• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Arceus and Creation Hax Addition: Type 8 Immortality & Power Nullification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, another one of these, I know. But I wanted this proposal to get its own thread to discuss it in instead of bringing it up in the other hax upgrade threads, as this is sort've new. But also not new at the same time.

Anyway, the proposal is in the title. I think Arceus and the Creation Trio should have something akin to "Divine Protection", or in our sites terms, some other type of Immortality. Most likely Type 8 Immortality. Why? Because of the role the Distortion World plays in The Pokemon Cosmology, as explained and shown in these 2 clips:

Some have seen these brought up before for other ability revisions, so this is already common knowledge here. What's "new" comes from what the Distortion World does already.

As Newton explains, whenever an imbalance takes place in The Pokemon Cosmology, the Distortion World corrects said imbalances so that the balance between time and space is maintained. Whenever the distortion world does this, black toxic clouds are created as bi-products of repairing the space-time imbalances, which happen constantly. The 2nd clip shows that this also applies to attacks, as Dialga and Palkia's battle in Alamos Town, which was greatly distorting time and space, was supported by the Distortion World countering the effects of their battle. Which, as a result, caused the distortion world to be overflowed with large quantities of those toxic clouds.

So as for what I'm proposing? Simply put, time and space in Pokemon are given an extra layer of protection by the Distortion World's role of maintaining the balance between them. Meaning, time and space in Pokemon can never be destroyed in the first place as long as the distortion world (Giratina) exists. So I believe this should qualify for the creation trio's true forms to possess either some kind of divine protection, or Type 8 Immortality. And of course, Arceus would receive this as well.

On an extra note, this should also give True Form Giratina Power Nullification too, since the Distortion World maintaining the balance between time and space has it nullify imbalances in The Pokemon Cosmology, which as the 2nd clip shows, also applies to attacks.

Last edited:
Couldn't this be type 8 since they would be reliant on the distortion world? And maybe regeneration too that's reliant on it?

Couldn't this be type 8 since they would be reliant on the distortion world? And maybe regeneration too that's reliant on it?
Well, "reliant" is the wrong word in my view. Instead they're just given another layer of extra protection.

Though you think this could be T8 regardless?

Well here is the thing, type 8 by itself is many times less "reliant" and more "i have extra lifes", you could say their restorationnis reliant on the distortion world, but they wouldn't die without it, they would just be vulnerable.

Well here is the thing, type 8 by itself is many times less "reliant" and more "i have extra lifes", you could say their restorationnis reliant on the distortion world, but they wouldn't die without it, they would just be vulnerable.
Ahhh okay, my bad, I read that the wrong way lol.

In that case, yeah, Type 8 would seem to be the best way to describe this.

Last edited:
On an extra note, this should also give True Form Giratina Power Nullification too, since the Distortion World maintaining the balance between time and space has it nullify imbalances in The Pokemon Cosmology, which as the 2nd clip shows, also applies to attacks.
What does everyone think about this too btw? Added it in as an extra but it might be something Giratina's true form could have.

No wait, so True Forms of Dialga/Palkia and Giratina are reliant on each other to exist? Seems a nice addition, got it wrong lol

No wait, so True Forms of Dialga/Palkia and Giratina are reliant on each other to exist? Seems a nice addition, got it wrong lol
Yup thats what I meant when I showed you this. Part of the distortion world's purpose is to prevent the balance between time and space from breaking, so it gives an extra level of protection to time and space from anything that could destroy them.

Aka, Dialga and Palkia in their true forms.

Couldn't this be considered an "unconventional resistance"? I don't know how I feel about type 8 immortality being used to describe this. It's almost like.. I guess "shields to a HP bar" for time and space idk, it's super weird

Couldn't this be considered an "unconventional resistance"? I don't know how I feel about type 8 immortality being used to describe this. It's almost like.. I guess "shields to a HP bar" for time and space idk, it's super weird
How does unconventional resistance work again?

How does unconventional resistance work again?
I'm not sure, hence why I put it in quotes, but after thinking about it some more, it might be more aptly describes by limited power nullification, consider:

limited Power Nullification: Damage taken by Dialga and Palkia (time and space) is nullified due to the nature of the distortion world, purifying all imbalances to their true forms.

And I guess its limit is the size of the distortion world, so it's like a damage sponge ability.

I'm not sure, hence why I put it in quotes, but after thinking about it some more, it might be more aptly describes by limited power nullification, consider:

limited Power Nullification: Damage taken by Dialga and Palkia (time and space) is nullified due to the nature of the distortion world, purifying all imbalances to their true forms.

And I guess it's limit is the size of the distortion world, so it's like a damage sponge ability.
Yeah something like this for Giratina. But it would also go for space-time imbalances too given Newton said "corrects them". But generally speaking, yeah this is what I was going for.

And its not even like the DW takes the damage as all it gets in return is toxic clouds as a king of bi-product.

Yeah something like this for Giratina. But it would also go for space-time imbalances too given Newton said "corrects them". But generally speaking, yeah this is what I was going for.

And its not even like the DW takes the damage as all it gets in return is toxic clouds as a king of bi-product.
I agree this is a notable ability that should be on their pages, I just don't know which ability fits it best.

So far, Type 8 immortality seems the best thing that can describe this, since it would show best that time and space are reliant on the DW as another form of defense against anything that could destroy them.

I think Cyrus said something similar in the games.
Yep.

"...The shadowy Pokémon isn't here. It abandoned me here, then disappeared somewhere farther down... Was it content to merely interfere with my plan...? Incidentally, do you understand the concept of genes?"
Either way: Genes can be considered the blueprints of all life-forms. That includes humans and Pokémon alike. Genes are contained in a DNA strand. A DNA strand consists of 2 chains of opposing characteristics in a spiral. If one of the chains were to be broken, the other could replicate it. One or the other cannot exist without its opposite."
"Do you understand where I am going with this? This is a bizarre world. Time doesn't flow. Space isn't stable. Only that shadowy Pokémon lives here. This world is the opposite of our world-- our world I wish to change. It is like the two chains composing the strand of DNA. The two worlds must be balancing each other to remain in existence. Without one, the other cannot exist. The shadowy Pokémon must play a role in keeping the worlds in balance."

Yep.

"...The shadowy Pokémon isn't here. It abandoned me here, then disappeared somewhere farther down... Was it content to merely interfere with my plan...? Incidentally, do you understand the concept of genes?"
Either way: Genes can be considered the blueprints of all life-forms. That includes humans and Pokémon alike. Genes are contained in a DNA strand. A DNA strand consists of 2 chains of opposing characteristics in a spiral. If one of the chains were to be broken, the other could replicate it. One or the other cannot exist without its opposite."
"Do you understand where I am going with this? This is a bizarre world. Time doesn't flow. Space isn't stable. Only that shadowy Pokémon lives here. This world is the opposite of our world-- our world I wish to change. It is like the two chains composing the strand of DNA. The two worlds must be balancing each other to remain in existence. Without one, the other cannot exist. The shadowy Pokémon must play a role in keeping the worlds in balance."
I mean, is linked in Giratina's profile.

Yeah, but I think the part where it is said that the Distortion World and the "real world" can replicate and repair each other is at least significant.

Yeah, but I think the part where it is said that the Distortion World and the "real world" can replicate and repair each other is at least significant.
^This. It seems extremely similar to whats said in the movie here, so that should be some good supporting evidence.

Also, someone brought up a point to me that Giratina getting power nullification from this would explain why he has it in the TCG too.

I ain't fully sure. Maybe I'm missing sth.
Immortality is when a character doesn't die because of x reason but this only affects the balance of time and space and not the pokemon, or do we equate palkia and dialga to space and time and thus they get immo 8?

I ain't fully sure. Maybe I'm missing sth.
Immortality is when a character doesn't die because of x reason but this only affects the balance of time and space and not the pokemon, or do we equate palkia and dialga to space and time and thus they get immo 8?
The latter, since they are time and space in their true forms. The avatars wouldn't be getting this, their true forms would.

Does arceus embodies the distortion world as well? Because giratina?

Then wouldn't his be even better since both worlds balance each other or something?

Does arceus embodies the distortion world as well? Because giratina?

Then wouldn't his be even better since both worlds balance each other or something?
Yeah. Arceus created the DW and its part of him afterall since Giratina is a part of Arceus and Giratinas true form is the DW.

Well does the old world balance out the distortion world as well? The wiki quote says one needs the other and they balance out.

I heavily doubt this applies to True Arceus. Dialga/Palkia and Giratina are reliant on each other and are different beings, and both are mere part of Arceus being. How is Arceus reliant on a mere part of itself?

Not really, there is no need to be a relevant part of it, if one place fixes the other automatically, then it happens regardless of it being embodied.

If my body is 50% good and 50% evil, and each fixes the damage or lack of the other, i'm still be getting said ability because they are fixing my body.

Arceus should get this because he embodies both the old and distortion world, if you damage him, the distortion world would simply fix it.

Btw, we are we on Giratina (and Arceus ofc) getting power null from this? Since even attacks fall under the DW repairing imbalances to protect the balance of time and space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back