• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok , souls in naruto could be invisible due to that example , but then the fact that hidan couldn't see asuma soul mean that the soul choose to be seen or not and to whom is it seen . the alive shinobi have no buisness actually seeing souls .

so no , shinobi can't see soul , the soul choose to be seen or not and to whom it is seen . outside of jutsu that is , jutsu that manipulate souls seems to make it visible for everyone.

You did not disprove anything about chakra having nothing to do with spiritual energy, you left out information ((blindly leaving in info that contradicted your false claim anyways)) to make it seem it was something lesser.

https://gyazo.com/67a114f0542b5151cf2153bcd3eaedda

In your own source, its stated 1)

"Chakra is created when two other forms of energy, known collectively as one's "stamina", are moulded together." the two forms of energy are PHYSICAL and SPIRITUAL energy.

And yes, as Spiritual Energy in Naruto is defined as "Spiritual energy (þ▓¥þÑ×Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝, seishin enerug─½, English TV: Mental Energy) is derived from the mind's consciousness and can be increased through studying, meditation, and experience."

The difference in how both are described is that in the Bleachverse spiritual energy is tapped into and used to heighten abilities, and not from physical training alone ((perhaps because there is a cap on physical training))

Bleach's definition of spiritual energy: "Reiryoku (Ú£èÕèø, Spiritual Power) is a power aligned with the spiritual sensitivity and willpower of the user. It is used by Shinigami and other spiritual beings to provide power for their various abilities."

Cont: "most spiritual beings and some of Ichigo's spiritually-aware Human friends are capable of performing many superhuman feats with the help of their Reiryoku. These feats usually require a certain level of concentration, and they tend to tire the person after some time, or after performing some of them in quick succession.[22][23] It is also known, that after excessive usage of Reiryoku, Shinigami need food to replenish their strength, while on the other hand, the regular souls that dwell in Soul Society that do not use their Reiryoku do not need to eat.[24][25]"

https://gyazo.com/d73713214d03c4e0fa7ad8f2af243f1d

Reishi, the thing that souls in Bleach are composed of and all spiritual matter does nothing for Bleach going to other verses. Reishi's correlation to Reiryoku and Reiatsu is that it just simply is the building matter for the tangibility/visibility of the other two. Reiryoku is still described as a spiritual energy that is based on ones will power, and the more you train it the stronger you become-- periodt.

Reiatsu would be using Reiryoku to exert a "spiritual force" which is just a fancy way of saying physical, AS IT STATES ITSELF: " Reiatsu (Ú£èÕ£º, Spiritual Pressure) is the physical force/pressure that a person's Reiryoku creates when released. Most Shinigami, Arrancar, Quincy and Bountscan manipulate the release of their Reiatsu."

There is no loop around this-- if Bleach is in another verse Reiatsu crushing is not going to be a thing for as I said: characters that match or exceed the energy of said Bleach character. By Bleach's own lore and logic you can't twist words and try to give it special exclusivity to other verses.

If you are to try and go against Bleach's own wording please refer to the accurate source material and provide all standpoints.

so you blatantly ignore that naruto is mental energy and bleach is soul energy , got it.

reiatsu affect the SOUL because everything in bleach is a battle of the soul. , if you don't have soul manip resistance you will be affected wheter you are a 3-A or a 10-C , that is how hax work. Eveyone in bleach have soul manip resistance in top of their energy , that is how a 10-A can resist a casual reiatsu and soul rip from a 7-A despite having a diffirence in power of more than hundreds of million of times.

Ignored the definition of Reiatsu and Reiryoku-- putting "soul" in front of something doesn't make it something else. If I am wrong about what Reiatsu is and I am somehow misuing official information than your misunderstanding please state so. I explained thoroughly that Reiryoku, being spiritual energy is from the mind & willpower as backed up by its own definition.

EDIT: Can a mod just close this thread for derailing, we can't come to a conclusion of facts vs opinion here and we're far off from the original point of the thread.

nothing in what you linked/said gave any proof that bleach energy is linked to the mental like naruto is.

reiryoku needing concentration and will power to be used by humans without any mastery of the energy is by no mean a proof. any energy need that to be unleashed as you still need to think to exert it.

naruto characthers in great majority have absolutly no defense against soul manip. those that do have it like orochimaru and naruto for example scale very low against the soul manip found in bleach and even tho it should prevent them from dying from passive reiatsu , they would still be affected greatly from it.

i already debunked you with the actual meaning of spiritual in both verse naruto=mental , bleach =soul , no other argument need to be stated.

i agree , let's close this as it is going nowhere

so i have spoken with a moderator(Elizhaa) and ask her/his opinion about bleach vs naruto matches and the whole verse equal and chakra vs reiatsu , the responses is on her wall and a thread called "small ichigo addition" but here are they :

"If the power system are entirely different then they should not be equalized, in my opinions. Chakra from Naruto is like just Chi Manipulation which entirely different from reiryoku/reiatsu's power which can grant Aura (Spiritual pressure can passively induce ailments ranging from paralysis to disintegration, Spiritual Awareness (Can see invisible spirits and objects), Extrasensory Perception (Can sense beings with Reiatsu, Resistance to Soul Manipulation in the verse.

Verse Equalized should not give the other characters extra abilties that they normally don't have on their profiles like soul manip resistance/non physical interaction."

"What? If there were unable to Target souls inside their body then they would just have Non-Physical Interaction. Standard Soul Manipulation was already accepted from a CRT."

"@Naeblis495, reiatsu required soul manipulation, and other other resistances to resist."

i believe that should close the debate

Reiatsu = spiritual energy

Chakra = Physical energy and spiritual energy

Verse Equalized will mean that spiritual energy in bleach = spiritual energy in naruto

Saying anything else is dumbfuck

KarsSama said:

Verse Equalized will mean that spiritual energy in bleach = spiritual energy in naruto

i'll copy paste the description of chakra once again as there are still people that ignore a very crucial fact that is being bolded below :

"Chakra is created when two other forms of energy, known collectively as one's "stamina", are moulded together. Physical energy (Þ║½õ¢ôÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝, shintai enerug─½) is collected from each and every one of the body's cells and can be increased through training, stimulants, and exercise. Spiritual energy (þ▓¥þÑ×Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝, seishin enerug─½, English TV: Mental Energy) is derived from the mind's consciousness and can be increased through studying, meditation, and experience"

as you can see , seishin energy even though it is refered as spiritual come in fact from the MENTAL/MIND and not the SOUL .

I literally went into source definition that Reiryoku in Bleach, is indeed off of WILL POWER:

As stated here

"Bleach's definition of spiritual energy: "Reiryoku (Ú£èÕèø, Spiritual Power) is a power aligned with the spiritual sensitivity and willpower of the user. It is used by Shinigami and other spiritual beings to provide power for their various abilities."

This means no matter how you put it, mentally in Bleach the stronger will power you have, the more likely you are to unlock super human abilities and more. Its like the cliche in fiction where "Using more of your brain can unlock etc."

This is by DEFINITION a mental state-- and yes that allows Bleach characters to eventually have some trickery with their souls as I stated before:

"Cont: "most spiritual beings and some of Ichigo's spiritually-aware Human friends are capable of performing many superhuman feats with the help of their Reiryoku. These feats usually require a certain level of concentration, and they tend to tire the person after some time, or after performing some of them in quick succession.[22][23] It is also known, that after excessive usage of Reiryoku, Shinigami need food to replenish their strength, while on the other hand, the regular souls that dwell in Soul Society that do not use their Reiryoku do not need to eat.[24][25]"

https://gyazo.com/d73713214d03c4e0fa7ad8f2af243f1d

Reishi, the thing that souls in Bleach are composed of and all spiritual matter does nothing for Bleach going to other verses. Reishi's correlation to Reiryoku and Reiatsu is that it just simply is the building matter for the tangibility/visibility of the other two. Reiryoku is still described as a spiritual energy that is based on ones will power, and the more you train it the stronger you become-- periodt. "

This can't be twisted in any other way-- is there a denial of fact stated by Bleach's own material? There has to be a counter to this based off fact because there's only a few outcomes:

1) Bleach's information from its own source is contradicting with feats in the series

2) You're using head canon to ignore source definition

3) The Bleach wiki's sources are made up and not from source material ((Which it is not, as they cite where they have their information from)) :https://bleach.fandom.com/wiki/Reiryoku#cite_note-C59-0

4) There is misconception within the Bleach community of what Reiryoku, Reiatsu and Reishi come to when it comes to VsBattles in other verses

I've laid proof of the connections but I'd like input from other people-- and if there is something wrong I'm failing to realize please point it out.

Whether spiritual chakra is soul based or mind based is irrelevant.

Either way, Chakra has never been shown to grant resistance to soul manipulation which is what the effects of Reiatsu are

There should probably be an expansion on verse equalization's explanation pointing out that the unique properties of one verse's energy does not get shared during vs battle debates.

Equalizing Nen(HxH) will not provide the ability to form contracts with their energy,

Equalizing chakra(Naruto) will not allow characters to freely stick to surfaces.

Equalizing Prana(Nasuverse) is not going to share Prana's natural magic resistance

Equalizing Reiryoku/Reiatsu is not going to give characters soul manipulation, or soul resistance

^^^^^ this is the main point i want to make.

also , once again , an energy needing willpower/concentration to be invoked or used isn't the same as the energy coming directly from your mind... otherwise even physical strengh is also mental in nature as i need to use my mind to move as i want ? so once again there is no proof or statement in the manga that say that reiryoku is a mental energy unlike naruto does.

also, i checked the sources theu cite for you paragraph here are they, chapter 80 and 105 :

https://www.***********.net/bleach/80

https://www.***********.net/bleach/105

please found me the quote that say mental energy or that they got stronger with will power alone please .

chakra can be argued to be a more powerful source of energy seeing as how its a combination of both physical and spiritual energy also the word chakra within naruto is often used in context to be interchangeable with life force or energy as we know within the verse there are different types of chakars/ energies not all the same such as sage/nature , bijuu, internal chakra passed down from the 6th paths unlike bleaches power system chakra is an overall amp speed, durability , attack potency , threat perception and even hax a good example of this is when kcm2 naruto shared a portion of his chakra to the entire alliance increasing there overall abilities kakashi giving a testimony on a previous amp in which naruto gave him which wasn't as powerful as the one given to the alliance to be considered a 3x time increase all around he mentions his kamui which hax it even strengthens mind transfer technique not to mention chakra and the soul are connected rather intertwined to strengthen your chakra would be to strengthen your soul giving astral defenses that shouldn't be compromised in this match up all in all the position that you all chose to hold over this discussion is really odd iv seen really bad arguments on both sides

Sasukesolos said:
Naeblis495 said:
oof , that's a post that ignore all evidences presented if i ever saw one .
i believe this is what you've all been doing
sorry but no . i proven multiple times already that chakra have nothing to do with the soul . even going with the actual terms used in japanese.

by scrolling a bit above and looking at post #129, you'll see that i have a content moderator that is knowledgable in both verse that say that chakra and reiryoku/reiatsu are compeltly different power system , that reiatsu directly target the soul and that you need soul manip resistance to resist it and that verse equal does not give abilities/resistance that the characther doesn't already posses on their own .

translation : characthers that don't have soul manipulation resistance and require a soul to survive are doomed against bleach characthers

the strengh of the energy isn't even the point , the point is that reiryoku/reiatsu can directly target the soul and that you need soul manipulation resistance to resist the attacks. That is it .

Naeblis495 said:
KarsSama said:

i'll copy paste the description of chakra once again as there are still people that ignore a very crucial fact that is being bolded below :
"Chakra is created when two other forms of energy, known collectively as one's "stamina", are moulded together. Physical energy (Þ║½õ¢ôÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝, shintai enerug─½) is collected from each and every one of the body's cells and can be increased through training, stimulants, and exercise. Spiritual energy (þ▓¥þÑ×Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝, seishin enerug─½, English TV: Mental Energy) is derived from the mind's consciousness and can be increased through studying, meditation, and experience"

as you can see , seishin energy even though it is refered as spiritual come in fact from the MENTAL/MIND and not the SOUL .
why do feel as if this is a valid point at all what differentiates the mind/ conscious and "soul" how can you have one without the other in our physics ? how can you display empathy without the other? its been shown that chakra and the soul are connected an example would be minato just before his death sealing the fox within naruto while storing his and kushinas chakra just so they can meet nartuo 16 years later inb4 "they programmed the message through chakra before hand" another example would be gaaras mom her soul was the one protecting gaara even in the exams during part 1 another example would be obito after his body was completely destroyed he traveled from the ((afterlife)) to give kakashi chakra need i say more?

AnonymousBlank said:
Tfw someone tries to argue more chakra amping people makes it better than reiryoku
Facepalm2
yhwach can ressurect people casually , i guess that make reishi/reiryoku better than chakra ? /s

smh

@Sasuke

Are you legitimately arguing that their is no difference between a mind and a soul when the wiki makes a distinction between them. Bleach itself differentiates between the two.

@Naeblis

Lets not feed the notion even if its a joke om your part.

Sasukesolos said:
stuff
Naeblis495 said:
why do feel as if this is a valid point at all what differentiates the mind/ conscious and "soul" how can you have one without the other in our physics ? how can you display empathy without the other? its been shown that chakra and the soul are connected an example would be minato just before his death sealing the fox within naruto while storing his and kushinas chakra just so they can meet nartuo 16 years later inb4 "they programmed the message through chakra before hand" another example would be gaaras mom her soul was the one protecting gaara even in the exams during part 1 another example would be obito after his body was completely destroyed he traveled from the ((afterlife)) to give kakashi chakra need i say more?
because mind,body and soul are completly differents things to start off .

no to say that there is no soul stuff in naruto (kakashi seeing his father while near death/dead for example) and that souls can't act ( asuma ghost) but it is unrelated to the nature of chakra .

AnonymousBlank said:
@Sasuke
Are you legitimately arguing that their is no difference between a mind and a soul when the wiki makes a distinction between them. Bleach itself differentiates between the two.

@Naeblis

Lets not feed the notion even if its a joke om your part.
your are right sorry .

Naeblis495 said:
Sasukesolos said:
stuff
Naeblis495 said:
because mind,body and soul are completly differents things to start off .
no to say that there is no soul stuff in naruto (kakashi seeing his father while near death/dead for example) and that souls can't act ( asuma ghost) but it is unrelated to the nature of chakra .

read my last comment carefully also this doesn't refute my point at all i asked you in our physics what separates the mind , consciousness and the meaning of soul as well as to have or show empathy

yhwach can ressurect people casually , i guess that make reishi/reiryoku better than chakra ? /s

smh

yo nice straw-man my post was centered around chakar being able to amp ones overall stats oppose to reiryoku spiritual energy in bleach if you have a higher spiritual power/energy that doesn't prove your the most durable , fastest ect

....... our physics means jack in regards to the mechanics and cosmology of a fictional verse when it is contradicted. Souls and the mind are different in Bleach, they are different irl, they are almost unanimously different across fiction but you want to say they are the same ..... why?

AnonymousBlank said:
....... our physics means jack in regards to the mechanics and cosmology of a fictional verse when it is contradicted. Souls and the mind are different in Bleach, they are different irl, they are almost unanimously different across fiction but you want to say they are the same ..... why?
never implied same meaning equal im asking you both to explain how its not related in the context that was pulled from the wiki right now my position is within naruto chakara is related to the soul to strengthen one would be to strengthen the other

Sasukesolos said:
yo nice straw-man my post was centered around chakar being able to amp ones overall stats oppose to reiryoku spiritual energy in bleach if you have a higher spiritual power/energy that doesn't prove your the most durable , fastest ect
if you have more reiryoku/reiatsu it does typically mean you have more defense and offense in bleach unless your control over it is complelty shit or that other techniques are involved like hierro/blut vene wich boost defense and blut artery wich boost offense . But it is true that it doesn't really affect speed on it's own as it is more linked to your mastery level in shunpo/sonido/hiirenkyaku.

and once again , you have compeltly missed the point . minato could be millions or billions of time stronger,thougher and faster than a bleach characther , if the bleach characther have soul manipulation and that minato doesn't have soul manipulation resistance ,he loose by default as reiatsu will crush his soul passively .

in the very start of the series we have seen characters fight against astral attacks soul manipulation to charterers playing tug of war with souls this isn't anything new to hold this position is honestly an argument from ignorance at its best would grimmjow be able to even perceive minato

how would he land a fatal blow on minato giving his combat intelligence analytical abilities, threat perception minato is combat tactician grimmojow is a beat stick who swings his claws like jason voorhess

why do feel as if this is a valid point at all what differentiates the mind/ conscious and "soul" how can you have one without the other in our physics

Are you sure about that? Lets not be disingenuous here. You made the claim when nothing says they are and are even nigh universally accepted as separate things bar a few schools of thought. Onus is on you to actually prove that they are the same. Why on earth would I have to prove why minds and souls are different for Naruto when you havent even proved your positive claim.

Also can you please use punctuation? I am legitimately having a hard time differentiating your sentences so sorry if I misunderstand you.

Sasukesolos said:
in the very start of the series we have seen characters fight against astral attacks soul manipulation to charterers playing tug of war with souls this isn't anything new to hold this position is honestly an argument from ignorance at its best would grimmjow be able to even perceive minato
how would he land a fatal blow on minato giving his combat intelligence analytical abilities, threat perception minato is combat tactician grimmojow is a beat stick who swings his claws like jason voorhess
the characthers that did the soul thug of war already have soul manip resistances, like naruto ; the others have no feat.

their resistance is also super weak as they have to constantly directly defend their souls from being ripped out by gripping it and require all their focus wich pretty much lock them in place unable to do anything else .

A far weaker bleach characther( tatsuki 10-A) resisted passively a soul rip far stronger than naruto verse ever showcased( casually ripped hundreds of souls from breathing hard),from a being hundreds of millions if not billions of times stronger than her(Yammy 7-A) and her soul didn't even came out a little bit.

tatsuki have a better soul resistance feat than naruto , let that sink in .

the characters with said tug of war feat scale massively below minato simple power scaling logic that attack wouldn't affect minato

to say bleach has shown better resistance against astral attacks then naruto is odd considering souls dont get completely erased they simply move to a new location aside from quincey using spells on hollows which disrupts the balance of souls lol

please admit that the more spiritual energy you have doesn't make you the fastest or the most durable that is dependent on the individual meaning spiritual energy isn't an overall stat increase so if you were to gain it or release the full force of your spiritual energy such as bankai ect it wont boast all your stats secondly we have seen beings in bleach who are not superhuman resist soul crush or better yet an intentional soul manipulation ability yammy literally yanking the souls of a small populace but being unable to yank the soul of ichigos classmate tatsuki who again isn't super human shes just spiritually aware to say grimmjow can soul crush or suppress minato who scales above him and tatsuki considering even within bleach they cant soul crush or yank the souls intentionally from beings they themselves scale above in power is simply an argument from ignorance

How would Grimmjow .... perceive Minato???

NANI

Oh this outta be a good read.

Also Grimm isn't a beatstick, when he can take on an Ichigo more skilled than the one who drew with Kenny, Kenny being someone who actively sought out fights for centuries if not millennia, could match Unohana (who did the same, knows 8000 sword styles and is the best swordsman in SS) in skill during their multiple clashes and even forced her to use sneak attacks to beat him. During SS just after waking up, he takes numerous blows from Tousen that run him through before getting his senses stolen and still beats Tosen anyway. Tosen having taught Hisagi how to fight and even dodge attacks from beings casually far faster and stronger than he is. Grimm completely dominated Ichigo in their first fight and even when they had similar stats, he still dictated the fight.

not only ignorance but a logical fallacy , no limitations fallacy because minato doesn't have the same source of power as a bleach charterer therefore he loses ? not a good argument at all i even scaled the verse for you in which you conceded that those characters have said resistance but apparently minato doesn't? even though he has better control ,mastery & power then charters you conceded to have said resistance ? your argument is faulty bro

@Sasuke

You have to be trolling at this point?

we have seen beings in bleach who are not superhuman resist soul crush or better yet an intentional soul manipulation ability yammy literally yanking the souls of a small populace but being unable to yank the soul of ichigos classmate tatsuki who again isn't super human shes just spiritually aware

You clearly have no idea how resistance works.

because minato doesn't have the same source of power as a bleach charterer therefore he loses ?

Strawmanning ... oh goody. No one has ever stated that on this thread. The argument being made is that Minato doesn't resist soul manipulation because, if you actually understand how hax and resistances work, he has no feat for it or to even scale to, let alone one anywhere near Bleach fodder.

to say bleach has shown better resistance against astral attacks then naruto is odd considering souls dont get completely erased they simply move to a new location aside from quincey using spells on hollows which disrupts the balance of souls lol

I could steel man your ridiculous argument and Minato would still get soul crushed dude. Also yes, Bleach does have better soul manip resistance than Naruto and until Boruto gives some insane soul resist feats, anyone who even argues otherwise is stupid.

Also, "only move to a new location"? Mind pointing out where Naruto does anything better? Soul hax in Naruto has only ever "moved souls to a new location".

Sasukesolos said:
please admit that the more spiritual energy you have doesn't make you the fastest or the most durable that is dependent on the individual meaning spiritual energy isn't an overall stat increase so if you were to gain it or release the full force of your spiritual energy such as bankai ect it wont boast all your stats
secondly we have seen beings in bleach who are not superhuman resist soul crush or better yet an intentional soul manipulation ability yammy literally yanking the souls of a small populace but being unable to yank the soul of ichigos classmate tatsuki who again isn't super human shes just spiritually aware to say grimmjow can soul crush or suppress minato who scales above him and tatsuki considering even within bleach they cant soul crush or yank the souls intentionally from beings they themselves scale above in power is simply an argument from ignorance
you are so dense it is laughable.

no soul manip resistance = death against reiatsu . moderator content confirm it.

i don't see any soul manip resistance on minato profile so he is dead , end of story.

unhappy with that ? go make a crt .

i'm down arguing on this thread , i have stated my point and presented proofs multiple times and the opposition didn't any actual arguments .

AnonymousBlank said:
How would Grimmjow .... perceive Minato???
NANI

Oh this outta be a good read.

Also Grimm isn't a beatstick, when he can take on an Ichigo more skilled than the one who drew with Kenny, Kenny being someone who actively sought out fights for centuries if not millennia, could match Unohana (who did the same, knows 8000 sword styles and is the best swordsman in SS) in skill during their multiple clashes and even forced her to use sneak attacks to beat him. During SS just after waking up, he takes numerous blows from Tousen that run him through before getting his senses stolen and still beats Tosen anyway. Tosen having taught Hisagi how to fight and even dodge attacks from beings casually far faster and stronger than he is. Grimm completely dominated Ichigo in their first fight and even when they had similar stats, he still dictated the fight.
experience doesn't mean shit in fiction especially in bleach " millennia" of experience is interleave if a charter is above you in power or speed a prime example is kid kenpachi no training at all was ******** on that same unohana ichigo is another example against his fight with byakuya 16 year old with little to no sword play ******** on a being with thousands of years experience the fact that you used kenpachi as an example is odd kenpachi has absolutely no concern for technique or skill thats been his narrative consistently

experience doesn't mean shit in fiction especially in bleach " millennia" of experience is interleave if a charter is above you in power or speed a prime example is kid kenpachi no training at all was ******** on that same unohana ichigo is another example against his fight with byakuya 16 year old with little to no sword play ******** on a being with thousands of years experience the fact that you used kenpachi as an example is odd kenpachi has absolutely no concern for technique or skill thats been his narrative consistently

also during his fight against tousen kenpachi relied on his (reflexes and instincts) had nothing to do with combat intelligence lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back