• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor RWBY tier adjustment

Yeah.

You can definitly tell that the characters are getting closer and closer to operating on the same level as Pro Huntsmen, especially considering they fight monsters that gave Qrow trouble and made a completle joke out of two other pros.

So the adjustments are as followed

8-B: Mercury, Emerald, Pre-Volume 6 Neo, Penny, Pyrrha, End of Volume 5 Sun, Team RWBY and JN_R

At least 8-B: Base Cinder, Base Amber, Base Adam, and Volume 6 Neo

Dargoo Faust said:
I've discussed with Weekly on chat as to why 8-B for Vol 4 and 5 shouldn't be a thing, although expect Volume 6 to have RWBY and likely JN_R to scale to pro huntsmen.
8-B shouldn't be a thing for Vol. 4 and 5? I'm curious as to why.

They didn't fight anything 8-B in Volume 4 (Tyrian stomped them hard), and they were training during Volume 5.

End of Volume 5 and Volume 6 8-B seems to be alright.

Mercury and Emerald should not be 8B considering the end of Vol 5 involved RWBY and the likes fighting them

From what I'm seeing, it looks like everybody's 8-B ratings comes from Vernal beating the Arma Gigas (which can beat something unharmed by a 8-B explosion), but wasn't the Arma Gigas that she hit not fully formed?

So, was she just preventing it from being summoned as opposed to fighting the complete Arma Gigas?

She didn't stop her from summoning it. Weiss had it out and Vernal one shotted it, it was like 60% out of the ground, I don't why see we should assume it was any less durable because of that.

Peter1129 said:
So the adjustments are as followed
8-B: Mercury, Emerald, Pre-Volume 6 Neo, Penny, Pyrrha, End of Volume 5 Sun, Team RWBY and JN_R

At least 8-B: Base Cinder, Base Amber, Base Adam, and Volume 6 Neo
No.

Weekly and I came to a conclusion on chat as to how that's not accurate.

Only Volume 6 and the rear end of Volume 5 is getting the 8-B treatment.

What about Neo? She fought Volume 6 Base Cinder and was stated to have gotten stronger.

And unless your name is Cinder Fall, don't update any of the pages with Vol 6 rating until Vol 6 is over, peeps.

He isn't stronger than Base Cinder, he's comparable to her. That stronger line should be removed.

Cinder threaten Adam to join her cause after gaining Half of the Fall Maiden's power. However she didn't threaten him before she became a Half Maiden.

In fact he threaten her and she backed off.

Neither Adam nor Cinder knew that much about eachother in their first exchange.

She didn't want to fight him likely because she had other uses for the White Fang, not because she was actually afraid of fighting him. If you look at her attitude during the conversation she isn't anything but mildly amused with him.

Why would fighting Adam have any value to her in the first place? It's not like she was afraid that she couldn't take him in a fight.

Adam threaten her and she back off, then after becoming a Half Maiden she threatens him. It seems pretty clear that Cinder wasn't confident that she could threaten Adam until she became a Half Maiden.

Cinder doesn't have any way to make Adam join her. She knew this when he declined her offer and after becoming a Half Maiden she threaten him to join or she would kill him.

"Or plan will be beneficial to both of us... Or one of us."

She clearly threatening him, something she didn't do until she became a Half Maiden. This implies that she couldn't threaten him until she became a Half Maiden.

This means Adam must be comparable to her.

I'll drop the Adam thing for now, but if we aren't scaling him to Cinder than I have no idea what his rating should be.

Well, he managed to fight and beat Volume 3 Blake (and one-shot Yang with his Semblance), and briefly held off Vol. 5 Blake & Sun before retreating. So he can be scaled from that.

Damage3245 said:
and briefly held off Vol. 5 Blake & Sun before retreating
End of Volume 5, the distinction is surprisingly important.

Eh, I can agree to Adam being 8-B.

End of Volume 5.

Although it's so close to the beggining of Volume 6 I'd rather just have 6 be 8-B and 4-5 High 8-C for sake of simplicity.

Vol 4-5, imo, is them transitioning into the level of Professional Hunters. You slowly see more and more minor scaling feats that aren't impressive on their own, and then in Vol 6 you finally see them working with Qrow as equals.

Nah, you're being polite as can-be, Rust.

Asserting stuff you think is correct is always a good thing to do. I'm wrong a lot more than I give myself credit for.

Emerald/Mercury should be 8-B in Vol 6 if stuff is playing out as I think they are.

Before that it's a bit outlierish as they're just portrayed as more powerful than the main crew, but not completely out of their league.

No, it would be Vol 1-5 being High 8-C and 6 being 8-B.

If you want to be really anal about the specifics you can say End of Vol 5 - 6 but I think that's unecessary and a bit confusing.

Let's wait for 6 to finish before we update them, though.

Back