• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that this seems to make sense.

Important question.

Why are the Kronika powered revenants such as Kung Lao, Kitana and Jade ranked as 7-B? They still gave him a real fight even after FG Liu Kang used the Jinsei to "fuel his fire"

They should be on par with Corrupted Cetrion, albeit slightly lower in scaling

Kronika also used the Hourglass' energy to strengthen them

It's because it is not specified if Lord Liu Kang was restricted or not before or after he fueled himself with the Jinsei.

It's possible that Shinnok unrestricted himself by using the Jinsei like Lord Liu Kang, but Cassie defeating him likely disproven that. It's also possible that the elder gods deaths allowed Raiden and the other restricted characters to be unrestricited, but since the game doens't mention what state they are and Crown Jax, Jacqui and Kotal fighting them also might disproved that.

It's not stated ingame that Liu Kang unrestricted himself by using the Jinsei, but it is assumed since Kronika and Corrupted Cetrion might did not wanted the Revenants to be in their tier considering their nature, she just amped them a little just to buy some time.

It's possible that only good being inside can access the true power of the Jinsei, unlike Shinnok.

Yes, but with Likely since if Cetrion has life based abilities, Shinnok should have the opposite.

I know about the one feat where a wall gets blown up, but what else do we have on the table?

I'm almost done with the revisions

Does Noob get matter manip for being able to make his clones hard enough to become bulletproof or soften them up to become easily destroyed? He can even make them intangible

He definitely needs Low-Mid regen too

I hate to do this to everyone, but...

Kintaro's 8-A feat is bullshit. And I'll explain why.

• The calc doesn't account for inverse square law, largely because it also doesn't account for the fact that we never see where Kintaro is standing in relation to the blast. Which matters. A lot.
  • Kintaro was clearly hurt by this to the point of debilitation, and everyone else within the blast radius sans a few were outright killed.
  • Even if the feat itself were legitimate (it's not), why we would consider this as anything but an outlier for the character is beyond me, and this "feat" is a major part of why our scaling for low-end MK is such trash right now. Kintaro is as much a jobber in the new timeline as most of the characters we're downgrading here. Shit, Sonya (or maybe it was Cassie, but I'm pretty sure it was Sonya) was the one to rip his head off its shoulders, and before that, Kuai Liang slapped both him and Goro in a 2v1, long before the latter had shown anything resembling Tier 8 or 7 feats.
So, I'm going to level with everyone here; we need to just scrap the feat entirely, or at the very least find a way to recalc it that takes ISL into account. And whatever the case, we need to re-evaluate whoever's "Kintaro level" (read: 8-A) right now, because Kintaro isn't even that good compared to most of the low-mid tiers he's fought, and unless I'm mistaken, he canonically dies to someone we're about to downgrade.

Ah ****, I guess that does make a lot of sense. Not to mention Kintaro losing to Striker of all people. So we might have a shitton of people to downgrade to 9-A for now is it?

That's old timeline, right?

Depends. But I will say that many of our current Tier 8 ratings go against common sense at the moment. Namely Sonya being Tier 8 when she was visibly incapped by a helicopter crash, and Kano being Tier 8 when the very nuke that was detonated in the midst of Kintaro's army was something he himself proposed to use. (as in, why would he propose using a nuke when he can do almost as much damage with his fists?)

In fact, it honestly makes no sense that people who are apparently capable of urban-level destruction with their bare hands would resort to using guns, bombs and armed vehicles so often, unless they're not supposed to be taken as being that strong to begin with.

The timelines kind of got merged as of MK 11, and it's a casual feat from MK1 everyone can do.

Well, Destructive Capacity =/= Attack Potency, and plenty of characters in fiction do tend to use weapons much weaker than they are. But I at least see your points and can see that Kano isn't one of those types of characters. Kind of a shame that most of the MK cast are getting downgraded while other fighting verses have been getting upgrades lately.

I know that DC and AP are separate. But the fact that many of these characters are recurrently portrayed as not being above Tier 9, and that we're scaling them to exactly one Tier 8 feat (especially one as sketchy as this) when they have none of their own, is more than enough cause for concern.

On the plus side, I can think of a few characters who have their own feats we can use, assuming they haven't been calc'd yet. But the characters like Sonya and Kano and whoever scales to those would definitely need to be downed to something more reasonable.

I'm thinking that they could have that shockwave feat from Wolf calves (alternately we could try Cyrax's self destruct)

About the 8-A feat

Kintaro was at the very vanguard of the army itself, basically he's at the front of the Shokan army. I'm pretty sure he wasn't weakened from that since he was still able to stand up and shout against Kotal.

Sonya required the help of a possessed Jacqui and Cassie to restrain Kintaro and the girls were also strengthened by Blood Magik. Kintaro doesn't scale to base Sonya, Cassie and Jacqui who are going to be downgraded, only their forms when they were possessed. Which reminds me, Kintaro would probably have a new key when he became promoted to a general/champion of the Shokan army (that key would be 8-A)

Also, these 8-B characters have placeholder ratings and I have already said that these characters shouldn't backscale to the 8-A feat.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Kind of a shame that most of the MK cast are getting downgraded while other fighting verses have been getting upgrades lately.
Tbh I really don't have any concern for that whatsoever but yes it's sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back