• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo's Mind Hax Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can live with telepathy not being equivalent to mind hax, sine I've been saying that for a while.

As for hype, unless it's explicitly false, it's no different from statements. Furthermore, there are no real contradictions.

Keep in mind mind hax=/= resistance, and someone can have resistance far above their mental paygrade

Necrozma not existing at the time is beyond my point. Half of the haxes Mewtwo has come from mangas that didn't exist at the time of his concept and have vastly differing interpretations of his power.

Kepekley23 said:
Necrozma not existing at the time is beyond my point. Half of the haxes Mewtwo has come from mangas that didn't exist at the time of his concept and have vastly differing interpretations of his power.
Blatantly false unless you consider soul manipulation half of his powers.

To be fair this isn't as bad as Supermans High 2A Mind resistance

Which is still on his page.

Burstchaos said:
Wait, how is this different from Homura? I agree with the upgrade since there's no contradiction.
That's the thing. It's not different from Homura. It's also not different from Clockmon. Or Martian Manhunter. Or all those people from the Masadaverse who can resist tier 1 stuff. Or CSTW Cthulhu resisting 1-A plothax.

Hell, with Matt's logic (no offense), Sephiroth is at best a planet buster, Cell is an island buster, etc. Because they have a ton of casual feats nowhere near what they're rated for.

CSTW Cthulhu is rated as 1-A for the exact same feat as High 2-A.

Cell scales from casual and consistent planet-busters, and is vastly above small star level characters, and even lampshades DBZ finally getting out of Planet-level with his arrival by saying "this time not just the Earth".

These are all false equivalences.

Kal already said it best and reiterating it 5 billion times is pointless.

His feat had no or yet ya have any contradiction. Post a contradiction and ya would automatically win this debate man. Easy as that.

This Thread is just running in circles going no where fast. One side shows feats/scaling that the other does not consider valid or 'reliable' and then asks for more feats which they consider invalid. One side says a lack of feats makes it an outlier and the other says the lack of feats to contradict means it can't be an outlier

End my suffering

Cal has said nothing. Nobody has shown any reliable feat or scaling. You just use this one feat.

Where are the others?

If you wanna win this debate, prove that Mewtwo is such a god-tier psychic.

Nobody has shown any feats at all other than this one. Asking for this thread to be closed is an attempt to keep this level of mindhax resistance in the profile, no offense.

>Person who has seen this thread and dislikes the climate asks for this to be closed.

>Gets told they are subverting the system

That has no bearing even if it was true. Regardless of who is right, we need to uphold our standard of safe and non-condescending debate regardless, so ignoring the fact this thread has gotten out of hand because something still contested is supposedly inherently part of some scheme is a incorrect course of action.

We've provided the feat over and over. Show Mewtwo having another mental resistance feat. If you can find one other Mewtwo resistance feat, you can have whatever you want. Because the definition of an outlier requires multiple points on a graph. And so far, Mewtwo just has one point, just a ridiculously high one.

Kepekley23 said:
Nobody has shown any feats at all other than this one. Asking for this thread to be closed is an attempt to keep this level of mindhax resistance in the profile.
I didnt ask for it to be closed. I just saw that this thread is making no progress at all. The fact that there are no feats to make it an outlier is part of their validation, so we both know that more feats arent going to come up but that can be argued either af or neg. Essentially we've hit a road block because both sides are using the same absense of information as proof

The real cal howard said:
We've provided the feat over and over. Show Mewtwo having another mental resistance feat. If you can find one other Mewtwo resistance feat, you can have whatever you want. Because the definition of an outlier requires multiple points on a graph. And so far, Mewtwo just has one point, just a ridiculously high one.
"show me a feat to prove this one feat isn't an outlier"

"Show the one feat and not any other"

"No, other feats"

"Shows the same"

"Show others"

"Show the same"

You are just hiding an outlier because MewTwo has no other feat that comes infinitesimally close to this one.

Kepekley23 said:
>Gets told they are subverting the system
I didn't remotely say that, and you know it, Yobo.
I mean, I don't really know how to quantify "You are trying to close this to wank pokemon" when it's technically not a wank, but a obstruction of truth, which seems to me like subversion.

So long as it doesn't contradict anything, it should be accepted. It's not like he struggled against any other mind hax. For comparison, Kirby defeating Magolor is considered an outlier not because he has defeated 4-A characters, but because he STRUGGLED against them, which is not the case here. Always from the same example, Magolor's tier 3 feat is not considered an outlier as it's his only feat, which is exactly the case here.

You missed their point matt. Its the fact that Mewtwo has no feats to make it an outlier that they are using to prove their point. Saying Mewtwo has no feats doesn't debunk their point, since it part of their case

I've said the same thing while also trying not to come across as offensive several times already, and it has worked. I don't have any reason to believe anything has changed.

Regardless, I agree with Matt's post.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You mean the other mental resistances that he's never had the opportunity to show because they don't exist? You can't have an outlier with only one point.

•a person or thing differing from all other members of a particular group or set.

Mewtwo has no group or set against his feat. So it literally cannot be an outlier by the definition of the word.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You are just hiding an outlier because MewTwo has no other feat that comes infinitesimally close to this one.
I also dislike the implication that we are hiding or attempting to lie without any eveidence. Supporting a feat does not inherently make you a liar when so many things are open to interpretation. Saying that we are hiding something or lying just because we don't agree with your interpretation is inherently fallicious.

I mean, these are the other Mewtwo feats I can find:

Literally his best psychic feat is wiping the memory of like 1,000 people at best.

So yes, resisting Tier 2 Mindhax is absolutely an outlier. It's the textbook definition. He has no feats of manipulating even a small town's worth of people, let alone a creator god.

I still fail to see how Mewtwo not having other feats prove this is an outlier, considering the fact that a feat is considered an outlier is when it contradicts other feats...

@Matt

Non-sequitur again Matt. Mind hax =/= resistnce, in the same way someones dura is not the same as their AP. Saying his offensive abilities mean that his defensive abilities are much lower than ever shown is inherently fallicious.

I'll condense this thread again

Group A: Mewtwo only has one resistence feat, therefore it is an outlier

Group B: Mewtwo only has one resistence feat, therefore it cannot be an outlier

Repeating that Mewtwo has no other feats is literally going to get is no where and debunks nothing since both sides use it as support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back