• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHS Fairy Tail

"This is credited to Iwandesu from OBD wiki."

In the latest chapter this extremely OP guy made a cannon out of thin air and shot it at the FT guild (which was 400km away). Ichiya got the hell up while damaged horribly, got his airship, and BLOCKED the attack. I'm calcing the speed of that cannon.

High End: The cannon was 400km away, or 400,000 Meters away. In high balling I'll use 5 seconds as the timeframe.

400,000/5 = 80,000 Now, 80k meters per second divided by 363 (speed of mach) is mach 233.

Mid End: Using the same method but increasing timeframe by 5 secs. It's mach 117.

Low End: Using the same method but increasing timeframe by 5 secs. It's mach 78.

High: MHS

Mid: MHS

Low High Hypersonic+

im seeing issues with said timeframes, and the lack of a err, definable timeframe at all, they were chatting about that attack coming in for pages before it hit, what makes it 5,10 or 15 seconds?

^ That and the fact that they did quite a few things before the cannon even got near them.

just as a quick glance rundown

this guy in the top left had enough time to react, determine what it is and track it long enough to understand how fast it was coming in

hearing this, mavis and company are pondering this predicament

THEN mavis is trying to communicate with another guild member to stop it

THEN this guy is Counting down how far away it is, notice the ...'s? hes counting down, very slowly

and u know the best part about that? he has to be counting down in meters, because hes counting from 700 and downwards, while it only started from 400KM, so you cannot interpret it as KM

Also, look what direction that boat is coming in from, Directly inline with the blast, it's not like he intercepted it from the side.

You should probably stop trying to wank fairy tail to new levels every chapter

Faisal, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to be rude. Either way, the calc is flawed.

so its basically just something in the middle two digit mach section? is that even an upgrade...?

LordAizenSama said:
just as a quick glance rundown

this guy in the top left had enough time to react, determine what it is and track it long enough to understand how fast it was coming in

hearing this, mavis and company are pondering this predicament

THEN mavis is trying to communicate with another guild member to stop it

THEN this guy is Counting down how far away it is, notice the ...'s? hes counting down, very slowly

and u know the best part about that? he has to be counting down in meters, because hes counting from 700 and downwards, while it only started from 400KM, so you cannot interpret it as KM

Also, look what direction that boat is coming in from, Directly inline with the blast, it's not like he intercepted it from the side.

You should probably stop trying to wank fairy tail to new levels every chapter
It was very far away, you expect the blast to be instant. Also we dont know what warrod was seeing on the sensors, could have been any form of distance coming in at 100/200 something per second, if it was 100/200 something per second the most reasonable would be KM (because everything else is mach 0.?), which would up the speed to mach 293. But I'll be generous and upgrade hypersonics+ to low high hypersonic and supersonics+ to hypersonic (with permission from an anonymous admin).

there is no way, any sane person, is going to accept what you're proposing here.

and I told you, it's impossible for that to be 700 KMs and counting down, because it started it's attack from 400.....

It definitely doesn't take less than 20 seconds for the beam to have traveled over 400KM, so at best this feat will be like mach 50ish

Ehh.. for short my opinion on this calc: There is absolutely no timeframe given and taken a timeframe out of necessarity would have to be choosen so low that it most certainly upgrades nothing.

Tbh, I'm not sure if FT characters (and characters from many other shows too) experience time the same way we do (talk at the same speed we do for example) simply because their Reaction Time, Reflexes, however you want to call it, are a whole lot faster than ours.

It's the same thing with DBZ. Where two characters are shown talking while still fighting. Or us (the viewers) being able to actually see their arms and legs when they're fighting / dodging and yet still rate even fodders like Raditz and Nappa at MHS+.

Calculating speed is nothing like calculating size or the Attack Potency of some spell / Ki blast / whatever difficulty wise. It can be very tricky and confusing sometimes imo.

raditz and nappa will probably be getting that speed upgrade soon, as for the rest of ur post i dont really get it

I mean, obviously the author doesn't draw it to scale pixels perfectly

LordAizenSama said:
raditz and nappa will probably be getting that speed upgrade soon, as for the rest of ur post i dont really get it
I mean, obviously the author doesn't draw it to scale pixels perfectly
They are already rated as MHS+ here.

Basically what I said in the rest of my post was that by having MUCH faster Reflexes, Reaction Speed, etc than humans, you experience time differently than them too. If you were as fast as Natsu for example (Hypersonic+ fast), you wouldn't experience time the same way me and everyone else here do. Because you would be MUCH faster in every possible way.

That's why I'm not sure if the timeframe in this calc (and many others too) should actually be counted in seconds, or in other words, how we perceive time.

Back