• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Key dividers and tier inaccuracies

Also, we soon have to start a continuation thread.

Only about 1/6th of the blocks drop for the Wither's explosion, which would seem to indicate that 1/6th of the blocks were v. fragmented while the 5/6th was destroyed beyond that.

Though the Ender Dragon's feat is higher the Wither's feat is a bit more straightforward, so I'd rather wait for more input on those.

Mr. Bambu said:
8-B is based on more accurately calcing the Ender Dragon's feat- that is to say, considering it Pulverization and not Vaporization (which would be 7-C).
There's also the fact that the Ender Dragon does this to iron, stone, gold, and every other material in the game, leaving behind nothing at all. Meanwhile, Minecraft does have pulverization and fragmentation mechanics. The Wither, for example, doesn't deviate from these mechanics, and leaves material behind.

The materials they do it to is immaterial, the game dictates that it can destroy these and your "debunk" merely shows that collision was an issue and ergo they chose to portray it weirdly. Oh well.

I've brought this up in the recalc blog but I feel like it's important to bring up here, the ender dragon feat isn't correct because it uses the wrong hitbox, it uses the hitbox the dragon uses to push entities away, but the dragon uses other hitboxes for block destruction (here they are), because of this the number of blocks being destroyed was much higher than it actually is, I calced the correct hitboxes and got a High 8-C result.

Saikou stated himself that he couldn't place blocks in the 1792 m3 the dragon's hitbox covered.

So I'm not completely sure there.

I said this just now in your blog so I'll just copy paste it here.

Well... I found a way to do it ;). I could place blocks in the white hitbox. But the game blocked me from doing it in the green ones, except the wings and the tail (you can see i placed blue wool on those) so yeah, the dragon destroys blocks in those hitboxes so this one's not valid.

Two hitboxes that actually destroy stuff, 3 x 3 x 3 and 5 x 6 x 3 so 117 blocks, 117000000 x 214 = 25038000000 joules or 5.98 tons.

So which of the calculations should we use to scale from here?

I calced the glass a while back, it just seems inconsistent with other pulverzation values of other blocks. Not to mention aside from exposions their are large building to building level feats already in the game like frost walker boots. It just seems more consistent overall.

We should try to proceed with these revisions please.

At least High 8-C, possibly 8-B works, with High 8-C scaling to new Ender Dragon destruction feat + Wither explosion, 8-B is if we take glass as legitimate pulverization since glass is a weird point of contention for Minecraft.

So by the power vested in me, I go with that rating.

Okay. That should probably be fine to apply then.

I notice the Ravager only has a High 8-C key. It is important to note this is "At least High 8-C, possibly 8-B" and at least on one profile (if we only do one, do it to Steve) link to the relevant calcs posted above.

Easy fix regardless.

So are some experienced members willing to handle this?

Yes, both High 8-C and 8-B need to be in a blog. I can put through the changes if nobody else is capable/willing once that is done.

Okay. I can put through the revisions, replacing all 7-C values with At least High 8-C, possibly 8-B.

@Mr. Bambu

Feel free to apply the agreed changes.

I've done so to the profiles I know about. Frankly I would rather not do so for the Story mode profiles since I never played and can't really explain anything if the need arises.

Okay. Thanks. Is somebody else willing to help him with the story mode profiles?

I know this thread is old, but this just came to me. Glass has a lower blast resistance value vs stone. We need to recalc the withers blast feat as he will now blow up more blocks. I already calces the creeper glass pulverzation in a previous calc, and it came out to 35 tons of tnt. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3464264?useskin=oasis#4 I might do the wither calc Tommrow shouldn't be to hard.

Mr. Bambu said:
I've done so to the profiles I know about. Frankly I would rather not do so for the Story mode profiles since I never played and can't really explain anything if the need arises.
The other Minecraft profiles also preferably need to be updated by somebody for the sake of consistency.

Yeah if someone who actually knows about Minecraft Story Mode could swap out tiers where needed that'd be much appreciated.

Back