• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Addition: Creative Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we disregard Word of God if it "heavily contradicts, rather than complements, reliable in-story statements or feats", not our case at all.
But how is it useful? Do we know what it means by "skeptical"?
I'd want to see where he originally said this before trying to use it as evidence.

We all were.

Bambu, how can you put you own personal interpretation (Creative = godmode = cheat) over an actual officially published book?

And we disregard Word of God if it "heavily contradicts, rather than complements, reliable in-story statements or feats", not our case at all.
I mean "heavily contradicts, rather than complements, reliable in-story statements or feats" applies heavily to this. Steve suddenly being able to fly/mobs not attacking him/being immune to the void/damage in general heavily contradicts reliable feats from survival but thats just me.

I mean "heavily contradicts, rather than complements, reliable in-story statements or feats" applies heavily to this. Steve suddenly being able to fly/mobs not attacking him/being immune to the void/damage in general heavily contradicts reliable feats from survival but thats just me.
But at the time Survival didn't even exist, so why would you base the contradiction on Survival and not Creative?

But at the time Survival didn't even exist, so why would you base the contradiction on Survival and not Creative?
It not existing at the time is irrelevant to the current discussion as they both exist at the moment and the current profile is based off survival pretty clearly (if the current profile/statistics/abilities where based off creative you may have a point) There is literally nothing to suggest any of the things you wish to add aren't just settings of the world and not feats of Steve/abilities he has himself.

It not existing at the time is irrelevant to the current discussion as they both exist at the moment and the current profile is based off survival pretty clearly. There is literally nothing to suggest any of the things you wish to add aren't just settings of the world and not feats of Steve/abilities he has himself.
I don't think what our current profile lists is relevant either. Our goal is to be accurate, not necessarily to keep things the same.

Except in-story feats applies to Creative as well.

There was no void or mobs back when creative first came out as well. I dont see why what came first is relevant. The reason this is being rejected is because of "heavily contradicts, rather than complements, reliable in-story statements or feats" Creative mode abilities clearly contradict the current stats/hax of our current minecraft profiles.

Creative mode abilities clearly contradict the current stats/hax of our current minecraft profiles.
I don't know why you repeated this, it's literally a non-argument.
"We can't apply this change because it would change the profile."
???

Except in-story feats applies to Creative as well.
I would heavily disagree with this but sure. I'm dipping because this is turning into a cyclical argument of 'I think X is valid' and everyone else saying 'this doesn't work in the context of the wiki and has no basis to be applied'

We all were.

Bambu, how can you put you own personal interpretation (Creative = godmode = cheat) over an actual officially published book?

I think you're adding in a little extra something at the end of my interpretation link there, lad, though that may be because I compared it to cheatmodes of other games (which is a valid comparison, imo). Creative mode is a godmode, which I would not advocate applying to any game. I fail to see how an officially published book telling you how to have fun with said godmode is a counterargument.

Like I said, what word of god are you expecting to destroy my argument with facts and logic? The fact that Creative mode was going to be made first lol?

I think you're adding in a little extra something at the end of my interpretation link there, lad, though that may be because I compared it to cheatmodes of other games (which is a valid comparison, imo). Creative mode is a godmode, which I would not advocate applying to any game. I fail to see how an officially published book telling you how to have fun with said godmode is a counterargument.

Like I said, what word of god are you expecting to destroy my argument with facts and logic? The fact that Creative mode was going to be made first lol?
No, the fact that it is clearly stated as one of "canonical" ways to play. Your godmode argument means nothing, if it is still an official part of the game.

The books says clearly "There are several different game modes to choose from, offering various degrees of difficulty". That's all. This is still one of the ways of playing the game, one of the official ones, if you want. On par with survival.

Question, if survival didn't exist... What would we use?

No, the fact that it is clearly stated as one of "canonical" ways to play. Your godmode argument means nothing, if it is still an official part of the game.

The books says clearly "There are several different game modes to choose from, offering various degrees of difficulty". That's all. This is still one of the ways of playing the game, one of the official ones, if you want. On par with survival.
Then, again, Spectator Mode. That's the point of that. Yeah, I'm not sitting here claiming Creative is an illegitimate way to play. You must have literally not read my points if you think that's the case lol. The godmode argument isn't reliant on the notion that Creative mode is the "wrong" way to play. Godmodes are always official parts of the game. That doesn't change the fact that it is a godmode.

Cool, don't care though.

Question, if survival didn't exist... What would we use?
I'm gonna be real with you, if survival didn't exist (not that this is relevant to the argument), I strongly doubt we'd even have enough to base the character on. Do you honestly think they'd slap mobs and shit in just so you never have to deal with them?

I'm gonna be real with you, if survival didn't exist (not that this is relevant to the argument), I strongly doubt we'd even have enough to base the character on. Do you honestly think they'd slap mobs and shit in just so you never have to deal with them?
Yes... Because you become kinda like a creator in Minecraft, you create things.... Creating mobs and creating buildings is both cool and kinda the same thing.

Then, again, Spectator Mode. That's the point of that. Yeah, I'm not sitting here claiming Creative is an illegitimate way to play. You must have literally not read my points if you think that's the case lol. The godmode argument isn't reliant on the notion that Creative mode is the "wrong" way to play. Godmodes are always official parts of the game. That doesn't change the fact that it is a godmode.
Spectator Mode is not confirmed by developers to be one of the intended ways to play. But fine, you can make a separate tab for Hardcore Steve, who'll upon dieing will go into Spectator. Happy?

Then this is even more ridiculous. Then lets remove super sonic. He's invincible, he's using godmode.
Let's put it this way then. Regardless if it is a godmode, or not, it is still an inseparable part of the game. Confirmed by every source to be "canon" to the story since the story is only how you play. Part that we need to reflect in profile.

Yeah I was about to say, may as well remove anyone who has invulnerability on the wiki with those arguments for being under "godmode"

For the record, invulnerability seems to have been added far too liberally to characters in this wiki, given that it turns pointless if all it means is "superhuman durability", rather than "absolutely indestructible against anything in the setting".

Anyway, since this thread has been rejected, we should probably close it.

The counter arguments have been hilariously sad and I’m getting 2nd hand embarrassment and just reading them. Sorry but I have to ask, when did the logic train go so horribly fundamentally wrong as to say that a game mode is less canon than another mode in a game that has no actual canon. To say that a difference only present in the form of game mechanics is invalid, when the current profile is 100% based on game mechanics and 0% “story” or “canon”. This is absolutely ridiculous

Spectator Mode is not confirmed by developers to be one of the intended ways to play. But fine, you can make a separate tab for Hardcore Steve, who'll upon dieing will go into Spectator. Happy?

Then this is even more ridiculous. Then lets remove super sonic. He's invincible, he's using godmode.
Let's put it this way then. Regardless if it is a godmode, or not, it is still an inseparable part of the game. Confirmed by every source to be "canon" to the story since the story is only how you play. Part that we need to reflect in profile.
Except I don't care what the developers think. I don't even want that on the profile. Again, you seem to genuinely not understand the point- I bring those up to display how silly Creative Mode is. Given the excessive disagreement with Spectator Mode, I think people are cherry picking allowing Creative despite the two functionally having the same qualifiers to be on a profile.

I don't know or care about Super Sonic. I'd be cool with nyxing him on the basis that Sonic games are bad, though.

Godmodes are always inseparable, though. Like this isn't even an argument, claiming that since something is part of the game means we have to index it 100% of the time brings up a mountain of, frankly, really ridiculous profile add-ons.

The counter arguments have been hilariously sad and I’m getting 2nd hand embarrassment and just reading them. Sorry but I have to ask, when did the logic train go so horribly fundamentally wrong as to say that a game mode is less canon than another mode in a game that has no actual canon. To say that a difference only present in the form of game mechanics is invalid, when the current profile is 100% based on game mechanics and 0% “story” or “canon”. This is absolutely ridiculous
I agree, they are ridiculous. Per Ant's wishes, I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back