• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Misaka & Misaki vs L

This is not a regular fight.

I believe it was Junko that stated that Misaka and Misaki together would make for the perfect crime duo, with Misaki erasing memories and Misaka erasing electronic records. Let's put that to the test.

Scenario: Misaka and Misaki get fed up with the world's prison population and begin murdering them one at a time. Of course, they are aware that the police is after them, so they try to cover their tracks. Rather than fighting a war, they would rather do their business in secret.
Of course, these deaths don't stay unnoticed by the world's greatest detective. L becomes interested in the case of criminals in random prisons across the country getting killed without any hints about who is doing it and begins to investigate.

Win Conditions: Misaka and Misaki win if they either are never caught or kill / mind control L. L wins the moment he has the hard evidence necessary to convict them (similar to what he wanted when hunting Light). For L actually capturing the two is not required. Just has to show they are murderers.

Location: The contest takes place in the Death Note World at the time Light found the Death Note (just that in this world there is no Death Note). L starts in his headquarters, Misaka and Misaki start in Tokyo.

Who manages to outsmart the other?

Misaka & Misaki vs L

This is not a regular fight.

I believe it was Junko that stated that Misaka and Misaki together would make for the perfect crime duo, with Misaki erasing memories and Misaka erasing electronic records. Let's put that to the test.

Scenario: Misaka and Misaki get fed up with the world's prison population and begin murdering them one at a time. Of course, they are aware that the police is after them, so they try to cover their tracks. Rather than fighting a war, they would rather do their business in secret.
Of course, these deaths don't stay unnoticed by the world's greatest detective. L becomes interested in the case of criminals in random prisons across the country getting killed without any hints about who is doing it and begins to investigate.

Win Conditions: Misaka and Misaki win if they either are never caught or kill / mind control L. L wins the moment he has the hard evidence necessary to convict them (similar to what he wanted when hunting Light). For L actually capturing the two is not required. Just has to show they are murderers.

Location: The contest takes place in the Death Note World at the time Light found the Death Note (just that in this world there is no Death Note). L starts in his headquarters, Misaka and Misaki start in Tokyo.

Who manages to outsmart the other?
Can this be added since I remember a non-fight to the death match was added regarding SpongeBob vs sanji in cooking competition

I mean, L has a 5D chess match on his profile. Buuuut since it's 2 vs 1 it probably still can't be added.

I mean, L has a 5D chess match on his profile. Buuuut since it's 2 vs 1 it probably still can't be added.
2v1 can potentially be added, under circumstances listed in Versus Thread Rules

Versus Threads that involve more than two characters (i.e. a 2v1) will only be added to profiles under specific circumstances, which are:
If a character canonically needs another character to fight at their full potential (i.e. Naofumi Iwatani and Raphtalia)
If one character is useless on their own (i.e. Gentle Criminal and La Brava)
If two characters are canonically known for fighting alongside one another frequently and supplement each other's skills in combat (i.e. Twinrova, Ice Climbers, and Batman and Robin)
Or utilize summons or familiars as their primary combat method (i.e. Pokémon Trainers and Digimon Tamers).
In addition, matches added this way must be limited to two participants per "team" to keep debates orderly and organized, with the exception being characters who primarily battle with summons or familiars. This rule mainly exists because it would create misleading results with weaker participants benefitting from stronger partners, and because it would be too messy to properly structure the win and loss sections with too many characters in each matchup result.
Although matches with three characters or more on one side are generally not allowed due to the reasons mentioned above, an exception is done for groups that are indexed as teams or civilizations, given their inherent notability, and mainly in order to not bloat the character profile page matchup sections with the number of participants.

2v1 can potentially be added, under circumstances listed in Versus Thread Rules
I'm aware, but the two clearly don't meet criteria 1, 2 or 4. And I feel criteria 3 is stretching it. They have fought together a few times, but they are not really what I would consider a proper team.

L's opponents have extraordinary genius intelligence superior to supercomputers, whereas Light doesn't have those capabilities and in the canon Death Note timeline was someone who L struggled to convict in a case that also involved special capabilities and otherworldly objects. The abilities of the culprits in this VS thread are inherent and brain-related, rather than originating from an incriminating object like a Death Note, so they could act like regular humans and L could do nothing about it. Keep in mind that Light wanted to eliminate L, and if he strictly prioritized the safety of himself and his plan, then he could've prevented himself from being exposed for a while until Misa became relevant and made his plan more tricky; Misaka and Misaki don't have those issues.

However, due to the culprits not having the range to easily affect L and the fact that L starts as incognito, if he would end up figuring out what Misaka and Misaki would be doing in the scenario, he wouldn't be susceptible to their abilities. It's likely that he would eventually obtain evidence of what they'd be doing, because he was very active when trying to solve a case despite preferring to hide his true identity, and based on his performance in Death Note, it's not unbelievable that he would figure out that the culprits would be doing something supernatural. For example, he might predict when and where Misaka and Misaki would kill next, and catch them in the act with a secret camera on a building that's out of their range. It's also likely that the culprits would account for factors like that, but ultimately they are not precisely like supercomputers, and are still humans who can act imperfectly.

The battle conditions don't require L to actually capture Misaka and Misaki, so in the event that L would figure out what they'd be doing, he would win, because he could easily "show they are murderers" without them removing the evidence, because they won't know where he is. He wouldn't need to physically go anywhere near them, so he wouldn't be at risk of getting killed or mind controlled.

For the reasons I described, I vote for L winning the scenario. I haven't followed the To Aru Majutsu No Index series in my free time though, so my analysis could have inaccuracies, and if it does, I'm willing to change my vote if I'm successfully convinced to.

Predicting where the two will go would be a challenge, though, since they have no reason to go in any particular order.
And setting up cameras is a double edge sword. If they are actually outside the range that's good. However, L doesn't know the range and Misaka will likely scout out the location. If the camera ever gets found... well, real-life modern cybersecurity is practically nonexistent before her. She would trace the signal back to its origin and then L is in trouble.

In general, L has to be careful. Misaki would no doubt use her mind control powers to check what the police had found in the case on occasion. If L announces his participation like he did in Death Note the hunt is on.

On the other hand, one advantage L has is that, contrary to the Death Note case, this one might have DNA evidence. While the girls can erase witnesses and electronic records, it's quite possible that they leave behind a hair here and there. That could tell him some physical details. Sex, hair colour, eye colour etc. That narrows it down somewhat. And it makes it possible to prove that they are criminals just by sneaking a DNA sample as soon as they are suspects.

Predicting where the two will go would be a challenge, though, since they have no reason to go in any particular order.
And setting up cameras is a double edge sword. If they are actually outside the range that's good. However, L doesn't know the range and Misaka will likely scout out the location. If the camera ever gets found... well, real-life modern cybersecurity is practically nonexistent before her. She would trace the signal back to its origin and then L is in trouble.

In general, L has to be careful. Misaki would no doubt use her mind control powers to check what the police had found in the case on occasion. If L announces his participation like he did in Death Note the hunt is on.

On the other hand, one advantage L has is that, contrary to the Death Note case, this one might have DNA evidence. While the girls can erase witnesses and electronic records, it's quite possible that they leave behind a hair here and there. That could tell him some physical details. Sex, hair colour, eye colour etc. That narrows it down somewhat. And it makes it possible to prove that they are criminals just by sneaking a DNA sample as soon as they are suspects.
Those are good ideas.

Back