• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Question if Goku starts in base and speed is equalized and then transforms into any of his SSJ forms would Goku then be faster? (Ignoring Kaioken times 10 being stacked to even further increase speed)

According to a Gossip Stone in MM - the Fierce Deity has all the attributes of all the other mask in the game.

"The Fierce Deity's Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..."

This would include the Stone Mask - which would make Goku not able to perceive Link's form.

On the other hand, Goku has an absolutely massive AP advantage.

On the other other hand, Goku supresses himself when not fighting, so... Link might be able to get in the kill.

As I stated before Goku would have a speed advantage should he use even basic ssj let alone how much faster past that he'd be with his other forms.

Huesito88 said:
As I stated before Goku would have a speed advantage should he use even basic ssj let alone how much faster past he'd be with using anything pasted that.
Goku wouldn't even be able to process that Link is in front of him.

A speed advatange doesn't really help if Goku doesn't even know he is being attacked.

Tbf, Perception Manipulation isn't infallible. It would mean that Goku won't know where Link is but will still be able to tell he's being attacked.

If hit, it's highly probable that Goku may start to send out a barrage of ki blasts. That's my view on it at least.

Not voting yet tho.

RotofBots said:
Tbf, Perception Manipulation isn't infallible. It would mean that Goku won't know where Link is but will still be able to tell he's being attacked.
If hit, it's highly probable that Goku may start to send out a barrage of ki blasts. That's my view on it at least.

Not voting yet tho.
While that's true.

You forget that when Goku lets his guard down - he can easily be defeated, since when he's not paying attention he is constantly supressing himself.

Meaning one hit from Link might cut Goku in half.

Warren Valion said:
RotofBots said:

Not voting yet tho.
While that's true.
You forget that when Goku lets his guard down - he can easily be defeated, since when he's not paying attention he is constantly supressing himself.

Meaning one hit from Link might cut Goku in half.
If Goku knows he's in a confrontation with an unknown enemy, why would he let his guard down? Also I have to heavily contest this notion that Goku always lets his guard down 100% of the time. The one time he took a fatal shot from letting his guard down was from an enemy he hadn't even considered a threat as well as when he was paying attention to literal Space Hitler infront of him; another time is when for story purposes, he's literally "rusty" and just an excuse for him to train more.

As for the Stone mask thing, all I could find about it is from the Legend of Zelda Wiki.

"When worn, the mask causes Link to become "plain as a stone,"[5] thus allowing him to walk through most of Termina undetected. This is especially useful inside the Pirates' Fortress, where Link will be thrown out if caught. It can also be used in Ikana Canyo to enter the Music Box House even when Pamela is near the door looking at the river. While wearing it, Link generally does not need to worry about being attacked. However, it does not fool bosses or mini-bosses, as well as several other enemies such as Gerudo Pirates."

Even in the game, bosses who completely lack stuff such as Energy Sensing is able to detect Link. Also absolutely nowhere does it imply that it blocks Ki Sensing; the only "Perception Manipulation" it does is make it seem like he's just an ordinary rock. This should have absolutely no bearing on Ki Sensing as you're still alive.

Also yeah that. Everything in Dragon Ball has Ki. And if a Rock is moving at the same rates and speed he is; especially if said Rock is for some reason wielding a sword-shaped other rock when his opponent is supposedly around here.

If Goku sees that there is no enemy, then why would he have his guard up indefinitely?

If you were expecting a confrontation, and you think your opponent didn't show, why would you be on your guard?

Geurdo Pirates, and the bosses and mini-bosses have a resistance to perception manipulation because of that. Goku doesn't have such a resistence.

And "being as dull as rock" is just an expression, it doesn't literally make you look like a rock. And its deception is extremely powerful.

The man with the stone mask tried for decades to get the attention of anyone that was near him. Even Link, who can see and interact with invisible creatures, wasn't able to notice someone using the Stone's Mask.

****, Link can literally walk up and stab you with a sword and you just don't notice it.

The Stone Mask manipulates the senses and perception of those around the user to make the user unnoticeable - Ki sensing is still a sense, so I am rather positive the mask would affect Ki sensing as well. However, as I said, I am not entirely certain - you should ask someone more knowledgable on Zelda than I.

Also, no. Rocks don't have Ki. Ki is Life Energy - rocks aren't living.

Every living creature in Dragon Ball has Ki. You don't see rock spirits in the Otherworld because they don't exist.

Doesn't Goku gather energy from the planet itself when making a Spirit Bomb sometimes? Like, besides just the plants and the humans.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Doesn't Goku gather energy from the planet itself when making a Spirit Bomb sometimes? Like, besides just the plants and the humans.
Plants, grass, people, animals, trees, and bugs. There is plenty of life on a planet.

Not the literal Earth itself.

Huesito88 said:
The sun is a living thing huh.
Yes, it lives and it dies. It goes through the Cycle of Life.

That's how living things work.

Rocks don't have that, they are non-living things.

Search it up if you don't believe me.

Rocks degrade and rot away over time. Then those particles from the rocks get pulled into by some strong force (Gravity in space; Volcanoes or other powerful forces on Earth) to form new rocks just as a Sun goes Nova or turns into a black hole, ejecting the required force and elements to form a new star eons later. Rocks go through a cycle too, so you saying the Sun is alive and Rocks aren't makes absolutely no sense.

Rocks have a Cycle, therefore they're "Alive".

It's sort of... how the Earth is a thing. And why the Moon is a thing. In this universe, eventually absolutely everything is recycled for use. So please don't try to make it sound like the Sun goes through a cycle, which means it's alive when the average Rock is completely guilty of the same thing.

Also you're wrong on the definition of "living things".

"the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death."

So by this definition. I.E. the actual, real definition, the Sun isn't alive since it has no capacity for reproduction or growth. Unless you want to argue our Sun is growing as we speak (It doesn't; pretty much all elements it has now will be all the elements it will have forever unless we slam another Sun into it or something)

The Sun isn't alive because it has a Cycle, it is considered a living thing because it goes through the Cycle of Life.

Rocks have a Cycle, but they don't go through the Cycle of Life.

They aren't alive, and they don't die.

Rocks go from one type of rock to another through some sort of converter like Heat and Pressure.

Weird

dosen't he need to use this object instead of directly wearing it? it's like saying that a characters with a low 2-C attack has a usuable low 2-C key when he already started to using this attack even when the battle haven't started.

The Causality said:
Weird

dosen't he need to use this object instead of directly wearing it? it's like saying that a characters with a low 2-C attack has a usuable low 2-C key when he already started to using this attack even when the battle haven't started.
This is different. In this case, Fierce Deity Link is a form that's obtained by Link wearing the mask, not a weapon or something like that. That's like making Goku start at a lower tier and then make him power up in fight.

Just as a minor note I would like to make: Rocks and other inanimate objects have K─½.

Remember that the Spirit Bomb is a martial arts discipline that allows you to borrow energy from grass and trees, from people and animals, from inanimate objects and the atmosphere...
~ King Kai (DB Chapter 212)​
Furthermore, I am doubtful that the Stone Mask could affect ki sensing. Why you may ask? To clarify, the mask has only shown altering and affecting the main five senses. As a result, I am iffy if it could alter that as well given ki sensing is more so a sixth sense as opposed to one of the five. The stone mask (to my knowledge. I could definitely be wrong here) has never interacted with a sixth sense like ki sensing hence why I am doubtful.

Erm. Perception Manip so Goku can't hit him + Empathic Manip that affects the soul, before someone attempts to bring up Goku's resistance, show me it affects his soul.

Link has enhanced senses himself and even he couldn't sense the dude that originally had the stone mask until he had the lens of truth, which negates perception manip.

Talt can literally sense ghost like the Garos and didn't notice the Stone Mask dude's presence.

Ki sensing isn't finding him.

Warren Valion said:
According to a Gossip Stone in MM - the Fierce Deity has all the attributes of all the other mask in the game.
"The Fierce Deity's Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..."

This would include the Stone Mask - which would make Goku not able to perceive Link's form.

On the other hand, Goku has an absolutely massive AP advantage.

On the other other hand, Goku supresses himself when not fighting, so... Link might be able to get in the kill.
Fierce Diety mask carries all the properties of the previous masks.

Warren Valion said:

Because sometimes it's hard to understand whenever PaChi's joking or serious, I'm just going to repost this.

Back