• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rule:
1. Misaka is in her base key and anything above 8-A is restricted, Killua is Chimera Ant Arc and Election Arc and anything above 8-A is restricted.
2. Speed is equalized.
3. SBA.

Vote:
Misaka Mikoto: 3 (Doggo, chumiminjo, Soulgizmo)
Killua Zoldyck: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
I’ve heard Misaka has a passive defense that would work against nen crush, but I still don’t see what people are talking about with that. Nen is supernatural life energy, Misaka doesn’t have anything like that at all.

So, pretty sure Killua stomps no matter the key (though the last key kills both since she’ll explode).

Two things, that’s not the same thing nor even similar to what nen is though. I don’t see how that helps. Second, that’s her powers not her resistances.

Nen is life force while her powers are anime science.

Also, I’m at work, I’ll be back a bit later than like a minute

Two things, that’s not the same thing nor even similar to what nen is though. I don’t see how that helps. Second, that’s her powers not her resistances.

Also, I’m at work, I’ll be back a bit later than like a minute
I know. I'm just saying her powers are also supernatural

Nen is supernatural life energy, Misaka doesn’t have anything like that at all.
I don't know the exact mechanics of nen crush arguments, but Toaru characters (espers included) do have a life force as magic is performed by refining it.
“Relax your shoulders and take deep breaths. All you are doing is refining your life force
into magic power. That is the foundation of all magic. I am not talking about the combat
format designed for situations were a moment’s delay could cost you your life. You have
all the time in the world in this large temple, so it is not hard at all. What matters is
maintaining the proper pose and breathing. I will guide you through a proper meditation
using the correct symbols and signs.”
If Misaka needs to actually be skilled in manipulating her life force energy, then I guess she's screwed? Idk

Last edited:
Hey! next Death Battle will confirm this match up too (OMG)

But there still diffrent from this.... like Speed is not equalized and no Restrict.

I don't know the exact mechanics of nen crush arguments, but Toaru characters (espers included) do have a life force as magic is performed by refining it.

If Misaka needs to actually be skilled in manipulating her life force energy, then I guess she's screwed? Idk
Then I won’t really know if nen crush would work. I’ve heard it’s that if you have inferior power with nen (or pretty much life like energy on this site with verse equalization) you get crushed worse and worse.

Considering her power doesn’t really effect her physical in this key, I’m inclined towards think nen crush works here, but it seems the last key would ignore it.

Making Misaka 8A means she can only use her railgun lol
I mean, no? She can use anything, just nothing that goes above 8A (no full power lightning, Kaiju Railgun, etc).

Anyway, Nen Crush is a bit yeah, but it's not passive and idk if this version of Killua starts with it.

Misaka should have the edge in versatility and range, she also has faster reactions via radar

I mean, no? She can use anything, just nothing that goes above 8A (no full power lightning, Kaiju Railgun, etc).

Anyway, Nen Crush is a bit yeah, but it's not passive and idk if this version of Killua starts with it.
So she can still use her lightning but not at full power?

To my knowledge, Kilua has never used nen crush not to mention starting with it so that shouldn't be a factor here

So what's stopping Killua from getting in close and dominating?

I have near zero knowledge about Misaka
Her reaction speed is way above his combat and movement speed (speed equal or not, btw) and alongside that reaction speed goes her EM Radar, so finding Killua (in case he tries stealth or afterimages) would be super easy.

After that comes the fact Mikoto isn't a H2H fighter to begin with, she avoids direct combat every time she is against superhumans (Junko and Brunhild being just 2 examples) and can easily do that using both Iron Sand and close metal objects as shields as well as using her magnetism to pull her outside of the range of enemy attacks.

Putting all that together you have a genius who is much faster and knows how to avoid damage and keep the opponent at range of her attacks and exploit any weakness she may find from her opponents and their abilities mid-fight.

Her reaction speed is way above his combat and movement speed (speed equal or not, btw) and alongside that reaction speed goes her EM Radar, so finding Killua (in case he tries stealth or afterimages) would be super easy.

After that comes the fact Mikoto isn't a H2H fighter to begin with, she avoids direct combat every time she is against superhumans (Junko and Brunhild being just 2 examples) and can easily do that using both Iron Sand and close metal objects as shields as well as using her magnetism to pull her outside of the range of enemy attacks.

Putting all that together you have a genius who is much faster and knows how to avoid damage and keep the opponent at range of her attacks and exploit any weakness she may find from her opponents and their abilities mid-fight.
Cool but what's her actual movement speed?

I'm aware her reaction scale above her movement but what's her movement like?

I'm gonna say Misaka, she has better all around versatility and probably has alot more experience with her abilities. Killua has had God Speed for like what, a week by the time of the elections, so I think Misaka probably has a better understanding of all the stuff she can do with her power.

As far as I’m aware in speed equalized matches you still move a relative distance equal to the speed you would normally have. Like if one character can move 10 miles in a second they still can, they just can’t directly blitz the opponent with that speed. Multiple other speed equalize matches have ended with a character failing to get away from a character with faster movement speed and promptly getting wrecked in melee combat.

As far as I’m aware in speed equalized matches you still move a relative distance equal to the speed you would normally have. Like if one character can move 10 miles in a second they still can, they just can’t directly blitz the opponent with that speed. Multiple other speed equalize matches have ended with a character failing to get away from a character with faster movement speed and promptly getting wrecked in melee combat.
I haven't seen that happening in any match and that seek very strange to say the least.

The VT Rules page doesn't say anything about that either, all it says is that special abilities (running over water, creating tornados, etc) granted by X speed will not be lost in speed equal matches where the character is below X speed.

I feel like the amount of distance you could cover in a specific amount of time would count as a special ability in this case. I guess that’s something I can make a thread on today because it seems people have had disagreements on that.

No it only applies to combat speed
No.

The faster character gets their combat speed equalized to the slower characters's combat speed and then ALL of his other speeds are reduced by the same multiplier.

In this case, Killua movement is the same as his combat, so it will be athletic speed

No.

The faster character gets their combat speed equalized to the slower characters's combat speed and then ALL of his other speeds are reduced by the same multiplier.

In this case, Killua movement is the same as his combat, so it will be athletic speed
I'm pretty sure only combat speed gets equalized and if the other speeds are also coming from combat, they get equalized as well.

If killuas main advantage is his speed here then. Equalizing speed seems to be overly weakening him for the match

Back