• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor RWBY tier adjustment

Oh okay that makes more sense. So Mercury and Emerald will now have 2 keys. One is Volumes 1-5 being High 8-C and the other being Volume 6 onwards being 8-B.

Since this is pretty much accepted, I'm going to apply the changes to Cinder/Amber/Raven.

I'm changing the names of Cinder's keys to:

Pre-Maide | Volumes 1-3 | Volumes 4-5

(I'm not adding Volume 6 until it's over)

Question about Cinder. What key would she fall under in say, Volume 6, but without Maiden Powers (like in the fight against Neo)

Chartate101 said:
Question about Cinder. What key would she fall under in say, Volume 6, but without Maiden Powers (like in the fight against Neo)
We do not know yet, as Volume 6 is not over.

The answer I'm giving to Volume 6 updates regarding anyone other than the God Brothers is "wait until it's finished".

Because we'll have like 4-5 different threads otherwise.

Though Adam's rating comes from scaling to Pre-Maiden Cinder.

She's going to be 8-B now right, or am I wrong?

Actually wait, isn't Cinder w/out the Maiden Powers at all (Prior to Amber) High 8-C???

I thought this was just for Base Cinder when she has the Maiden Powers.

That doesn't really make sense. What points to her being 8-B prior to her encounter with Amber?

Because Cinder hasn't shown to have gotten stronger between Volume 3-5. Remember, she was injured for all of Volume 4 and we saw her only trying to control her Maiden Powers.

Her base should be comparable to Raven since their Maiden forms are equal.

Yes, you're right. Between Volume 3-5.

I'm talking about before she even gets Half the Fall Maiden's powers. She totally gets a power boost then, before they she was just above Mercury/Emerald.

Dargoo Faust said:
Emerald/Mercury should be 8-B in Vol 6 if stuff is playing out as I think they are.

Before that it's a bit outlierish as they're just portrayed as more powerful than the main crew, but not completely out of their league.
Just want to point out that at no point are they ever actually shown to be comparable to the main cast. Merc held back against Pyrrha because he was learning her powers and style (With WoG saying he'd beat her if he was serious), he let Yang beat him at the end of the Vytal Festival, Merc and Emerald curbstomped everyone they fought in the Vytal Festival including senior students, Neo humiliated Yang and stomped Ruby alongside Torchwick.

At no point are they shown to be on the level of pre-timeskip RWBY, theyre consistently shown to be above them

TheRustyOne said:
Amber.
Cinder can hurt Base Amber who should be 8-B as well.
Why are we assuming base Amber is 8-B?

Raven gets her 8-B from scaling to Qrow and other pro hunters, Cinder and Amber don't have anyone to scale to at base (Pre-Fall Maiden powers, I mean)

Because her Maiden powers are High 7-C, which means she's equal to Maiden Raven. This should also mean her base form is equal to Raven as well.

It's the same reason Cinder's being 8-B.

She's equal to Raven with the Maiden Powers, sure. But why would her Base form scale up as well? Raven's a professional hunter with years of experience with her abilities, Amber is completely new to her powers.

The base forms being equal doesn't make much sense.

The reasoning is flawed. Why the heck would aquiring the Maiden Powers make you stronger without the Maiden Powers activated? That makes no sense.

Why is Cinder being 8-B?

The Maiden powers are amps, they amp 8-Bs to High 7-C. If Amber is equal to Maiden Raven, then that means her Base form is 8-B as well.

She was stated to be inexperienced, not weak.

Unless Base Amber isn't 8-B along with Base Cinder.

The Maiden Powers are amps when they're activated. You don't get a boost without them, that doesn't make sense.

Amber shouldn't be equal to Raven, I don't see anything pointing to that. I also don't see anything pointing to a powerboost when the powers aren't even active.

Base Amber being High 8-C and Pre-Fall Maiden Cinder being High 8-C makes the scaling work.

You clearly don't understand what I said.

They amp 8-Bs into High 7-C.

If Amber is High 8-C, that means she isn't equal to Maiden Raven when she goes Maiden.

TheRustyOne said:
They amp 8-Bs into High 7-C.

If Amber is High 8-C, that means she isn't equal to Maiden Raven when she goes Maiden.
No, they amp anyone into High 7-C, as it's a set amount of power the Wizard split into each of them. If a regular woman saw a Maiden die, she wouldn't get 8-B strength when her powers aren't active; as by definition they aren't activated.

Raven is 8-B due to her having hunter training, not because she has the Maiden Powers. You're using a false equivalency.

What points to Amber being 8-B? The only people she can directly scale from are Mercury, Emerald, and Cinder long before Volumes 1-3, who doesn't really scale to anyone but Mercury and Emerald.

So is Cinder not becoming 8-B then?

Because if Cinder is 8-B, Amber is 8-B.

It's in the OP.

TheRustyOne said:
So is Cinder not becoming 8-B then?
Because if Cinder is 8-B, Amber is 8-B.
I didn't say that.

Pre-Maiden Cinder would be High 8-C.

Base Amber would be High 8-C.

Cinder during Volume 1-3 would be 8-B.

The scaling checks out just fine like that.

During Volume 1-3?

She fights Glynda. That wouldn't be an outlier if we say she's 8-B at base during the first three volumes.

The way I'm spelling this out makes the least number of outliers or errors in scaling.

We have no proof that Cinder grew in strength during that small period of time. The Black Trailer takes place the same day as Adam threatens Cinder.

The fight with Glynda shouldn't take place that long after.

We actually aren't given any time period as to how long ago those events were, and it's reasonable to say she grew in power during that time.

That said, if Glynda is the only incident of her fighting with professional hunters at base during Vol 1-3, perhaps High 8-C should be her tier for that time period too.

Also I'm curious, you disagree with the OP but never mentioned that. I assumed you'd agree with what Schnee One had written so you can understand my confusions when you said Amber shouldn't be 8-B.

Also wasn't that Maiden Cinder who fought Glynda? Her eyes were glowing and she used Amber's moves.

If not then Base Cinder needs fire manipulation on her page since she can shoot out balls of fire, and make pillars of fire rise from the ground.

I misread the OP, thinking Pre-Maiden Cinder would stay at High 8-C.

That said, I've developed a lot of these arguments while discussing with you, so sorry for jumping the gun on that.

I'm not sure, if her eye was glowing that'd be an outlier on Glynda's part or Cinder just wasn't going all out as to not draw too much attention.

Base Cinder should have Fire Manipulation, she does that before she takes Amber's powers.

I guessed as much, it seemed like we weren't on the same page.

To be fair, it wouldn't be an outlier for Glynda since it's possible Qrow and the others are comparable to the Maidens as well... But I'm not going back to that. (I have Patience)

So, what are the ratings going to be now?

Amber is getting a base key, but I guess Cinder isn't changing now?

Wait, why is that Cinder 8-B? Unless that's for future Volume 6 scaling?

Because I'm positive that Cinder was using her Maiden powers against Glynda. She used the same pillar of fire that she made against Qrow, during her fight with Glynda.

Also she did Amber's blocking bullets with hand, thing. I would say her eye was glowing, but her entire outfit was glowing as well.

Base Cinder killed the Beringel, not Maiden.

Had to go do something.

The keys are Vol 1-3 and Vol 4-5, not pre-maiden and post-maiden.

Oh man, I didn't know that Cinder fought Amber

On a serious note, I thought you didn't agree with Amber being 8-B? So why is Cinder fighting Base Amber mention on her profile?

Also the fight with Amber takes place the day after she was threaten by Adam. Blake was with Adam when Cinder first appeared, he said the train will be here at dawn. We all know that's when Blake left and the Black trailer happens.

When Cinder returns, Adam has just told the other White Fang members that Blake left. With one of them promising he'll find Blake, till Adam tells him to forget it.

So that shouldn't be in the Volume 1-3 tab either.

I didn't agree on Amber being 8-B only after this discussion. I didn't realise she had no reason to be at 8-B. I just sort of realized saying Base Maidens are all 8-B, when Base literally means they aren't using their powers, is silly. Raven has legit reasons for being 8-B at base, Cinder (Vol 1-3) and Amber don't.

Cinder's base being High 8-C during Volumes 1-3 doesn't contradict anything from what I'm aware of, so if there isn't any objections I'll give it a day before updating to what Rusty and I sort of agreed on.

Uh

So, I'm going to change Base Amber to High 8-C and update Cinder's justifications, that alright?

Back