• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

I'd think I'd rather not see Super Metroid or Metroid Fusion get remade. I feel like those were master pieces in their own right to the point where remakes feel unnecessary. Unlike the 1st two Metroid games which have a lot of mechanics that didn't exactly age well, but were still classics for NES and Gameboy standards respectively. And in Fusion's case, I think updating the graphics to 3D would ruin the epic feel of intimidation that SA-X had; there was something execution heavy about the 2D graphics. Though if they did remake them, not sure what type of content they could add. And the way I'd like to see it is if they were like some kind of HD2D style meant for side-scrollers similar to what Square Enix did for Octopath Traveler (In which they took FF6 style sprite work but updated resolution to HD).

But still, I think the way they handled the Prime Remaster does strengthen strong hopes for Prime 4 once they finally announce that full out.

Last edited:
I'd think I'd rather not see Super Metroid or Metroid Fusion get remade, I feel like those were master pieces in their own right to the point where remakes feel unnecessary unlike the 1st two Metroid games which have a lot of mechanics that didn't exactly age well, but were still classics for NES and Gameboy standards respectively. And in Fusion's case, I think updating the graphics to 3D would ruin the epic feel of intimidation that SA-X had; there was something execution heavy about the 2D graphics. Though if they did remake them, not sure what type of content they could add, and the way I'd like to see it is if they were like some kind of HD2D style meant for side-scrollers similar to what Square Enix did for Octopath Traveler (In which they took FF6 style sprite work but updated resolution to HD).

But still, I think the way they handled the Prime Remaster does strengthen strong hopes for Prime 4 once they finally announce that full out.
Agreed; I think pixel art looks better then 2.3d anyway.

Finished the remaster. I loved how almost everything looked but I preferred how dark the sunken frigate was in the original release. Made it moodier, especially in the save room.

I love how the new Ice beam looks when charging; frost covers the arm cannon and it looks like ice cubes are constantly forming in the barrel.

Does anyone have anything they want to see in Prime 4? I wish there were more optional upgrades, like the charge combos in Prime 1 and 2. Having all the optional stuff just be suit ammo expansions is so boring, especially in the newer games where those are largely useless. The series needs to take a page from Hollow Knight's book.

I guess I’d like some sort of big platforming obstacle course, forcing you to use your upgrades like the ice beam or morph ball bombs in creative ways, and at the end you find something like a super power bomb (reference to the manga), which one-shots everything including bosses.

I'm hoping the plans that where originally going to be for Prime 2, that is nicknamed Prime 1.5 is part of Prime 4. I heard there were going to be puzzles that involve interacting with, parallel universe versions of yourselves and some fights that involve fighting alternate versions of yourselves based on misunderstandings. And could result in things like Acausality (Type 3 and either 2 or 4). Also, I know Sylux from Prime Hunters has been making cameos as of late and perhaps he could play a bigger role.

I guess I’d like some sort of big platforming obstacle course, forcing you to use your upgrades like the ice beam or morph ball bombs in creative ways, and at the end you find something like a super power bomb (reference to the manga), which one-shots everything including bosses.
I would love something like that. Unfortunately, as games take more and more time to develop, it feels like devs feel less incentivized to make cool optional areas for the player to explore. And since Metroid has never been big on optional paths/sectors to begin with, I'd doubt we get one.

I'm hoping the plans that where originally going to be for Prime 2, that is nicknamed Prime 1.5 is part of Prime 4. I heard there were going to be puzzles that involve interacting with, parallel universe versions of yourselves and some fights that involve fighting alternate versions of yourselves based on misunderstandings. And could result in things like Acausality (Type 3 and either 2 or 4). Also, I know Sylux from Prime Hunters has been making cameos as of late and perhaps he could play a bigger role.
You reminded me of an article from 2015 where Tanabe mulled over having Prime 4 being on a single planet with a time-shifting mechanic: https://www.eurogamer.net/next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

Granted this was years ago so who knows if any of this will end up in the final game.

Time travel is a staple of sci fi in general and several other Nintendo series have done it so for Metroid I figure it's only a matter of time. I just hope they don't mess it up since time travel can get very convoluted. Time manipulation is already in the series with the Phase Drift, so.

I can live with Acausality type 3 and/or 4 also being added and stuff like time reversal not just time stopping.

I realize that if the planet Samus goes to in Prime 4 used to have Phazon on it, then time traveling could be a way for Phazon to be a thing during Prime 4 only, and then by the end all of Phazon will for sure be gone in case anyone in the real world was thinking otherwise (even if it's limited to one room/small area/a single boss fight). Tanabe said in the interview I linked that the story of Dark Samus and Phazon is over which I'd say is a good thing. Phazon had a good run, move onto something new and/or expand on other aspects from the Prime series that haven't been explored a whole lot like the Kriken Empire.

Perhaps it's getting replaced with something even more crazy and haxed than Phazon.

The federation seems to be catching up to Samus' suit level of tech. Maybe there could be a game where the feds now consider her obsolete cause they've gotten to the point where they can produce better power suits, but then something happens that proves that Samus is still needed after all.

Then again, that's basically what happened with the emmis.

The federation seems to be catching up to Samus' suit level of tech. Maybe there could be a game where the feds now consider her obsolete cause they've gotten to the point where they can produce better power suits, but then something happens that proves that Samus is still needed after all.

Then again, that's basically what happened with the emmis.
Yeah, even when she's outclassed in powers, abilities and Stats she usually still wins anyway due to either her insane skill or a sudden deus ex machina like her Metroid transformation or a weakness that honestly makes no sense like Dark Samus getting overloaded by Samus' supply of Phazon despite having been perfectly fine fusing with a literal planet being entirely made of Phazon.

Not gonna lie, I have half a mind to try and revamp and improve the X Parasite page since it's pretty barebones and (no offense) kinda bad

But at the same time, it looks like it has Prime abilities and other media incorporated into it, and because that's beyond my knowledge, I'm hesitant to pick it up

Just wondering, is the Aurora Unit post-corruption/Dark Samus fusion treated as having good regen, or is it like Samus and the bounty hunters where they don’t get regen but still have Phazon.

Just wondering, is the Aurora Unit post-corruption/Dark Samus fusion treated as having good regen, or is it like Samus and the bounty hunters where they don’t get regen but still have Phazon.
I'd assume it would have regen of some kind purely for the fact that it has Phazon and is directly connected to Phaaze. However since 313's destruction killed Dark Samus for good and caused Phaaze to go critical I'd have to lean toward being like Samus and the bounty hunters, or 313 couild be using Phazon for power and forgoing regen so it can kill Samus during the final battle.

Question for Samus vs Mega Man X (this could apply to other match ups as well). Samus' Metroid drain not only drained the last EMMI but also the Central Unit that was in a completely different room. If Samus used her Metroid Drain on X, would that also drain the Mother Elf and any other Cyber Elves on X's person? I'd imagine it would since the Mother Elf/Cyber Elves can be affected/corrupted by stuff. If this is true then the Metroid Drain is literally Samus' only potential win con, the question then is if it would even be able to land. I can think of a few scenarios where it could happen although I don't think it will happen most of the time.

Another question about the Metroid Drain, would you give this and potentially the Metroid Suit/Hyper Beam to Samus in a fight? This is going to be the Elephant in the Room until a Metroid 6 comes out and lets us know what will happen with Samus' Metroid powers long term but I feel it's still worth discussing. I've seen plenty of people say no since it was suppressed at the end of Dread but that would also null a pretty powerful trump card at Samus' disposal. I'd assume that Samus' Metroid powers will reawaken at some point as long as she's still part Metroid, Raven Beak at the end of Dread did say that the process of Samus' Metroid powers awakening were slowed by the Thoha genes, not stopped entirely. Besides for something like DEATH BATTLE! Samus Metroid draining her opponent, holding up their body and then clenching her hand like when she drains the X Chozo Soldiers, causing their now greyed out body to turn to dust would make for a really cool kill instead of another giant laser.

I'd assume it would have regen of some kind purely for the fact that it has Phazon and is directly connected to Phaaze. However since 313's destruction killed Dark Samus for good and caused Phaaze to go critical I'd have to lean toward being like Samus and the bounty hunters, or 313 couild be using Phazon for power and forgoing regen so it can kill Samus during the final battle.
Honestly, I don't agree, metroid prime was still "biological" at that point rather than being mostly composed of phazon like dark Samus is, meaning it doesn't get the good regen.

Well with the combo of massive upscaling the mass energy conversion of a planet 854x more massive than Earth, probably should be.

You know how in Metroid Prime 3 Samus was able to lift a giant gear off the ground with the Grapple Beam? There was a calc of this feat on Space Battles and a few other physical feats for Samus. You can find those calcs here: https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...id.1080753/page-2?post=91558221#post-91558221. The quote for the gear feat specifically would be this:

"This gear is about ~4 meters across and has a volume of around ~4 cubic meters. I don't know what it's made of. A lot of things in Skytown appear to be tin or brass, which would be somewhere between 7~8 g/cm^3. Steel also fits in this range, if you want to assume that. In either case, this would be 30,000~35,000 kg.

Samus tosses it a bit over twice its height into the air. Say ~10 meters? That'd be a takeoff speed of 14 m/s, and an according energy of 2.9~3.4 MJ. Definitely on the higher end, but you can probably suppose the grappling beam was helping out to some extent.

After her charge beam hits it, it takes the gear about 40 frames at 60 FPS to cross the distance to the latch, which looks to be some 5 meters or so. At 7.5 m/s, this would be 0.8~1 MJ for a charged shot. The video shows a charged plasma shot, to be fair, but I imagine it would work with any charged shot if you did that."

I'm well aware that Space Battles usually downplays Metroid stuff, but the calcs ought to be looked at at the very least.

Samus Aran also upscales from Ghor, who lifted Samus Aran's 136 ton gunship with ease.

Here's a question, is the Darkburst a Black Hole of some sort? I don't remember if this was ever clarified anywhere so I'm asking. I'm assuming no since nothing directly states that it is, but I'm asking for thoughts on the matter since so many people talk a out the Darkburst in VS and are like "Samus gets a Black Hole Gun! It's a Black Hole gun!" Granted the Dark Burst looks like a mini Black Hole and suck enemies into oblivion which is what a Black Hole does in function, but there doesn't seems to be any sort of gravitational effect when the Dark Burst is used although it's effective range is larger than the projectile itself once it hits something and converts them into particles when enemies are sucked into the Darkburst (the effect looks pretty cool for the handful of times I've seen it). The same can sorta go for Raven Beak's slow moving black sphere; several people think at first glance it's a Black Hole but once again, no gravitational effects on anything like what Nightmare's projectiles can do for example.

"Sending them to Oblivion" in context isn't much different than a simple "Send them to the next world" or "Send them straight to Hell". I think it's intended to be a metaphorical way of saying "It kills them". Not sure if we can compare it to a real black hole though.

Unless some guidebook for MP2 exists out there that confirms it being a black hole idk if we can argue it being one flat out.

Unless some guidebook for MP2 exists out there that confirms it being a black hole idk if we can argue it being one flat out.
I figured it was something like this but I figured I'd ask regardless. The only guide I know of is the official player's guide but who knows if that would have any impact on the lore (The link of the guide on Amazon isn't loading in the preview for whatever reason so settle for an image off of Google):
iu

Hypothetically speaking, if the Darkburst was a black hole would it change anything or would everything more or less stay the same?

If it was a real black hole, we'd could probably give calculations for potential upgrades that would scale to other stats given Samus Aran's weapons utilize UES scaling in the form of being the Power Suits digital data combined with Samus Aran's Mental Energy.

Since they weren't answered the first time around I'll repost/reiterate these two questions:

"Question for Samus vs Mega Man X (this could apply to other match ups as well). Samus' Metroid drain not only drained the last EMMI but also the Central Unit that was in a completely different room. If Samus used her Metroid Drain on X, would that also drain the Mother Elf and any other Cyber Elves on X's person? I'd imagine it would since the Mother Elf/Cyber Elves can be affected/corrupted by stuff. If this is true then the Metroid Drain is literally Samus' only potential win con, the question then is if it would even be able to land. I can think of a few scenarios where it could happen although I don't think it will happen most of the time.

Another question about the Metroid Drain, would you give this and potentially the Metroid Suit/Hyper Beam to Samus in a fight? This is going to be the Elephant in the Room until a Metroid 6 comes out and lets us know what will happen with Samus' Metroid powers long term but I feel it's still worth discussing. I've seen plenty of people say no since it was suppressed at the end of Dread but that would also null a pretty powerful trump card at Samus' disposal. I'd assume that Samus' Metroid powers will reawaken at some point as long as she's still part Metroid, Raven Beak at the end of Dread did say that the process of Samus' Metroid powers awakening were slowed by the Thoha genes, not stopped entirely. Besides for something like DEATH BATTLE! Samus Metroid draining her opponent, holding up their body and then clenching her hand like when she drains the X Chozo Soldiers, causing their now greyed out body to turn to dust would make for a really cool kill instead of another giant laser."

One other note I can think of is that if Samus scans X she should learn that the crystal on X's forehead is the only thing that could count as a weakness and will aim for that if at all possible during the fight. I realize that even if Samus broke the crystal it wouldn't be an instant kill but would be pretty debilitating. If Samus can land a Metroid Drain she'll most likely grab X by the head crystal like how she grabbed Raven Beak's cracked helmet at his left eye.

If Samus used her Metroid Drain on X, would that also drain the Mother Elf and any other Cyber Elves on X's person? I'd imagine it would since the Mother Elf/Cyber Elves can be affected/corrupted by stuff. If this is true then the Metroid Drain is literally Samus' only potential win con, the question then is if it would even be able to land. I can think of a few scenarios where it could happen although I don't think it will happen most of the time.
Uh, kinda kinda not, you would have to assume the cyber elves are pure energy, which is partially contradicted by the fact the maverick virus and its related viruses are apparently cyber elves and the fact that even if we took it to work (which is another question, why would X let samus get close when he is a zoner and can just use elves) Mother Elf would upscale from Sigma and his Mid-Godly regen, so ME would just come back and hax

Back