• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Michael weakness

Michael has shown a weakness in the Lucifer comic run. He was struck from behind by a lance from Sandalphon. Means that angelic weapons should also be able to harm Lucifer as he's supposed to be on the same level as Michael.

But even then, it should be included on the weakness section.

Proof:

https://imgur.com/gallery/FLD7xdS

VeryGoofyToddler said:
dude its plot convience really there isn't much that's gonna hurt him they only did that for the story
So? It still happened, so it's a valid anti-feat.

DarkHunter89 said:
VeryGoofyToddler said:
dude its plot convience really there isn't much that's gonna hurt him they only did that for the story
if u appect that then yes but there was nothing usual about the spear only it being holy and divine, but other than what the writers protray that what happened during the war and Sandelphon prime sceme for what he wanted to do other than that there was no way that spear would of work

VeryGoofyToddler said:
DarkHunter89 said:
VeryGoofyToddler said:
if u appect that then yes but there was nothing usual about the spear only it being holy and divine, but other than what the writers protray that what happened during the war and Sandelphon prime sceme for what he wanted to do other than that there was no way that spear would of work
So it should be applied to his page.

Goofy's initial analysis is correct. We can't apply feats like this one.

Sandalphon was specifically established to be much weaker than Lucifer and Michael later on in the story, but the spear he stabbed Michael with was never addressed as being special in any way, nor was Michael ever established to have a specific weakness to divine objects. This means that all possible explanations for why the spear hurt Michael are speculation. You can't just add a weakness to divine objects if you have no idea whether that was the specific thing that made it effective or not. The truth is that Michael was caught off-guard and injured by a character much weaker than himself by use of a tool that is never explained or elaborated on in any way and seems indistinguishable from a mundane one in a single panel flashback. This was done with the intent of explaining why Michael was being held captive, as established a few scenes earlier. This meets all of the wiki's criteria for PIS.

ClassicNESfan said:
Goofy's initial analysis is correct. We can't apply feats like this one.
Sandalphon was specifically established to be much weaker than Lucifer and Michael later on in the story, but the spear he stabbed Michael with was never addressed as being special in any way, nor was Michael ever established to have a specific weakness to divine objects. This means that all possible explanations for why the spear hurt Michael are speculation. You can't just add a weakness to divine objects if you have no idea whether that was the specific thing that made it effective or not. The truth is that Michael was caught off-guard and injured by a character much weaker than himself by use of a tool that is never explained or elaborated on in any way and seems indistinguishable from a mundane one in a single panel flashback. This was done with the intent of explaining why Michael was being held captive, as established a few scenes earlier. This meets all of the wiki's criteria for PIS.
Lol, okay. So everything that would make Michael have a weakness is suddenly PIS. Okay got it, even though it's a huge plot point that it harmed him. Ok then.

How about every other damn revision, I've made that gets ignored around here? Wish someone would change all the shit that is wrong with the Lucifer page for example.

There's no need to be hostile. I was just giving my honest analysis of the situation. It has nothing to do with Michael specifically, and being rude to me isn't getting you anywhere. You can believe what you like about the character. In fact, you can even make your own wiki, blog, facebook group, youtube channel, etc listing "divine weapons" as a weakness of his if you like. But we have standard practices here. We are under no obligation to change our page for you just because you want us to.

ClassicNESfan said:
There's no need to be hostile. I was just giving my honest analysis of the situation. It has nothing to do with Michael specifically, and being rude to me isn't getting you anywhere. You can believe what you like about the character. In fact, you can even make your own wiki, blog, facebook group, youtube channel, etc listing "divine weapons" as a weakness of his if you like. But we have standard practices here. We are under no obligation to change our page for you just because you want us to.
It's not about Michael really, well part of it is. It's about Lucifer, his page is filled with false information, I've made more than two revisions but nothing ever changed. It just all gets ignored.

Back