• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor RWBY tier adjustment

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
As stated on the RWBY discussion thread. I think that with all the recent downgrades it actually makes much more sense for Cinder Fall and Amber to be 8B for the following reasons.

1. Amber loses the Cinder and her group, previously considered PIS because of the tiers they once were, but now is consistent with....

2. We know Maidens are only High 7C with their powers active. They are 8B when not so. Which makes much more sense as to why Amber took severe damage from Cinder in the fight when her powers were off.

3. Cinder Fall should at least be comparable with the rest of Salem's faction. And before someone brings up Leongeart, unlike him Cinder is more shown to be a fighter on the front lines then the shriveling coward Lionheart was.

For these reasons, and for the better consistency. Amber gets an 8B key. While Cinder's base goes to 8B

I agree with Cinder being 8-B, but Adam would have to be upgraded as well.

Also I assume Cinder's reasonings would be that she scales to Glynda?

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Was able destroy attacks from Glynda. Shouldn't be much weaker than Tyria and base Hazel)

Amber

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Was able to injure and push back Cinder)

Cinder is currently High 8-C, while Glynda is at least 8-B. half maiden Cinder is High 7-C.

She likely wasn't using her maiden powers as her eyes weren't glowing

I'm unsure on Adam having an upgrade but I'll let ya guys decide

It was stated by Ironwood that Cinder likely has dust infused in her clothing. Ruby noticed that her clothes would light up any time she attacked,

So she was using Dust not Maiden powers.

Also, i meant to bring this up because it REALLY should be, but rewatching the fight, Mercury and Emerald were able to harm Amber in her base form but not her Maiden form. Just wanted to point this out as them being 8-B may actually be consistent with feats both pre and post timeskip

He dominated her in the fight to get her semblance active and to piss her off until she used her semblance and then purposely lost the fight so Emerald could trick her into attacking him to cause outrage in the stadium to draw Grimm to the city

Merc also:

• Stomped Yatsuhashi and casually deflected his attacks
  • Effectively stopped pre-timeskip Ruby in her tracks with one kick and forced her to get around him rather than fight him directly
  • Killed his father who Base Cinder viewed as a powerful ally to her cause
Emerald curbstomped Coco as well, and them being 8-B would be consistent with Emerald being able to slightly cut Tyrian as well

This would scale to Pyrrha and Penny by extension too

Does it though? Ruby trading blows with Emerald and Mercury, cutting off Tyrian's tail, and knocking out Leo's aura would all be consistent now, as would her taking a few hits from Tyrian.

And Ren taking a hit from Hazel

And Ruby cutting apart a grimm that took hits from Qrow

And Weiss taking a few hits from Vernal

And...

You get the point

Doesn't 8-B come from Weiss' Arma Gigas destroying a Queen Lancer?

Scaling normal students to that seems rly iffy.

@Maverick It comes from the Queen Lancer being undamaged by an 18 ton attack

Hence why they'd scale below that feat

Also Blake knocking Hazel on his ass

And donkey punching Adam

All very, very slight damage. They'd be overall weaker in general and would scale below the 18 ton feat but they can still dish out that level of damage to a minor extent

I've discussed with Weekly on chat as to why 8-B for Vol 4 and 5 shouldn't be a thing, although expect Volume 6 to have RWBY and likely JN_R to scale to pro huntsmen.

Back