• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Arceus and Creation Hax Addition: Type 8 Immortality & Power Nullification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems interesting, I agree with Type 8 since that seems the best way to describe this. I'm unsure on Power Nullification.
Thanks for giving input. To give clarification, the power null would be coming from the basis that the DW negates imbalances within the cosmology that can threaten the balance between time and space.

And as shown in the 2nd clip, this also applies to attacks, since Dialga and Palkia's battle in Alamos Town was greatly distorting time and space and the DW was countering the imbalances they caused.

If so it should be fine, but should likely be specified that the Power Null only applies to Space & Time Manip then.

I mean, does power null work like that? From what I hear, power null doesn't need to be shown to work on various hax in order to null anything.

Yeah but this is kinda specific no? Giratina is doing this by restoring balance to the Space-Time right?

Yeah but this is kinda specific no? Giratina is doing this by restoring balance to the Space-Time right?
Yeah, or as said in the clip, it corrects the imbalances to maintain the balance. Dialga and Palkia's battle is used as an example to show this as every attack they make needed the DW to counteract the effects of their battle to maintain the balance.

Hence, the creation of those toxic clouds as bi-products.

Seems like a rather specific application for this imo, granted I've not really dealt with Power Null at all in the past.

No I understand. But power null seems to be the best way to describe this as well, since the given examples of what the DW counters would be attacks, space-time manipulation, and reality warping.

I guess overall Power Nullification would be fair enough if that's generally how Power Null works. However again I'm probably not the best staff member to ask in regards to Power Null.

Couldn't it also be it's own form of Space-Time Manipulation? If he's fixing distorted Space-Time this could be another alternative.

Had it not been for Dialga and Palkia's battle falling under what the DW counters, I probably would've said the same thing. But, since attacks are shown to be suppressed by the DW to maintain the balance, it seems to be closer to some kind of power null.

@ProfessorKukui4Life
If you want to get more people's attention to this thread, I think you should add these tags: Arceus, Pokémon and Pokémon (Verse)

Because without that, I don't think many more people will discover this thread by themselves.

I am honestly surprised this isn't already there.
The Anime couldn't have been more blatant. I support this as T8
I don't agree with power null, as the attacks aren't nullified. Their effects are just reversed, and damage moved elsewhere (Distortion World).

Last edited:
I am honestly surprised this isn't already there.
The Anime couldn't have been more blatant. I support this as T8
I don't agree with power null, as the attacks aren't nullified. Their effects are just reversed, and damage moved elsewhere (Distortion World).
The problem though is that the imbalances are said to "be corrected". Attacks given off like from Dialga and Palkia are an example of what falls under that, and so far, power null is the only thing that seems to describe that.

Also, I wouldn't say the damage is transferred since it isn't as if the distortion world gets damaged by the imbalances. It gets polluted by those toxic clouds as bi-products of repairing the imbalances.

The problem though is that the imbalances are said to "be corrected". Attacks given off like from Dialga and Palkia are an example of what falls under that, and so far, power null is the only thing that seems to describe that.

Also, I wouldn't say the damage is transferred since it isn't as if the distortion world gets damaged by the imbalances. It gets polluted by those toxic clouds as bi-products of repairing the imbalances.
If it was true power null, there wouldn't be toxic clouds at all, as the effect would simply have been nullified.
Since there are toxic clouds, it seems more like an instantaneous repair.
I, personally, find it much more likely to be your everyday passive reality warping.

If it was true power null, there wouldn't be toxic clouds at all, as the effect would simply have been nullified.
Since there are toxic clouds, it seems more like an instantaneous repair.
I, personally, find it much more likely to be your everyday passive reality warping.
I think you missed what I meant. Those toxic clouds are born as side effect bi-products whenever the distortion world corrects imbalances in the cosmology. It isn't as if they are made by an active choice, but rather, a passive side effect of the distortion world fulfilling it's role.

That said, if it's not power null then what should it be? It can't just be reality warping as one way or another, attacks are able to have their damage and effects suppressed by the distortion world as well when it does this.

I think you missed what I meant. Those toxic clouds are born as side effect bi-products whenever the distortion world corrects imbalances in the cosmology. It isn't as if they are made by an active choice, but rather, a passive side effect of the distortion world fulfilling it's role.

That said, if it's not power null then what should it be? It can't just be reality warping as one way or another, attacks are able to have their damage and effects suppressed by the distortion world as well when it does this.
I will concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back