• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Memeization: The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Didn't Kayaba say something along the lines of "I now believe in a power beyond that of something something virtual something?"

...Yeah, Reki's been planning this all along.

Spoilers for Unital Ring.

Unital Ring

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

...Unless I read it incorrectly, In Chapter 2 it's confirmed that anyone can use Incarnation in any VR world/game. Meaning Kirito has reality warping and probability manipulation in all of his keys, and it's very likely he uses it whenever his eyes turn yellow.

But since I skimmed through the paragraph since I don't have the time to read it right now, it's possible I misread.

Kuroiha said:
Spoilers for Unital Ring.
Well.

I feel like we should better define incarnation's capabilities, just so we can properly abuse it in versus threads

Also this could apply to SAO Tabletop which is hilarious considering that Plot Armor was already a stat

.. wait what year did Unital Ring come out in

Hm... Like as in a blog?

Unital Ring came out in Japan in December 7, 2018.

Also, is Tabletop a RPG or something on FCOC?

Yeah, I think it would be best to compile a lot of examples of incarnation at work so it doesn't get to NLFy.

.... Oh my forking forkbags Mark predicted Kirito having canonical plot armor

It's a Tabletop on Discord. I can provide you a link if you want, here's the vastly incomplete summary doc we're compiling for newcomers like you, here's the FC/OC versepage so you can get introduction to the basic idea.

Alright. I'll make a small little blog on Incarnation.

Thank you.

Er, is it possible for me to join the discord, but only to spectate?

Yeah, you can spectate. Here's the link.

You'll need an immediate catch-up though for current events, which I can give you when you T-pose into battle

Bam, episode 14!

We also got the 8-C+ feat animated this episode, as well as Spinning Shield. Wew.

Still sounds like typical anime stuff

.... You know, I wish more anime had metal openings. Like, I could go for one of those. Especially with how I've ended up listening to some Disturbed stuff and well, it's Disturbed.

... No the second OP of Death Note doesn't count, it's trash

DMUA said:
... No the second OP of Death Note doesn't count, it's trash
I for one like the OP of Death Note. But hey, what do I know? My taste is trash.

Also side note, OP 2 of Alicization is friggin good. It has lots of symbolism and foreshadowing.

The first OP was good

The second OP is just bad death metal if they screamed it in the universal language of screaming

Eh. I'm neutral on the second OP. Some of the animation kind of looks like one of those "paint versions" of anime OPs you'd find on Youtube.

It does have a lot of symbolism, though.

I think that was intentional. It's an artstyle choice to represent the past I'm assuming. The animation during that paint section was pretty good though.

It's in tabbers, looks wierd on mobile but fine on not mobile.

Alright. I'm currently on mobile (using desktop mode), so I can't fix it right now. I'll do it in like an hour or so.

It's because he can basically do anything he knows or saw with Incarnation.

As shown in vol 21 for example where he implies he could just use any Sacred Art he wants with Incarnation, or considered using Incarnation to move an entire chunk of land to safety when it was falling to the ground.

It could be removed though just incase.

Also Eugeo should have Skill Connect since he used it in today's episode (even though it was never stated, but it was in the novels), as well as SAO Kirito since he used it as early as the Aincrad arc in the novels.

I think they should keep it

They're both sacred arts users and Kirito well surpassed her.

Here's the scan for the implication. As for the example of Kirito using Incarnation for a simple thing like moving a small chunk of land, it's not translated yet, but it's in a summary you can find online. Just search up SAO Vol 21 summary:

"Sacred Arts exercises were beaten into me too at the Swordcraft Academy, you know. I still remember the incantations." I replied while minimizing my homework window. I set down the mug and cake next to each other. Alice's catlike ears twitched.

"Oh? Then what would be the incantation that creates a small, hollow ball created from metallic element, fills it with water created from aqueous element, and surrounds it with a fireball created from thermal element?"

"Ugh… U-Umm, elements need to be generated in order of decreasing stability, so the first would be generate metallic… Wait, no, should I start with the water element first if I'm surrounding it with steel?"

Alice sighed loudly at once, and I retorted childishly: "W-What's wrong? I don't need to use Arts anymore anyway. Incarnation does the job easy for those kinds of things…"

"That is not the point!"

Also, anyone who knows Outside System Skills should be able to use them in real life as well, since they're literally just things that are humanly possible (in the SAO universe anyways). They're things that aren't assisted by the system at all, so they should be possible to do in real life.

Switch also needs to be counted as an Outside System Skill. It'd be something along the lines of "Players switch positions in-between an enemy's attack to recover Hit Points, chain attacks together, and/or burden the learning abilities of AI-controlled monsters."

One last thing, there's two more Outside System Skills that aren't listed: Instinct (Which is predicting a person or AI's next attack from long range/out of combat) and, what's the most interesting to me, Precognition (Predicting the next attack from close range/in combat).

What would these two constitute as? Because the Sharingan is basically just glorified Enhanced Senses, but it's considered Precognition, soo...

I dunno what switch would be constituted as.

Instinct would likely be Precognition if it's predicting an opponent's next move.

When we have an accurate list of her Alicization powers and stats before Star Queen.

Right

Hopefully her threads are more fun then "Freeze GG" or "She gets absolutely floored as her one trick bounces off"

DMUA said:
Right
Hopefully her threads are more fun then "Freeze GG" or "She gets absolutely floored as her one trick bounces off"
IIRC, it was just opening holes in the ground and letting enemies fall to their death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back