• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
So i've been thinking about proposing this for a while now but have had a few other things to deal with that took priority but here it is.

So a few weeks ago in this thread I proposed the new ability called construction, or simply building.

I believe this should be a power on the wiki since many characters who are capable or even specifically noted to be capable of building in very small amounts of time lack this ability. And it's at the point that characters who's main ability is building quickly such as The Player (Minecraft) simply don't have the ability listed at all, another problem with the power not existing is that characters are getting given powers that they simply don't have. one of which i've noticed is The Player (Fortnite: Battle Royale) who somehow got Matter Manipulation due to being able to build walls, etc.

The power would simply be described as something like "The ability to build structures in a short amount of time." or just to build structures at all. But I feel that perhaps if the building takes a long time (Maybe an hour or so to build the structures) then a note should be added to the profile stating this, or it could come under preparation instead of this ability.

The amount of characters this power would apply to is huge, as many games have some form of building, some characters off the top of my head that this power would apply to would be: The Player (Minecraft), The Player (Fortnite), prettty much all of Lego, The Survivor (Ark Survival), The Survivor (7 Days to die), amongst others.

I'd also like to add that this ability could also cover building turrets, weapon towers, and vehicles, while these forms would not be as prominent, they would still likely come under this category.

To be honest i'm not sure why the power doesn't already exist, but with the increasing amount of characters on the wiki, more profiles are lacking it so I thought i'd mention it. I'm currently working on a blog that will show the basic premise of the power.

Does The Player from Fortnite really build those structures with their hands? I thought the matter manip was because they manipulated matter into forming those structures, rather than physically walking over and building quickly.

I don't believe this is the case, it likely doesn't show the player physically building due to the game being fast paced and having your player stop to build every time they placed a structure wouldn't work with the game. The player holds a blueprint and pencil while building which would indicate that they are building the structures themselves.

I agree this could be a power, but there may be some instances where proper details may be needed. Not entirely sure I agree with Fortnite's building being manual and not a superpower, but we don't really know.

Honestly I believe that even if it is some form of matter manipulation, then construction could be added to the page anyway as this is literally the only way that the player uses the ability, and is incapable of using it in any other way from what we see.

As with the details that may be required, the blog goes over it, i'll get that posted as soon as I can and link it here when it's up.

It seems an appropriate ability. A lot of characters are able to create constructs of every type of material to support themselves in combat.

As I said on another thread, I'm fine with an ability like this existing

Intelligence and speed would likely contribute to the ability itself as you say as more intelligent characters would be capable of creating more complex structures, I might add a note on this to the blog if more people think it necessary. You can input there too if you wish.

yeah, but you should also put a note that intel and speed can mimic the ability and it is necessary to see if it is a actual ability or just skill.

Nope. There was another thread made for this in which most people seemed to disagree with the ability unfortunately.

Back