not referring to Toneri restoring any planet but instead, the fact that stars and planets were used interchangeably in the Boruto Novel. Please stay on topic.

Yeah Momo should be Planet level in both AP & Durability due to needing Naruto & Sasuke both Small Planet Lvls to beat him and he was stated to be strong/stronger than Kaguya so yeah

No, sorry but, there is no way of Momoshiki being Planet level.

Be stronger than kaguya>>>>>>>>>>>Stated to be stronger than kaguya

Naruto and Sasuke lost the battle because of PIS (Seriously Kishi?), i mean if you watch the entire escene of the fight (until Boruto's Rasengan), everyone must be able to see what happend there.

If he was capable of creating a "planet sized dimension" (assuming that he can generate that amount of energy) he could literaly just one-shot Naruto and Sasuke.

IMHO, i choose:

2. It is not canon as it is wasn't written by Kishimoto.

Well, regardless whether we accept the upgrade or not we likely have to adjust Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki's statistics according to the recent changes to other profiles, particularly his durability.

I would appreciate input from more staff members regarding this issue.

As stated by KamiYasha, Momoshiki would have easily stomped both Naruto and Sasuke if he was planet level. I am against the upgrade.

Okay. Moon level+ durability seems accurate.

For me, I never considered the LightNovels as canon, so that's what i'll stick with, there's also the logical flaws with it also already mentioned by others

as for Momoshiki's stats my knowledge falls short because I haven't seen the movie, only some clips, but i'd imagine his final form is only Slightly above naruto and sasukes at the time, so does Moon level AP and Dura sound about right?

Naruto and Sasuke were in a weaker state and they managed to struggle against Momoshiki, so Moon level AP and Dura is ok.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
How were they weaker?
At example Naruto was not using the six paths form and sasuke was in slighty weaker state than his peak, shown when he was fightning with Naruto.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/243709

^I reread the thread you guys made a mistake Naruto and Sasuke should've been downgraded in the forms they fought Kaguya with that had half of Hagoromos power since he barely scrapped small planet ap but they're final forms were equal to Hagoromo.->http://www.**********.com/naruto/696/9 Now Naruto and Sasukes final forms have no proper reasoning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back