• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Arceus and Creation Hax Addition: Type 8 Immortality & Power Nullification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should True Arceus be resistant to matter manipulation? I mean, Arceus precedes it, in the same way that it precedes souls.

Wouldn't that also go for all the Sinnoh gods in general? Since matter explicitly didn't come to be until the birth of the 2 trios.

Yeah, it is directly stated that the matter was born from Dialga and Palkia's wishes.

"The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be."
"The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be."

"Two make matter, and three make spirit, shaping the world."

BTW Mesprit and Azelf should get Creation for obvious reasons, +

Three Pokémon there were.Into the lakes they dove.
Deep, deep, drawing no breath.
Deeper, deeper they dove.
Into suffocating depths they dove.
Deeper, then deepest they alight.
From the lake floor they rise.
Bearing with them the power to make vast lands, they rise again.

Same for Dialga and Giratina.

Sure. But lets not use this thread as a means to give these guys too many other abilities, I want to make sure the original proposals get accepted and applied first.

just cause someone predates something doesnt mean they resist it what?
Im pretty sure he means because they predate the creation of matter, they themselves are not made of matter, so they resist it for lacking matter.

Like lacking a soul = immunity to soul manipulation.

Im pretty sure he means because they predate the creation of matter, they themselves are not made of matter, so they resist it for lacking matter.

Like lacking a soul = immunity to soul manipulation.
oh I know that is what he was trying to push for, but that makes no sense just cause someone predates the concept of time does mean they are resistant to it, they just exist before it, you would need solid proof that they don't have it in any manner, Palkia and Arceus sure as hell ain't getting it, you could make an argument for Dialga and Giratina maybe due to what they are but just because you predate something does mean you lack it

oh I know that is what he was trying to push for, but that makes no sense just cause someone predates the concept of time does mean they are resistant to it, they just exist before it, you would need solid proof that they don't have it in any manner, Palkia and Arceus sure as hell ain't getting it, you could make an argument for Dialga and Giratina maybe due to what they are but just because you predate something does mean you lack it
First off, why wouldn't Arceus get it? The CT are all aspects of him, so whatever they have, Arceus gets by default.

Secondly, in fairness, using time as an example is not a good comparison since you can't "lack" time by coming before it. In this case however, the argument is that because they came before matter was ever a thing, it means that their existence lacks matter. And if they lack matter, then they'd then get a resistance to matter manipulation for not being made of matter.

First off, why wouldn't Arceus get it? The CT are all aspects of him, so whatever they have, Arceus gets by default.

Secondly, in fairness, using time as an example is not a good comparison since you can't "lack" time by coming before it. In this case however, the argument is that because they came before matter was ever a thing, it means that their existence lacks matter. And if they lack matter, then they'd then get a resistance to matter manipulation for not being made of matter.
Since he is literally Palkia who as we all know is space that should contain matter so if he is Palkia he should still have matter that can be manipulated so he shouldn't get it

If you exist before something you do not necessarily lack it if that were the case if you were to exist before something you would have to resist everything that you predate since the set of the universe/multiverse and it's subsets would not include you in their composition so you should reasonably lack every single thing that exists within the universe/multiverse if we are going by that logic then

that is not the issue, the issue is that due to them being composed of space they would by proxy be composed of matter
I know what you said, which is why I suggested that maybe the quote speaks about their avatars not being made of matter instead of their true forms (which would be time, space, etc.)

I know what you said, which is why I suggested that maybe the quote speaks about their avatars not being made of matter instead of their true forms (which would be time, space, etc.)
I'm neutral to that then, but if you are going down that route you are going to have to deal with the fact that logically this would lead to them getting resistance to so many other things due to them originating in the universe

distortion world sends storm things that fix damage done to space time.
Dialga and Palkia are space time.
Arceus is all of that.
They get imo 8 and stuff

That's it? Seems like an easy addition to me.
Yeah. Basically, part of the DW's role in the cosmology is to maintain the balance between time and space, countering any sort of imbalance that can threaten it. This includes attacks. Since Dialga and Palkia (and Arceus) in their true forms are time and space, they are reliant on the DW as another layer of protection. Hence, type 8 immortality.

This also gives true form Giratina power nullification for being able to negate the said imbalances.

Yeah. Basically, part of the DW's role in the cosmology is to maintain the balance between time and space, countering any sort of imbalance that can threaten it. This includes attacks. Since Dialga and Palkia (and Arceus) in their true forms are time and space, they are reliant on the DW as another layer of protection. Hence, type 8 immortality.

This also gives true form Giratina power nullification for being able to negate the said imbalances.
Surprised this wasn't already implemented on Giratins at least.

So, since the avatars of Arceus and Giratina have already Immortality (Type 8) and while Arceus itself has Power Nullification, then their True Forms should have Improved Immortality (Type 8) for both Arceus and Giratina, while Improved Power Nullification in the case of Arceus?

So, since the avatars of Arceus and Giratina have already Immortality (Type 8) and while Arceus itself has Power Nullification, then their True Forms should have Improved Immortality (Type 8) for both Arceus and Giratina, while Improved Power Nullification in the case of Arceus?
You could say that, yeah. Arceus has another source of power null now should this go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back