• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay, but I'm still pretty positive the Chozo are well aware of what exists beyond the galaxy; it is implied Chozo and Ambilics have traded with each other and Samus's ship legit has traveled to other galaxies both in Prime Hunters and S&J.

I know Federation Force Wormholes are different, but it is still mention in the lores about the Leviathan's travelling to other galaxies. Though, the Fed Force missiles think makes sense though.

Well maybe the regular Chozo, but the Tallon IV Chozo were actually reclusive. I wonder though, did they meet the Chozo or the "True" Chozo.

I'm... not sure. The entire point of the mission was to avoid the missiles reachng the Aegis, but to do so, they had to be rather close.

Oh wait nvm.

Pirates are attempting to bring down the Aegis with interstellar missiles."

"The Pirates have constructed interstellar missiles capable of destroying the Aegis. The missiles are being delivered via transport ship through a wormhole. It is imperative that you destroy those missiles before they can be delivered to the launcher."

What I was talking about previously must have just been game mechanics. Interstellar range for Space Pirate tech is nice.

The Tallon IV Chozo are the same species, additionally, they're still said to be many times more intelligent than humans of the Galactic Federation as well as comparable to Luminoths and Alimbics. Zebes, Tallon IV, Elysia, and SR388 Chozo are all the same species and regularly traded technologies and information with each other.

Yeah, but there are sub-groups in the species. The Tallon Chozo for example, had the strongest precognitive abilities and had "Ascended" whatever that means.

The Tallon Chozo never interacted with the rest of the Chozo.

Hey what being from Metroid would you guys like to see added here next?

- Parasite Queen

- King Worm

- Quadraxis

- Berserker Lord

- Omega Pirate

Quadraxis is the 3rd greatest boss in Metroid according to Screwattack; which the list is pretty good, though not perfect. At least Unbound Mother Brain is well deserving of her #1 spot.

Ok, I'll put that as my number one on to do list. Next after that is the Parasite Queen (She actually has a decent amount of abilities, according to the lore). After that, I'll ask you guys again.

I found a clip that I believe backs up Samus' precognition and it's from Metroid Prime 3, something that occurs before Other M. Load up this clip I will link to Youtube and play the video from 0:05 to 0:13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX5VHwQko-g.

Notice that in the window behind Samus and Rundas, Samus stops what she's doing and looks at the camera is if she realizes that Dark Samus is about to crash through the window before there's any sort of visual or audio indicator. After that Samus looks back at the window to which Rundas then looks at Samus as if to wonder why she stopped typing on the computer, and then looks where Samus is looking. This seems to me that Samus knew Dark Samus was about to crash through the window before there was any way to tell that it was going to happen since Rundas looked at Samus as if he had no idea. That seems to be a small and quick exchange, but does back up that Samus has some sort of precognition even before Other M and its sensemove.

Is being able to sheer steel impressive? The War Wasps in Prime 1 can do it and they don't deal much damage to Power Suit Samus so I was wondering if a "weak" enemy (relative to what Samus fights later) being able to sheer steel is impressive to any degree.

at face value it's impressive, but I don't personally think it's impressive when you look at what samus can tank.

The War Wasps sheer steel? Link?

Yes, its impressive-ish. Not in comparsion to Samus but still. Reminds me that the fodder in BoG Metroid have a 9-B feat and if I remember correctly King Worm was supersonic, probably am wrong there.

By the way, how's Mid-Godly regen for Dark Samus coming along? And oh yeah, Gandrayda is another great character to add to that list above. The strongest and most haxed of the three corrupted hunters.

SomebodyData said:
The War Wasps sheer steel? Link?
Yes, its impressive-ish. Not in comparsion to Samus but still. Reminds me that the fodder in BoG Metroid have a 9-B feat and if I remember correctly King Worm was supersonic, probably am wrong there.
I'll link the War Wasp page on the wiki but the evidence itself is from the Prime 1 & 2 Logbook entry: https://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/War_Wasp#Metroid_Prime_Logbook_entry.

"Morphology: War Wasp

Airborne insect equipped with a venomous stinger capable of shearing steel."

@Accursed, nice.

@Dark the thread has no momentum sadly. Gandrayda sucks tho.

How does she suck? Higher degree of Class K lifting strength, Transformation, self transmutation, every thing the other two hunters can do, ect. She's nothing compared to Dark Samus yes, but she's still a hell of a lot better than the other 2 corrupted hunters. Though, did I hear Parasite Queen has some impressive hax?

Never said she sucks ability wise ovo. I just don't like her. @Dark

Ye, though we don't know the full scope of its effects. @Glass

@Data you mean the Phazon? It was stated in the datalog that the parasite queen was injected by phazon for some test experiment. Which came out as a success.

Nah, I was refering to the fact that we don't know all of the changes done because of the Phazon.

Any idea what technology tier the Chozo would be at their prime? Mother Brain in the backstory manga said that the Chozo were the most advanced race in the universe but that's just a statement and the statement itself doesn't hint as to how advanced the Chozo were if it was true. I remember some sort technology tier where tier 1 was being able to control the energy of a planet, tier 2 is the energy of a solar system, tier 3 a galaxy, tier 4 is multiple galaxies and tier 5 is an entire universe. Something like that. Any idea where the Chozo would fall on this scale? I thought there was a Chozo Lore entry from Prime 1 that gave me the impression that the Chozo reached a point technologically where they either couldn't advance anymore or where advancement was meaningless. Looking through the Prime 1 Chozo Lore entries though I didn't find anything. I'd recommend reading through the lore entries if you've never actually sat down and read them all, they're pretty interesting: https://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Chozo_Lore. There is one Chozo Lore entry where it's stated that the Chozo have observed multiple dimensions. Note that the lore entries I am using are from the original North American release of Metroid Prime 1:

"Cradle

Logbook entry Chozo script translated. The cries of this dying land pulled us from our dreaming state, and now we Chozo walk as ghosts while the Great Poison sinks into the trees and waters, devouring all life. Some creatures survive, but their forms grow as twisted and evil as the force that fell from the sky. The heart of the planet will succumb soon, and so will we, even in our ghostly states. Already many Chozo have faded and passed into the unknown. The Great Poison is unlike anything we have glimpsed in this or any dimension. It eats relentlessly, worming out life wherever it blooms and corrupting what it cannot kill. It will be our undoing. Our last hope lies in the Cradle, the temple we hope might contain this abomination. It is almost complete, hovering over the impact site, the dark heart of the spreading evil. If we can finish before the last of our kind drifts into madness or death, there is a chance for this world. If we fail, we are doomed with it."

Another idea, any guess as to how long Chozo could live? My guess is they must live for at least multiple centuries if not 1,000+ years due to this:

"Statuary

Logbook entry Chozo script translated. As we have done for millennia, we Chozo work constantly on our statuary. The statues are our sentinels: blind but ever watchful, they are and have always been, repositories for our most precious secrets and strongest powers. The crafting of each is a long and sacred process, performed only by those Chozo who have lifetimes of experience in such things. We have left these relics on planets across the solar system. Some are merely reminders: silent emblems of the Chozo that serve as icons of peace in lands that know only war. Others wield subtle strength, exerting their influence in ways beyond the understanding of mortal creatures. Still others are guardians of our secret ways, and these can be as terrible as they are beautiful. Those who respect and honor these relics will know the friendship of the Chozo. Those who deface or destroy them will know our wrath, unfettered and raw.

If this is true, Samus will probably live for a long time thanks to the Chozo DNA infusion.

Chozo had Immortality type 1 iirc; or does that only apply to the Ghosts? But yeah, Chozo most assuredly have long life spans, and possibly eternal. Though, I'm unsure about Samus having Immortality Type 1, but Longevity I think she already has. If not, she probably should have it.

Chozo do have extreme longetivity, it is what ironically led to their downfall. However, we don't know if Samus has this ability too. As for cosmic awareness, its probably just experience. (Judging by the fact that we know they have traveled through dimensions in the past (Wrecked Ship and Phantoon lore)

I'm pretty sure Samus does age slower also; she's attractive and looks youthful for her age is proof. Jokes aside, perhaps a possibly before Longevity seems reasonable?

Idk, she outrights lacks certain other abilities, such as Flight. For now, I'll say we should just leave it as it is.

If the Chozo are organisms that live for centuries, why would they decide to make their progeny a human, an organism that will live for one century if Samus is lucky? If Samus has a natural human lifespan, she'll probably be able to fight for another 20/30 years max? Seems like a really stupid decision for a species that could without a doubt make Samus' lifespan last much longer.

You mean the same species that went without breeding for centuries? Or that decided giving Samus flight wasn't on the to-do list (Despite being perhaps Samus' most needed ability). This falls pretty heavily under speculation territories.

..Not to mention Samus got the Chozo DNA to simply survive Zebes originally. They decided she would become their progeny years later.

I guess we could do "Possible Longevity" if you guys feel so adamant about it, but its still pretty deep in speculation territory.

Well, of course Samus wasn't given wings, but she was given enhanced muscles comparable to Chozo; godlike stamina, the ability to breathe in environments super toxic to humans, and the strength to survive on a 960 G environment. Though, they did that last one when she was only 3. I see nothing wrong with "Possible Longevity". I may not be on the Chozo's level, but there's no reason not to assume it's considerably longer lifespan than normal humans at least.

I've realized that 6-C Samus without her Legendary Power Suit (Since it's gonna be upgrade to 6-A) would lose a lot of abilities, so don't be surprised when her tabs separate a lot of them.

Basic Power Suit Samus still has every ability in Zero Mission and the 2002 Manga; this includes Ice Beam, Wave Beam, ect. Also, doesn't Samus naturally have Precognition among other things in Zero Suit?

Oh wait, I think I know what SD means. Aeion abilities among other things would be moved to her High 6-A key given that was her Legendary Suit. She'll still have much of her prominent abilities or anything Zero Suit Samus naturally has. I still think Life Energy Manipulation, Data Manipulation and limited Transmutation should remain given that's how the missiles and Health recovery items work in canon. She'll also still have some resistances; especially mind manipulation, but not as much. She should also still have advanced scanners and Regenerationn iirc. As for harming Intangible beings, even Zero Suit Samus was able to do that with the Chozo Ruins Test, but not sure about Spatial remaining for that key.

So it's basically Aeion abilities getting moved such as Electro Armor.

Well there is also some of her resistances and her precog would become the standard Chozo one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back