• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Memeization: The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's going to be so useless on so many people it'll make matchups more available

Lmao. Asuna's main forte in Underworld is earth/rock-based attacks. (i.e. Meteors, Geographical Manipulation, etc.)

Skill Connect works by using one one handed sword skill with another one handed sword skill

both of those are two handed

DMUA said:
Skill Connect works by using one one handed sword skill with another one handed sword skill
both of those are two handed
Actually Skill Connect can work with any weapon, so long as you can end one Skill where the next Skill's pre-motion starts.

This means that technically Kirito can chain Starburst Stream and the Eclipse together.

Oh

well

Why hasn't he pulled that in the tabletop ovo

Because I never got the chance to since I never have time to do the tabletop owo

Xmark12 said:
Also, anyone who knows Outside System Skills should be able to use them in real life as well, since they're literally just things that are humanly possible (in the SAO universe anyways). They're things that aren't assisted by the system at all, so they should be possible to do in real life.

Switch also needs to be counted as an Outside System Skill. It'd be something along the lines of "Players switch positions in-between an enemy's attack to recover Hit Points, chain attacks together, and/or burden the learning abilities of AI-controlled monsters."

One last thing, there's two more Outside System Skills that aren't listed: Instinct (Which is predicting a person or AI's next attack from long range/out of combat) and, what's the most interesting to me, Precognition (Predicting the next attack from close range/in combat).

What would these two constitute as? Because the Sharingan is basically just glorified Enhanced Senses, but it's considered Precognition, soo...
Quick bump for this.

I was reading the sao hollow realization manga and I found this feat where the game freezed and the time stopped and kirito was able to force himself to move through it.

https://*********.com/Manga/Sword-Art-Online---Hollow-Realization/003?id=469555

From the literal one clip we got there, I think we can call Aim dodging full of forkery

Now I'm not one for Speed calcs with video presentations... but I will look forward to see where we can take this forker.

R E L K I R I T O

Oh, shit. Kirito is pretty much Jesus now.

Just you wait, DMUA. I'll somehow find a feat that makes Kirito 3-A.

Apparently, a statement from Volume 18 says Incarnation existed in Aincrad, so Kirito resisting death was actually Kirito using Incarnation.

Similarly, Underworld was not just any societal development

simulation.

Both represented the beginning of an epic paradigm shift.

A different reality — one would inspire change in a world heading

ever closer towards a closed future. A world that realized the will

of young people fighting to break free of the established system

into an invisible power: An Incarnating Radius.

—That's your goal, isn't it, Akihiko-san?

That's what you noticed and discovered during your two years i

that floating castle — their infinite potential, and the dazzling,

blinding light of their spirits.

(Sword Art Online - Volume 18, 208)

So Kirito's plot armor is canon. Woo.

Well great, might as well call Plot Armor in the tabletop Incarnation now.

Just explain that it's incarnation later and keep the memes right now as they are

Yeah sounds good. I just realized it looked like I was being serious with my previous comment, lol.

Also, will we add Incarnation to the rest of the keys, orrr?

Kep's commenting on the calc saying it's an outlier

Might need a CRT at this rate, though, before I do that, I'd need some stuff to back up it being not an outlier, like the casualness of lower feats and such, if it's manageable.

DMUA said:
Might need a CRT at this rate, though, before I do that, I'd need some stuff to back up it being not an outlier, like the casualness of lower feats and such, if it's manageable.
Hm... What about magnitudes 1 & 2?

Edit: Oh, and if you ever need scans, I can always sniff some out.

Calc went down to lower down MSS, so we shouldn't have to worry nearly as much.

Bruh the animation was friggin on point with this episode. As an animator myself, GODDAM I love how much time and effort the staff at A-1 put into the animation of the episode. They must have put their best animators here, unlike last episode (though that was good too).

Also, light dodging feat bois. Let's get that calced.

Yeah.

Also new things should be added to the profiles.

Kirito's intelligence being boosted a bit via immense knowledge and elastic memory (since this episode proved that he could remember stuff like type of metal at a glance within seconds). This is likely via his experience at both the Sword Academy and fighting for his life in enemy lines constantly in Sword Art Online (unlike other Players, he was always gathering information and heading out into dangerous territory nobody else would dare go to. That's how his Battle Healing Skill is so high).

Quinella has resurrection via reviving the two kids and a buncha other people, though it can have harmful side effects on whoever it's used on.

I still don't get why Kirito would be the only guy to be stupid but eh plot

Right.

Tbf there were other Players like that. It's just that those who did do those kinds of things either died or are rarely referenced.

Remember, if you die in the game you die for real. No normal person, like a regular citizen in the real world, would go out and risk their lives that much. It's practically suicide, especially solo. That's why most people are in Guilds, to increase their chances of survival.

Also from reddit by the way to clarify Eugeo's anger:

<Some of you might wonder, why is Eugeo so *angry* all the sudden in the past few episodes?

This is unfortunately a huge chunk of missed characterization. I will attempt to summarize my own interpretation of Eugeo's development, sort of spoilers ahead.

Eugeo is, to a degree, plagued by guilt, ever since he was young.

It's not just because he watched Alice taken away from him, but even before that.

He comes from a family of farmers, but remember what his "duty" was? Tree cutting.

His family expected an extra pair of helping hands, but Eugeo cannot fufil that, thus shunning him, even though his entire salary from tree cutting goes to his family.

When he left the village with Kirito, naturally, his family receives no further additional salary from Eugeo's work. Eugeo thus aspired to become an integrity knight to one day recompense his family.

But ever since he cut Humbert's arm off, that goes down the drain as well.

In short, Eugeo no longer sees himself on a "righteous path".

What's worse, in Cardinal's library, Eugeo spent quite some time reading over history books.

This is not just because he is a studious history nerd, but he wanted to know something.

Eugeo wanted to know that, in the recorded history of the Human society, has there been any "criminals" like him, and what path lies ahead of them.

No such record exists.

Effectively, Eugeo sees himself as the first criminal.

Eugeo sees himself as *a monster*.

He no longer can expect to live a normal life, even after getting Alice's memories back.

Thats the first part of Eugeo's characterization.

The second part, after the encounter in the last episode with Deuselbert, he views the church and the integrity knights as wicked beings who twist and manipulates peoples. As a result, he resolves to swing his sword with anger.

However, Fanatio was not what he expected. Her convictions are to maintain the society's peace and order, her actions are that of justice. Because, if Kirito and Eugeo does win in the end, the human society may very well be thrown into chaos.

Eugeo struggles to accept that there can be justice within the church, thus his line.

"how can you possibly act in the name of justice" (the sub translation is a bit weird)

So yeah. In summary: A-1 cut out even more important stuff from the light novels.

Eh, at least the animation was good.

Should Kirito's age be changed? Because he spent around 11 years as a child with Eugeo in the Underworld.

14 at the beginning of the Aincrad arc (SAO), 16 at the end of Aincrad arc (SAO) & the beginning of the Fairy Dance arc (ALO), 17 in the Phantom Bullet arc (GGO), New Aincrad (ALO), & the Ordinal Scale movie (OS), 17 physically, 28 mentally Beginning of Alicization (BoA; Spent 11 years as a child in Underworld with Eugeo and Alice), 30 mentally End of Alicization (EoA) after having his Star King (SK) memories wiped), around 230 as Star King Kirito

He doesn't remember living as a child with Eugeo and Alice. It's fine as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back