• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yomi_Schwarz

She/Her
I hope this works,speed equal,both bloodlusted,no knowledge of each other and fight takes place in kingdom of liones

Boar s sin of gluttony merlin by mtrizkit-d8o79s69
Fairy tail acnologia island dragon zeref ultra 3840x2160 hd-wallpaper-8199839

Merlin gives Acnologia Irene's treatment (BFR's him away). She can keep it long enough to meet the requirements to victory via BFR

Czuczian11 said:
Merlin gives Acnologia Irene's treatment (BFR's him away). She can keep it long enough to meet the requirements to victory via BFR
That's sorta the easy way around but ok

Haven't yet caught up with NNT but from what I know so far and what I'm reading on her profile, Merlin wins this via hax. Some input from someone more well versed in this verse (pun not intended) is welcome.

Magicx2 said:
acno blast her to hell or soul rip
Acnologia has never shown soul rip against characters other than dragons and it might be a specialty of his or fully mastered dragon slayer magic. Assuming he can do so against Merlin without canonical evidence is just wrong.

Magicx2 said:
ds magic works on dragons and humans.that is since the first chapter
Remember what Levy (or was it Freed?) said about dragon slayer magic back during the Fighting Festival? She/He said something about dragon slayer magic being able to reap dragon souls. As I said before, there is simply no canonical evidence that dragon slayers can soul-rip beings other than dragons. Slayer magics have increased AP and likely soul-rip only against what they were meant for. We must wait and see if Acnologia can soul-rip a non-dragon. Assuming he can do so without canonical evidence backing it up is just wrong.

Acnologia destoys a huge chain of mountains with a breath attack honestly thats enough for me
Acnologiasss
Talking about this

time manipulation would have no effect with acnologia just like dimaria's didn't have with natsu and abilities like perfect cube work on weaker enemies and i really doubt that's a case here plus there is always the fact acnologia barely showed any power what so ever he basically just played around like saitama with everyone.

I might be wrong but if it's bloodlusted it means there's no character-induced or plot-induced stupidity in the fight, correct?

The way I see it, Merlin casts Perfect Cube over herself as soon as the fight starts, which will make her impervious to anything listed in Acnologia's Powers and Abilities section, and BFRs Acno.

Do tell me if there's anything in Acno's arsenal that might be able to get through Perfect Cube that I missed or isn't listed on their page though, I'm not too familiar with FT.

The point is we don't know anything about acnologia in fact list on this forum has nothing just one single attack that doesn't show his strength at this point you only have assumptions only things we know is he has huge resistance on magic in his dragon form and just a mere idea of his breath attack strength. Acnologia was credited with a single handed country destruction and how stated by Zeref he could rule the entire world with his power with no problem and if you take Gildarts crash magic that destroys everything in touch did no harm to him he even took an attack from all Strongest FT guild characters together and got only pushed away for couple of meters after that he was planning to destroy the tenrou island which later was protected or well sent away by a protecting spell so it never got listed into his feat but he clearly could of done it.

To put it simple you need to decide if acnologia can destroy the Perfect Cube or not and honestly i am pretty sure he can.

Soldier Blue said:
Magicx2 said:
ds magic works on dragons and humans.that is since the first chapter
Remember what Levy (or was it Freed?) said about dragon slayer magic back during the Fighting Festival? She/He said something about dragon slayer magic being able to reap dragon souls. As I said before, there is simply no canonical evidence that dragon slayers can soul-rip beings other than dragons. Slayer magics have increased AP and likely soul-rip only against what they were meant for. We must wait and see if Acnologia can soul-rip a non-dragon. Assuming he can do so without canonical evidence backing it up is just wrong.
irrelevant.acno have is own ds magic.ofc a fire dragonslayer cant soul steal.but acno is a another type.

anyway,acno still soulrip or blast her to hell.

what was the best what PC blocks?galans swing?

Merlin's Perfect Cube blocked Galan's High 7-A attack. Acno is listed as High 7-A, his attacks will be blocked. Merlin wins this via hax.

I don't think there's any way for Acnologia to win with Merlin's superior hax. Guess we'll just have to wait to see possible hax or better feats from him.

In fact as i said not knowing almost anything about his power it's impossible to judge cause lets be honest full power Acnologia who is said that he could easily rule the world with his power being only 7-A has no sense.

HalfAsianFan said:
I might be wrong but if it's bloodlusted it means there's no character-induced or plot-induced stupidity in the fight, correct?
The way I see it, Merlin casts Perfect Cube over herself as soon as the fight starts, which will make her impervious to anything listed in Acnologia's Powers and Abilities section, and BFRs Acno.

Do tell me if there's anything in Acno's arsenal that might be able to get through Perfect Cube that I missed or isn't listed on their page though, I'm not too familiar with FT.
That's the whole point, anything you cast on it, be it passive or active, it gets reflected. So yeah.

Yeah it wasn't island level but it isn't really relevant since Acno's AP is only Large Mountain, which is equal to Galand's. It's a shame that apparently his full power hasn't been shown yet, but that's all we can scale him from at the moment.

HalfAsianFan said:
Yeah it wasn't island level but it isn't really relevant since Acno's AP is only Large Mountain, which is equal to Galand's.

Acnologia sank an island in 1 attack though, isn't that island level? Or is it it because the island was mountain sized?

I'm not counting a vote yet, but everyone seems to oversell Merlin's hax in all her battles. Also aren't Dragon's in Ft only vulnerable to dragon slaying magic, and highly resistant to it otherwise?

the island was protected by fairy sphere so they decided not to count it which honestly is a mistake cause it was obvious his intention was to destroy it.

well the hax is only way for her to have a chance so yeah that why.

well we don't know how much of resistance they have but it is true only dragon slayers actually did any damage to them during the GMG arc and at tenrou island acnologia was barely pushed away after everyone attack together which counts 3 first genration dragon slayers and laxus as second generation

IIRC small island level = large mountain level if it's at all helpful.

yes it is.

I pick acnologia. for ap advantage and Magic Resistance (if it is accepted here). Merlin has a timestop though (which she only used once, which is why we don't know anything else about it except that it's a form of timestop) so that should be restricted, or else we'll get things like "merlin timestops".

well both parties use magic so it still applies, so Acno wins hands down, all Merlin can do is BFR.

I mean, this was a necro back from when Acno was High 7-A of all things, It should be remade and may as well be if Merlin has a proper wincon because unless BFR sends Acno to another planet/dimension etc., he can fly back very fast.

Back