• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misaka Mikoto Vs Nora Valkryie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not rubbing in anything. I'm pointing out that repeatedly going from supporting your character to calling matches stomps isn't good for you and you should, on your part, try to avoid doing so.

@Regis I know, but people shouldnt instantly jump to the conclusion that im somehow abusing my power by disagreeing with prior argument due to learning more about the other character. I would not now nor would i ever willingly do so.

Alright. so I believe if i remember the VsB versus rules, a 7-0 can be added straight away? Though COB may have been voting for Nora considering his responses, so I don't exactly want to close it. yet. (The only one who actually bothered instead of crying)

KuuIchigo said:
Alright. so I believe if i remember the VsB versus rules, a 7-0 can be added straight away? Though COB may have been voting for Nora considering his responses, so I don't exactly want to close it. yet. (The only one who actually bothered instead of crying)
Correct, if there's no arguments for one side and the arguments make sense it can be added

I believe Core voted Misaka but he's making arguments as to why it isn't a stomp

I voted for Misaka. I was playing Devil's advocate and proving why it isn't a stomp despite Nora's advantage of starting off closer and Misaka tending to not go all out against enemies initially especially humane enemies.

And Misaka doesn't know the fact that Nora has a grenade launcher in her hammer. And would likely just stop her from hitting her hammer when she gets close leaving her vulnerable to a sudden explosion.

And how even a glancing blow can mess her up.

To see if it's a stomp this is simple: in what cases misaka loses ? if the options are viable then not it's not a stomp

if u really want equalize speed and range, anymore than this and then u should change characters

Why did you have to put out my favourites from the series ;-;

But yeah, Mikasa is the queen of the castle here

WeeklyBattles said:
@Regis I know, but people shouldnt instantly jump to the conclusion that im somehow abusing my power by disagreeing with prior argument due to learning more about the other character. I would not now nor would i ever willingly do so.
To be fair, and im saying this in the upmost respect, you kind of give this off. You call stomp wayyyy too frequently when the character you're supporting is losing quite badly. It might not be so but it just appears like that. Especially when you were originally arguing on why Nora would win.

But honestly, if the majority agrees that it isnt a stomp, we cant exactly not add it. Doing so would definitiely be abuse of power, seeing as it is just you against everyone else. Nora is gonna give em a fight, but at the end of the day Mikasa just has the advantages

Misaka can snipe Nora with Town level lightning that Nora wouldnt try to dodge in character due to her thinking she can tank it as her semblance allows her to absorb electricity. If nora by some miracle lives long enough to get in range to be able to try to shoot at Misaka with grenades they get broken down by Misaka's barrier and if she goes for melee combat Misaka puts up an electromagnetic barrier preventing her metal hammer from ever hitting her.

Nora has no way to ever hit misaka to be able to damage her.

No, she cant. Misaka is a glass cannon but that doesnt matter when Nora has no way to hit her.

Misaka can also cause nora to asphyxiate by removing all the oxygen in the area or kill her by making her inhale iron sand and destroying her body from the inside

That does seem rather inconsistent with the Kratos thread though. Also Nora could theoretically just punch her instead of using the hammer, since she I assume isn't magnetic.

If characters consistently one shotting faster was enough to make something a stomp, the likes of Ahzek Ahrima wouldn't have matches.

Nora has never resorted to punching the opponent before even when unarmed

And its not just the fact that Misaka can oneshot, its that no matter what Nora does Misaka makes it so she will never hit her with any attack

Sounds like a her problem because its definitely something she is able to do. A loss due to character actions also isn't a stomp, see Matt (Epic Battle Fantasy).

If you're unfamiliar with EBF matt, most of the hax on his page he doesn't use in character in favor of just hitting things because he's dumb.

Its not a loss due to character actions, its that no matter what Nora does Misaka makes it so she will never hit her with any attack

Again, Ahzek Ahrima's precog and psyker powers ensure that most every match he has the opponent doesn't have much chance, but he doesn't have all of his matches removed for stomp. A victory is possible, but won't happen. This is different from a scenario in which even under optimal conditions a victory is totally impossible.

Then Ahzek needs his matches removed

A victory is not possible as if nora tries to go for a punch Misaka shoves iron sand down her throat or removes the oxygen from the area and makes her asphyxiate

Weekly you are missing the point. A victory is technically possible, but is just incredibly unlikely. That defines a decisive match. In those Ahzek matches, such as vs Doom and Yukari, his opponents definitely have the means to end him. It's just that his advantages mean that he'll almost always end up on top, but it doesn't preclude the possibility of him ******* up. Same idea here. Nora can technically win, its just incredibly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back