• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mew and Mewtwo AP revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't really look like a constellation, and even then, it could just be that he was teleported there.

Going back on topic I do have wanted to do a thread upgrading base Mewtwo (movies) to Multi-continental. Should I do that here or another thread?

For all the wrong reasons. Being scaled to people who are country level (which the thread would also upgrade them) and scaling from a manga version of Deoxys to a anime version of Mega Rayquaza.

The real cal howard said:
431px-MewtwoEXHolonPhantoms103
Here's Mewtwo shown being by a constellation. He had to have traveled there in a short time span, no matter what the story would be.
1. Since when do stars have lines connecting them?

2. I can take a selfie with the Moon behind me but that don't mean I flew to the Moon. Stars are in the sky, all this picture requires is for Mewtwo to be in the air and the camera to be pointed upwards.

1. They're called constellations.

2. Show me a single picture where you can get a star not called the sun that close.

431px-MewtwoEXHolonPhantoms103
Here's Mewtwo shown being by a constellation. He had to have traveled there in a short time span, no matter what the story would be.
Stock-photo-overcoming-life-difficulties-mixed-media-570897073
Here's a business man shown being by stars. He had to have traveled there in a short time span, no matter what the story would be.
Also, what kind of stars have lines connecting to eachother?

Constellations don't have literal lines between them, that's just something humans made to map them out.

They just look like random splotches to me.

@Ever. Funny enough, I can connect back to Pokemon Snap to show that they indeed do here. Plus, just by looking at the card, you can tell that it has a lot to do with stars.

@Kal

Two things tho.

A. They look nothing like stars in the first place.

B. The image has absolutely no context to how Mewtwo got there, or even why he's there in the first place. For all w know, Arceus just teleported him there to mess around.

@Ever. Funny enough, I can connect back to Pokemon Snap to show that they indeed do here. Plus, just by looking at the card, you can tell that it has a lot to do with stars.
All there is is an attack name, which is meaningless.

And again, we have absolutely zero idea how Mewtwo got there.

You ignored the fact that Mewtwo of this card is a star Pokemon... Also, I can name a handful of verses where constellations do indeed have lines between them.
I don't even know what a "star Pokémon" is.

And again, there's absolutely 0 contest as to how Mewtwo got here,

Too many strawman arguments here, along with mocking.

I'm not arguing that just because the pic shows him near constellations, that's it. I'm arguing that because it's stated that there's a story behind every artwork in the pictures of the cards, it's a reasonable assumption that he had to travel there in a short time period.

Also, terrible comparison.

@Ever. For the record, my above comment wasn't directed to you. That Mewtwo was from an expansion called Pokemon Star. There's a star next to its name. It has a star attack. It is by constellations. Said constellations are probably stars.

About context. If he teleported, great. Range upgrade. If he traveled, great. Speed upgrade. Any other assumption breaks Occam's Razor.

Yes, but we don't know the story for this one. It could literally be that Machamp grabbed Mewtwo and threw him there, or that Arceus dicked around and just transported Mewtwo there.

It's any possible scenario and thus we can't assume any speed feat from it.

"Any other assumption breaks Occam's Razor."

You can't use Occam's Razor when, again this scene has absolutely zero context. It could be any number of things, and all interpretations are equally valid.

I'm more inclined to believe that Mewtwo got over there on his own means rather than god being an ass rather than a llama.

431px-MewtwoEXHolonPhantoms103.jpg

In all seriousness cal, when I look at that background I don't picture them as stars. In fact isn't mewtwos origins based on genetics and Scientific background. Because from my perspective these look like nerve cells, and you know mewtwo being a psychic Pokémon would fit the idea kinda well.

Occam's Razor. I'm more inclined to believe that Mewtwo got over there on his own means rather than god being an ass rather than a llama.
And maybe I'm more inclined to believe my examples. You can't quite prove them because, again, there's no context whatsoever.

Occam's Razor. I'm more inclined to believe that Mewtwo got over there on his own means rather than god being an ass rather than a llama.
If you are to use Occam's razor as your argument. It be even simpler and way less speculative to assume the art is simply a cool background the artist drew for mewtwo and it makes 100% sense because almost every artist does that especially since this a playing card and they want the card to you know...LOOK COOL!

I've said the same thing several times, so I'm going to say it once last time:

There is an entire manga dedicated to saying that all card artworks have stories behind them.

"If you are to use Occam's razor as your argument. It be even simpler and way less speculative to assume the art is simply a cool background the artist drew for mewtwo and it makes 100% sense because almost every artist does that especially since this a playing card and they want the card to you know...LOOK COOL!"

Terrible comparison, every Pokémon Card is based on something that happened in-universe.

I've said the same thing several times, so I'm going to say it once last time:

There is an entire manga dedicated to saying that all card artworks have stories behind them.
And again, we don't know the story behind Mewtwo's.

Have to agree with the opposition here since literally anything can be assumed without having the actual context in-verse.

Can we please stay civil for one Pokemon thread. Can you guys stop with the mocking for one thread? Seriously people..It's just a Pokemon thread where we have to evaluate feats.

So what stuff are we evaluating? The card? Cal do you have a link to what the story is of that card?

@Dragon

AFAIK, the manga in question just says the cards have backstory and give an example with one i can't name. Mewtwo's is not given a story.

The problem here isn't disagreeing with the upgrades. I don't agree with upgrading Mewtwo to Massively FTL+ based on the card either. The proble is the mocking / condescending tone, which happens in literally every Pokémon thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back