• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Memeization: The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
... just watched the episode

I think it might legit just be aimdodging for the most part

I mean, he does dodge one from midair, but I'm actually surprised they keep it to aimdodging and something actual humans could pull off

Unlike certain things from Gun Gale

Hue

But yeah, I guess that's a nice touch.

Also gonna add the Switch Outside System Skill and some OuSS that other characters should have.

I'm not gonna add Instinct and Precognition just yet, since we gotta confirm that those are actual... y'know, precognition.

Still though, Kirito does move at comparable speed to the laser, so it should count to use projectile dodging.

So, I read the final chapters of Volume 1 of SAO, and there's some things that should be added or changed.

First is that the whole Heathcliff needing System Overassist to keep up with Kirito is completely bullshit. Apparently he just got caught off guard in their first duel and was overconfident. In their second duel Kirito states that Heathcliff was faster than him, blocking all of Kirito's sword strikes at a speed he couldn't see. He never needed System Overassist in the beginning, and in fact was toying with Kirito throughout the entirety of the final battle. Heathcliff should have At least Hypersonic+ combat speed and the reaction weakness removed.

Kirito used the entirety of the Eclipse in his 2nd fight with Heathcliff as well, so that should be fixed on the profile.

Also Kirito and Asuna definitely had Incarnation during those final scenes, since it states Asuna broke through admin paralysis through sheer willpower, and Kirito delayed death long enough to stab Heathcliff in the chest.

Sweet smell of soloing RWBY

Whatdayamean it's loaded with 8-Bs and there are some High 7-Cs

Warning: Major Spoilers for Unital Ring and Argo. Don't click unless you really wanna know.

It's been confirmed that Unital Ring is a game (Survival MMO to be exact, «VRMMOSVG») formed by «The Seed» program by fusing all other VRMMO games. Kirito, again, starts completely from scratch like in the Underworld.

Argo is in Unital Ring, and meets Kirito in real life (supposedly).

HyperNepsy said:
Also shouldn't kirito have a wall key. He broke jail bars with one swing
That's already the middle of Alicization key. Apparently breaking Priority 38 chains and bringing down jail bars in the Axiom Church makes you 8-C+.

Also I need acceptence the following things so that they may be added to the profiles:

Precognition and Instinct being added and judged whether they're actual precognition or not.

All SAO characters being able to use Outside System Skills in real life since it's not guided by the system (Most shown through Kirito vs Eiji, using something akin to Hypersense in the fight, especially with the whole smoke section where Eiji's giving his entire speech).

Edit: Added the Heathcliff updates.

Euguo is just literally me sometimes

"We can't let her die"

"She literally tried to murder you this is a war what are you doing you dandy fork"

People can change for the better boio. She's also not a bad person. No Intrgrity Knight is a bad person. They're all just misguided. Would you kill a perfectly good person and not at least try to get them to see an alternative path?

I'm with Kirito. Even though it would be easier to kill them, there are major ramifications to taking a life that could have been used to secure good and peace.

I would if it's a war.

Yeah, they're all people. That's why you must have respect, not sadism, when you kill them.

But in a war when people fight with their lives, people lose. If what you're doing is really right, you shouldn't have to compensate for things like this.

That's taking the easy way out. People change if you just give them another chance.

You also didn't reply to my other points. There are compromises. These are good people, it would be a waste to kill them.

In addition, let's bring this to a logical standpoint, if the Integrity Knights die, who will protect the human realm? All humans can't kill because it would disobey the Taboo Index, and only Integrity Knights can kill.

You'd literally be shooting the entire human empire in the foot if you kill the Integrity Knights. It's stated later on not even Quinella can take care of the dark territory alone, so if you kill her too, who will defend the human empire? Killing is the easy way out, and it's short sighted and not looking at the bigger picture and planning ahead.

But he didn't do it for the logical standpoint, and he sure wasn't initially supplied for it. Just because his actions happen to have a good outcome doesn't mean that it is a justified in intent. He wanted to take an unnecessary risk, potentially botching the entire mission, over one unfortunate casualty.

And if it didn't happen Cardinal had a bunch ready for usage, that wouldn't be a compromise. He'd have saved one person over letting an entire empire continue with it's tyranny. That was short sighted of him. Of course, so was Cardinal not telling him about having more supplies and trying to make sure they had enough forces to defend the human empire, but his plan's success was luck, not foresight.

It worked out now, but what happens when he has to choose what to save? Is he going to just take what's the easy way out for his psyche?

He literally stated his goal in the last episode is to spare everyone inside and let everyone there live happy lives. That "one casualty" could also cause them millions of lives in the future (in fact it would've if Kirito killed her there since she's a major part of the War of Underworld). It would be a waste to have a good human soul die, someone that could help in the future.

There's a reason why violence fuels more violence. There's a reason why Ghandi's, MLKJ's, and Chavez's campaigns were advocating peace than violence. More negativity does not cancel out negativity like in math.

There's tons of layers here. This is literally a world where willpower dictates everything. As long as he has enough will, he can save everybody. It's one of the themes of SAO. Also Cardinal can't just make things pop out of thin air like Quinella can. She's limited to things in her library (which is also skipped from the anime). To make something, she has to remove something else, so that means she has limited supplies.

Yeah, but what happens when your own soul is wasted? Then what good have you really done? In trying to see two sides of things, it makes you forget your own.

That's why you never kill because of hatred. Hate indeed will not bring peace. But, that's why you should not strike with hatred. None of those people needed to kill anyone to change people's minds, and even when they were in a society where laws exist to make sure anarchy does not commence, they took a lot of pain, and indeed, one of those men died for what they believed in. But here, in a fight, dying doesn't spread a message about how people are suffering. It just means defeat.

But, is not the underworld, and everything in VR, a reflection of our own world distorted to a designer's views? Sure, in RATH's world, Willpower can stop bleeding, can give you the power to do something you shouldn't... but that's the thing. You shouldn't be able to do this. It's why it's fantastic. In our world, you don't get to just unleash your magic "undo mentality lol" dagger to change someone's mind. That's mostly my problem with his mindset, it dissolves when in water.

That sounds extremely narrow minded. You don't just forget your own side, is there proof of that?

Dying could mean a lot of things. The ramifications it could bring, the people that could suffer because of that death, the people that would come after the person that killed their loved one. Death also does not bring peace. Most of the time, it just leads to divided nations and hatred for the other side at the highest level, and sadness at the lowest level.

That's one of the themes of the SAO series: to show that the virtual world is DIFFERENT than the real world; where events such as unity and peace can be achieved when in real life it would be more than that. I'm arguing that this is all possible in VR. It could be possible in reality too, like with MLKJ and the other peace/equal rights activists, but I'm still arguing that because VR is fantasy and the rules/physics/laws of the world are different, real life principles may not be the best way to go in these situations.

Well, Kirito thinks that saving some random person is better then saving his stuff for when he needs it, for one. Maybe forget is the wrong term, but rather what I mean to say is "lose sight of"

Yet, World War 3 hasn't happened from us killing a ton of germans and them killing a ton of other europeans. Why? Because we weren't just violent and aggressive like the end of World War 1, where that would be valid. We had to solve the war with violence, in fact, we even dropped 2 weapons of mass destruction to force people to surrender, but we didn't do it because we hated them. We had a job to do, we carried it out, and when it was done, we rebuilt everyone, friends and foes. We didn't continue a cycle of hate because what we did wasn't of hatred.

Then it's not very triumphant is it? To succeed in a world built for success? If you think about it like that... it really defuses the conflict, actually. What does it matter taking these ideas into a virtual world when they hold no true weight?

I'm pretty sure there was a looot of hatred for Germans and Japanese after WW2, and they were still treated like crap afterwards.

We haven't had WW3 yet because we know the casualties would be on a massive scale, considering, well, a lot of people died during WW2. We simply learned better and just not want to go to another war considering what said world war could bring.

It's different from reality where war rarely has two sides end in a draw. You can still use the ideas from the real world as a guideline but you should just know that a virtual world is different. War and violence against others of our own kind still obviously has true weight and meaning behind it, but I'm talking about how there could be even more options in the virtual world to defuse conflict than in the real world.

There's plenty of conflict that could happen in the virtual world as well; everyday problems we face in the real world as well as new conflicts only the virutal world can muster up. That's why fiction is such a great thing to think about: anything can happen in it. Real life rules don't apply or don't have to apply.

Geez, our thinking can't be any different now that I think about it. You're really conservative huh.

Yeah, but they didn't fight for hatred, so hatred didn't persist. They hated Nazis because they had to fight them to protect what the love, they didn't fight Nazis because they hated them.

Then the cycle ended, didn't it?

But the problem is that these ideas echo into the real world. The virtual world is different, but not to Kirito. In the infamous words of Starkiller, they're real to him. Kirito doesn't do what he does because he can, he does it because he thinks it's what he should do. And I disagree with that idea that he holds.

They could be plenty more different if you were really liberal ovo

I'm pretty sure a lot of people believed Nazis were scum. It was both.

I never argued for a cycle in the first place, but yeah it did for the reasons I said above.

Different ideals for different people. The difference is Kirito went through an actual death game and a bunch of other life and death situations and obtained that mindset, while we never went through that and can only base our opinions/ideals on what we know, not what we've experienced.

Also I'm moderate leaning towards liberal, soo.

Skilled enough to figure out attack patterns (even with entire groups of people) in seconds, as seen when he fought the four Whirling Blades in the light novel (something that was also cut out of the anime).

He has childhood kendo experience + a few extra weeks of kendo experience via Suguha, swordsmanship experience via being in Sword Art Online fighting for his life against monsters and players alike for 2 years and the swordsmanship academy in Centoria for a year.

There's a bunch of others I can probably throw in there, but I think it's best to just look at Kirito's intelligence section in his profile.

Here's what I got from all those pictures:

Statistics Amplification via... a lot of Skills; Forcefield Creation via Physical Barrier; Power Nullification via a lot of Skills; Resistance to physical damage (dunno if this will be accepted or not), paralysis, poison, bleeding, stuns, binding and lethargy, spiritual and physical debuffs; Instinctive Reaction (dunno if this will also be accepted or not, considering Kirito just instantly counterattacks back after an attack); Attack Reflection; Absorption (absorbs damage); Probability Manipulation (? Dunno about this either, since it says an attack will never miss); aggro increase/decrease (dunno how this works in an actual battle); Life Steal; Durability Negation; Impossible to see when enemies use sound or sight when sneaking (Invisibility? Stealth Mastery? Sense manip?); And finally Status Effect Inducement via a loooot of Skills.

Input?

(Also I think it's pretty safe to add the Outside System Skills to their irl keys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back