• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor MFTL+ upgrades for Dragon Ball Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason the comments were taken as antagonistic. We're not disagreeing or anything like that. We just weren't aware that it was allowed to apply such a big chain of multipliers - canon multipliers, yes, I know - with no real feat needed, only canon multipliers. That's all there is to it.

And if it indeed is allowed, then I will sleep with additional knowledge in mind. And probably wake up and use this knowledge for verses I'm familiar with. There's nothing deeper to this.

For some reason the comments were taken as antagonistic. We're not disagreeing or anything like that. We just weren't aware that it was allowed to apply such a big chain of multipliers - canon multipliers, yes, I know - with no real feat needed, only canon multipliers. That's all there is to it.

And if it indeed is allowed, then I will sleep with additional knowledge in mind. And probably wake up and use this knowledge for verses I'm familiar with. There's nothing deeper to this.
I doubt you'll find verses that are this dependant on multipliers like dragon ball.

I doubt you'll find verses that are this dependant on multipliers like dragon ball.
Oh, I know of some. Though they are not quite dependant on them, but they sure have plethora of multipliers that can help. We just were ignoring those having too big of an impact as no feats were there to support them, but if the wiki policy allows for canon multipliers to be used alone why not XD.

Oh, I know of some. Though they are not quite dependant on them, but they sure have plethora of multipliers that can help. We just were ignoring those having too big of an impact as no feats were there to support them, but if the wiki policy allows for canon multipliers to be used alone why not XD.
Yeah multipliers can be used as long as they're consistent, and stated.

I'm calling it now, this thread will be the catalyst for multiplier stacking being banned.
Probably, i think making this thread was a mistake. It's a shame because it took a long time to calculate the scaling chain.

Staff needs to reach a proper conclusion when it comes to multipliers. It's extremely annoying that we need 3 CRTs to discuss this matter concerning multipliers that got already accepted.
They need to come up with something for BOTH lifting strength and speed or else we will have 20 CRT concerning this matter every year.

There are also to consider the various statements of characters about having/using half of their strength, i'm specifically referring to:

Future Android 17, when he stated that he was only using half of his power to match Future SSj1 Gohan.

Cell Saga SSj1 4th Grade Goku, when he was show to be already stronger than everybody (aside for SSj1 Teen Gohan) with only half of his power.

Cell Saga SSj2 Gohan, when he stated that had just half of his Ki due of his injury when he had to counter Super Perfect Cell's Kamehameha.

And i don't see why we shouldn't use them, after all we accepted Frieza statements about using only half of his strength against Pre SSj1 Goku.

Last edited:
None of those panels are saying that the speed is also getting multiplied by the same amount.

Android 17 was only talking about pulling back his punches, hence only using half of his power. Not speed.

Nowhere is it stated that Cell gets twice as fast after absorbing androids.

Goku's power being twice also doesn't correlate with his speed being twice. We only use speed multipliers for kaioken.

The current ratings based on multipliers are questionable enough without any feat to back it up. The results proposed here will not be accepted with such flimsy reasons without anything in the verse coming close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back