• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
tfw i made this thread

ok so basically I need to downgrade a bunch of things

Mid tiers
These include the "At least 8-B+ characters like Cassie Cage, Johnny Cage and a bunch of jobber revenants. I will be finding feats for these guys to scale to because them backscaling to 8-A characters is absolutely nuts and a complete outlier. For example:

In summary, they shouldn't be 8-B because fighting those 8-A characters are outliers and inconsistent with their own feats, thus they need to scale to a lower feat. I expect them to be rated as Small Building level to Building level.

However, Human Jax should be 8-A while his revenant self should be with the Mid tiers. Because:

• He is stated to be twice as strong after receiving cybernetics in his MK11 bio
  • In MK9 he hasn't lost to any Mid tier character (but he was killed by a soul amped Sindel and Ermac who shouldn't be 8-B based on his feats and powers)
  • Jax from the 90s clashes fists with his present self who was able to trash a bunch of Netherrealm demons with a flying ground smash
Lifting Strength
Everyone scales to Scorpion and Sub-Zero's spine rip feat. Thing is, most of these characters haven't contended with the strength of these two or aren't superior to them in strength.

Many characters will have their lifting strength downgraded, with the following exceptions:

• 8-A to 7-B characters
  • Smoke and Jax (They were able to restrain Cyber Sub-Zero, but they will be half of SZ's lifting strength since they were holding one of his arms)
  • Noob Saibot (He's 8-B, but he was the OG spine ripper of MK and he has canonically ripped out Hanzo Hasashi's spine)
  • I will find others who scale to the Class K feat
The rest will have to be Class 1 for being able to rip heads off or maybe higher/lower but they are definitely not Class K or near it. I will find feats for them to scale to if possible.

I expect this thread to be finished within a day or two, but feel free to give your own input.

Hanzo Hasashi
During Sonya's chapter in MKX (which is probably the worst one out of them all because seeing Quan Chi getting his balls crushed and Sonya beating badass revenants is bad imo), Raiden restores the souls of the revenants Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Jax which restores them and they are now fully resurrected especially our beloved yellow Japanese ninja who used to be undead.

He should get a new key without his Type 2 and 7 Immortality (and possibly 4, just maybe) since those two immortalities come from his wraith physiology which was removed by Raiden when he restored his soul and Hanzo also killed off his wraith persona in the MKX comics but gained full control of his powers in the process. Some of his MK11 moves should be transferred there too

Type 7 is obvious but type 2 comes from being able to endure the torture of the Netherrealm without dying it from it (having your limbs painfully stretched while on the back of a beast, bathing in lava, getting impaled from the anus to the mouth while being burned in hellfire, etc.)

SoL Kotal Kah
KotalƒæÅKahnƒæÅshouldƒæÅbeƒæÅSoLƒæÅwithƒæÅsunbeams

Im supporting this downgrades ( there is no way that chars like Kung Jin and Stryker is on same league as Kotal Kahn and Kintaro who may be strogner than champion Goro as stated in original timeline)

9-A might not exist anymore because of MK11 as a whole LOL

And yeah the scaling always seemed weird

Also I think Class 5 might be a better bet since some of them can rip humans in half and throw gigantic containers and shit.

MKX's whole new schtick was throwing stuff like oil barrels and other stuff.

Kollector resisted having his neck twisted by six men with the help of a wheel restraint device in the first chapter, what would that give him

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Kollector resisted having his neck twisted by six men with the help of a wheel restraint device in the first chapter, what would that give him
It probably gives him lifting strength. And they were restraining him, not trying to kill him by twisting his neck. Kotal was the one who would have executed him.

So wait, what's going on here? I see the OP about downgrading the 8-B due to the awkward backwards scaling. But then I saw a couple profiles bumped from 9-A to 8-B+, which I saw little to no discussion for just yet. Not against it either way, but just saying it seemed a bit rushed and not enough details.

And as a side note, we don't at "+" signs on the Tiers, we just use those for Attack Potency, Durability, Striking Strength.

Is there a calculation for the "+" sign? It should be linked to the justification. Or if the character scales to another character with a "+" sign, that other character should also be linked. Also, what DDM said about "+" sign on tiers.

I saw some edits, that's why I came here.

It comes from backwards scaling from Kintaro, originally an 8-A calc, but was cut in half to scale to Mid Tiers. The OP was basically addressing how wonky that scaling was, but that was before I apparently saw original timeline keys being upgraded to exactly that.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
So wait, what's going on here? I see the OP about downgrading the 8-B due to the awkward backwards scaling. But then I saw a couple profiles bumped from 9-A to 8-B+, which I saw little to no discussion for just yet. Not against it either way, but just saying it seemed a bit rushed and not enough details..
Dark said that those 9-A keys would be removed in a previous CRT that was already finished

Yeah, that makes the 8-B let alone with a "+" sign even more iffy. And also what feat would that be, that one requested to calc? Also, I need to point out that ripping out heads is Class 5.

Hanzo's rez feat took him hours, maybe it explains why he wasn't there in the final battle

Yes we need to add another key, it could be Low 6-B scaling to Unrestricted gods or 5-A scaling to Cetrion

Wait, how Cetrion is 5-A ? That fatality ?

Also, he basically defeats Cetrion and then defeats Kronika, even after she took Cetrion's powers

If Cetrion is 5-A, this should scale to Shinnok and other Elder Gods, to Kronika and to God Liu

Unsure about Raiden and Shao Kahn

There was a Fatality that involved her growing giant, but I forgot where the blog was and I remember some people feeling iffy on it. But we scaled feats from other fatalities, so as long as the calc is accurate it seems fine.

It would also upgrade speed to Sub-Relativistic at the same time, I should also note that the Elder Gods' Low 6-B feat seems extremely casual, so the feat doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

Well, it seems fine for me to use that

Thing is, Raiden and Shinnok were comparable, so it would scale to unrestricted Raiden, or it is just for Cetrion's size manip

This is something I've thought for awhile, but, yeah, I haven't exactly been getting down to do all the calcs needed to properly tier everything

I would also downgrade Hsu Hao to 9-B. Or at least have a 9-B Hsu Hao. Because he wasn't really seen physically lifting someone besides other fighters. Besides Hsu Hao is weak anyway.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
I would also downgrade Hsu Hao to 9-B. Or at least have a 9-B Hsu Hao. Because he wasn't really seen physically lifting someone besides other fighters. Besides Hsu Hao is weak anyway.
Not really an argument. Hsu Hao did manage to defeat a weakened Kenshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back