• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Memeization: The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we change Klein's quote to this

"I know its a trap....I'm not... stupid. But even if it is a trap, even if I know its a trap. I don't care, I can't just turn my back on someone if they need help. Even if... even if it means Arum is gonna get destroyed. If I have a chance to save someone, then dammit I WILL, cause thats what being a samurai is all about!"

Eeeh, I dunno about that.

In other news though apparently everyone that can use Incarnation effectively are able to do telekinesis (from what I've seen of it so far in the novels it's only to call back weapons). It's called an Inarnation Arm.

Edit: Apparently from the description it's more like an invisible arm, so something similar to Lucy's vectors or Re:Zero's unseen hands.

Yep, Incarnation Blades.

So basically Incarnation allows the user to create invisible or intangible objects like hands or swords via imagination.

Episode 17.

Also DMUA, Kirito just threw some logic on why he's sparing the Integrity Knights in this episode, just so you know.

I'm going to take the wild guess of saying that he's just attaching something to something he did for an illogical reason

And also, weekly Gamerturk explained video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C0eOFgmGo0

And he also brings up important point that could be added to the profiles:

All Underworld characters have virtually unlimited stamina at the cost of losing their Life when they're tired enough.

VR doesn't have a physical aspect, since your body is cut off from the brain.

That said, yeah, your avatar can't get tired since the game doesn't simulate that, and iirc, it's been shown with Kirito grinding day after day with as little rest as he can go without his shutting down completely.

Copy and pasting this from the CRT:

I've gone through the scans and deduced that the SAO wiki is absolute crap.

Or at least spreading some misinformation.

Precognition isn't actually precognition, as shown here:

there's the ┬½precognition┬╗ that comes with the position of the sword and the avatar's center of gravity, the ┬½insight┬╗ that can predict the attack patterns of monsters from long range and through the attack pattern, the ┬½Distinguish┬╗ that allows players distinguish the enemy's sound effects from the background sound and find them, the ┬½mislead┬╗ to lure the AI monsters' learning capacity and give it a heavy burden, the ┬½switch┬╗ that allows multiple players to switch positions and allow them to recover their HP. And amongst these skills that weren't listed in the ability column, the hardest skill to get, and even treated as a supernatural one was the ┬½presence sense┬╗—also called ┬½Hypersense┬╗.

So we can discard precognition actually being precognition, though it'd still be nice to add on everyone's profiles who can use Outside System Skills.

I've only added Incarnation to Kirito and Asuna for now, since they're the only two outside of the Underworld that has Incarnation feats (Asuna via getting out of admin paralysis through sheer will, and Kirito via... everything).

I know it would theoretically work for every other player, but they never showed feats of Incarnation, so I'm just being safe.

Edit: Also I still need a concensus on whether or not we should add Outside System Skills to the characters' irl keys.

Episode 18 has dropped and the OP is edited.

Edit: We also get a first time look at the "Incarnation Arm" this episode, where Bercouli's picking up his Time Piercing Sword.

Eeehh, not sure. We should find solid feats. He's already Unknown though.

Should be in volume 10 and/or 11.

Also nothing really notable in ep. 18.5, so not changing the OP till next ep.

Should I begin changing the characters' stamina ratings now to Limitless physically (All VR avatars, including NPCs, cannot get physically tired), then however much willpower they have mentally?

Because they could still get mentally tired, just not physically.

Also in the Underworld your Life will deplete if your avatar is exhausted, even though they still have technically infinite stamina still.

When I'm not busy with schoolwork.

Also you can. I'll correct any mistakes when you're done.

>her

Also legit can you don't

Like, fiction is not meant to give you a constant addiction to spiting people

While I'm mostly understanding of the normal Kirito, Alictization is, dare I say, good, and you should actually give it a shot.

Mother's Forking Basement is apparently having second thoughts about Reki Kawahara has a whole thanks to it, so I think it would fix your attitude up real quick if you dived into it.

Of course there's also SAO Abridged, which is the work of the divine Lords, Something Witty Entertainment

Just to give you a sliver of the idea of how good it is, here's the original SAO scene of Kirito standing on a bridge, and here's "My Numbers are Bigger then yours"

Yeah.

I'd recommend you watch it. It'll save you a lot of energy if you don't have to deal with burning hatred of a literal drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back