• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really tough one to think about but I think round one would go to Gilgamesh due to his range advantage with fairly high-diff, and the second round to Meliodas low-diff since the King of Heroes' durability is only mountain level, and Mel's large mountain level attacks come out pretty rapidly and casually.

EDIT: Also, could anyone say if Meliodas would be able to full-counter Enuma Elish? I think he would but I don't know too much about how it works.

I dropped NNT so how many times can Meliodas resurrect? Cause that and Gilgamesh's personality is the only reason round 1 isn't a stomp.

Round 1: Sword spam is to much for Meliodas and Gilgamesh has weapon in Babylon that can negate natural Regenerationn (Ex. Gáe Bolg and Harpe).

Round 2: Meliodas stomps because his AP is high 7-A vs Gilgamesh's 7-A durability. Gilgamesh possibly wouldn't use Ea anyway given his personality.

Meliodas seems to keep being resurrected by the Demon King whether Mel wants to or not. His resurrections tend to not really matter though, since it takes such a long time (about a month IIRC) that the battle is considered finished if he dies once.

I mean, sure Enuma Elish is haxxed and all, but if it falls under something Meliodas can counter, it could work. After all, it's not about what the attack does, but what it's made of or falls under.

Would magical sword spam count as something Melodius can full counter?

As for countering Enuma Elish... I'm iffy. On one hand its a magical attack using Prana I'm pretty sure, and full counter is meant to be able to reflect any magical attack. On the other hand, its a magical attack that rips apart space time and returns everything to its origin and applies the concept of death to what it hits. I'm not certain if Melodius could full counter that.

Swords are not made of energy or anything, so I think not.

Yeah, the Enuma Elish stuff is sort of complicated. Maybe if it hits Meliodas before he attempts to use Full Counter, he wouldn't be able to counter it like he did to King's disaster. But since it's a magical attack, Meliodas can probably counter it if it doesn't hit him. Dunno.

Yeah, yeah. Enuma Elish still falls under a magical attack. Returning stuff to its origin and all that stuff only happens when it hits the opponent. All I'm saying is Meliodas has a chance to counter it if the attack doesn't hit him, though it's debatable of course.

I'd like to add, demons in the NNT verse have some pretty nice Regenerationn. After Escanor sliced Galan in half, he regenerated. Estarossa almost got vaporized, but he managed to regen too. And now that Mel is (w/o demon mark) at the same power level as Estarossa at full power, he's quite a bit stronger. He can also fly via black matter, and does have some ranged attacks (like the one in his fight vs King, or kami chigiri).

Tbh, probably an even fight. Both go down. Btw, he has fought something that manipulates spacetime. Cursed chains of enmity. Not the same type of deal, but similar group I guess. The thing is, with speed equalized, Mel loses the only quantifiable advantage he has. I mean, he does have other stuff, but in terms of stats, that's it really. Hax is another story tho.

Bad idea to reflect Ea honestly. He'll probably be brutalized. Regardless no refutals have been made on both so I also side with Gilgamesh winning the first round and Meliodas on the second.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Gilgamesh has stuff that negate Regenerationn so that part doesn't matter.
He negates normal Regenerationn, while Mel regens via black matter -> "cannot be healed with natural Regenerationn." That's his only regen counter - via the Gae Bolg.

I'm still not fully sure why Meliodas can't reflect it. Everything it does is after it connects with the opponent. Meliodas was shown countering an attack that already hit him (I think that's what happened with Disaster?). He wouldn't be able to do that to Enuma Elish, but why would the attack do anything to him if it doesn't connect with him?

@Thunderclap

He has weapons like Gae Bolg, Gae Buidhe, and Harpe in his arsenal.

Gae Bolg renders it impossible to heal via natural means.

Gae Buidhe renders it impossible to heal at all, as the World conceptualizes it as having "already healed", which is described as "lowering the maximum HP of the target".

Harpe removes the "undying" attribute of immortals and prevents any kind of natural healing.

I don't think Ea can be fully classified under a Magic attack. It uses wind pressure to create spatial rifts.

On the contrary I doubt Meliodas is immortal. Immortality and respawning is a bit different imo.

And from what BFF says.. he may have a point... though it might be the case of it affecting both.

Gae Bolg I'm confused by. So that means if you have a band-aid or something like a medicine to accelerate healing it would be fine? Just clarifying.

He has type 1 immortality, Regenerationn as long as he has at least one of his seven hearts, and resurrection at the cost of his empathy.

I don't think Gil has anything that could negate Mel's resurrection, as that is neither healing, nor natural (its the demon king's curse), but it takes too long for Mel to resurrect for it to be useful in a vsbattle

Okay this is definitely happening. None of the msgs here are popping up on my message feed despite me not touching the "Mark all as read" button.

And pretty much all of those.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
On the contrary I doubt Meliodas is immortal. Immortality and respawning is a bit different imo.
And from what BFF says.. he may have a point... though it might be the case of it affecting both.

Gae Bolg I'm confused by. So that means if you have a band-aid or something like a medicine to accelerate healing it would be fine? Just clarifying.
He has immortality via curse. It just takes him longer to respawn if all his hearts were destroyed - which instantly kills every demon no matter what (other than the obvious - immortality).

@Reppuzan

Yeah but would he be able to damage him? He can basically not get hurt in general via manipulating black matter. (see the 1st time he went on a rampage for that) and only a severe buff from Hendrickson made it possible - he got overwhelmed by a higher tier. On the same tier, you just kinda can't injure him. He could maybe wait till Mel drains his stamina tho.

Besides, none of those are "natural". Demon regen, maybe is. But the curse, nope. Natural means that he's born with it, that it's completely normal. Wouldn't be a curse otherwise. I may be talking outta my ass, as I haven't seen how exactly it works in a while.

He can also re-attach his limbs via black matter, what technically isn't Regenerationn (definition of the word Regenerationn - re, as in again, generation - creation of something, eg energy, additional limbs and the common). In any case, he's immortal if he has any hearts left.

One thing we should consider is Revenge counter. He stacks up damage, and basically unleashes it all - the more it hurts him the more it hurts you. I'd like to point out, when he was fighting Hendrickson when he turned into a Grey Demon, it was enough to one-shot him basically. So his power level had to be at least higher than 5800. When he fought against the 10 commandments, Gowther stated it was (over?) 30 times higher than vs Hendrickson. So at least 174,000. I'd like to point out that Estarossa, who is a Tier 6-C character would basically evaporate if he didn't use his commandment, along with every other commandment around there. His power level is around 60,000, so the attack was about 3x stronger than he is.

Someone could probably make a graph that shows how much their striking strength increases with power level. On that note, why is lowest-tier Meliodas small city level? He should be higher - he split a mountain with a fcking stick. Not even a sword or demon mark (maybe someone should make an upgrade post about this).

Okay, so all I'm seeing is Gilgamesh for Round 1 and Meliodas for Round 2. So I'll just count everything as inconclusive.

Actually I'd say Gil takes both rounds because he won't hesitate to go all out due to bloodlust.

Also @Burning you have a message on your wall dude -_-

ScarletFirefly said:
Actually I'd say Gil takes both rounds because he won't hesitate to go all out due to bloodlust.
Also @Burning you have a message on your wall dude -_-
That's the thing, he hits him once and if Mel survives which he will because he wouldn't know about 7 demon hearts, he's dead due to revenge counter.

@Thunderclap

It's nice that Meliodas can split through mountains with a stick (I've read the manga from the beginning, so I know), but Gil's axes can tear through space and he has swords that are larger than mountains (heck, one's even explicitly called "The Mountain-Felling Sword"). You don't need to lecture me about what Meliodas is capable of.

His Demonic Regen wouldn't work as a result of Harpe and Gae Bolg. Gae Buidhe would stop any and all healing period, as even Irisviel's healing magecraft couldn't help Saber. The World registers it as "already healed" and thus you can't heal it any further.

Revenge Counter involves an absurd amount of set up time, and that's assuming Meliodas doesn't get skewered to death from all sides, pinned to the ground, or torn asunder by Gil's many haxed weapons. Furthermore, Revenge Counter requires Meliodas to lower his defenses and take every attack. He'll probably die to the Gate of Babylon first.

Revenge counter takes time depending on how much damage he takes. If he takes damage that could take down a mountain in 10 minutes, it will be 10 minutes. If it takes 10 miliseconds, it will be 10 miliseconds. That doesn't mean he has to lower defense. He just has to not use magic power. And even without it he's in a good shape.

The thing is, if he just uses Lostvayne's thing that makes illusions of himself and Gil wouldn't be able to detect which one is real but alrighty. I won't even bother trying to explain that how you are implying those weapons work is bullshit (because then he could just take out ******* Tier 4s but alright).

In any case he could use counter vanish, what removes every magical power directed towards him. Besides, he can nullify regen too, and turn Gil into a crisp sandwich in the meantime (the flames he uses are hot, ye). I mean, Mel held his own against 9 others that are as powerful or even more overpowered than he is, while he was tired from fighting Gloxinia and Dolor.

Besides, lore-wise, does Gil even get to use his timespace bulshittery in the FS/N or F/Z period? Because spatial manipulation is bigtime hax, and "most" low tiers dont have that kind of powers. Might be some ass-pulling there but then again I'm old I get to do that.

Just a note, that sword can cleave through a forest but there has been no mention of it being the size of a mountain. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Ig-Alima I'm pretty sure the title just means it's a casual mountain cleavage.

And pretty sure Meliodas can take a numerous amount of hits from the Gates of Babylon to set up for Revenge Counter anyway.

And nope he doesn't somehow. Makes us wonder why there are no spatial rips throughout Fuyuki City.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Just a note, that sword can cleave through a forest but there has been no mention of it being the size of a mountain. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Ig-Alima I'm pretty sure the title just means it's a casual mountain cleavage.
And pretty sure Meliodas can take a numerous amount of hits from the Gates of Babylon to set up for Revenge Counter anyway.

And nope he doesn't somehow. Makes us wonder why there are no spatial rips throughout Fuyuki City.
His tiers should be checked once again. That's basically like giving omnipotence to a tier 1b or smth. A high tier hax shouldn't be paired with a low tier character.

Hax is never restricted to a particular tier. By definition hax abilities are absurdly powerful proportional to the tier's relative strength.

Yes, they are much more common in higher tiers, but we have haxxed low tier characters as well.

Yeah, but that kind of shennanigans should be quantified in the tier too. Because you could theoretically have someone in tier 10 who can take out a tier 0 in that case.

That's impossible. Tier 0s are above any and all concepts, including space and damage. In essence they are impossible to defeat since even the concrpt of defeat doesn't apply due to their transcendence.

All in all, like it or not, Gil can cut through space. He slso has shields tough enough to withstand the force of Excalibur without taking damsge.

Reppuzan said:
That's impossible. Tier 0s are above any and all concepts, including space and damage. In essence they are impossible to defeat since even the concrpt of defeat doesn't apply due to their transcendence.
All in all, like it or not, Gil can cut through space. He slso has shields tough enough to withstand the force of Excalibur without taking damsge.
I know they can't, but I was just trying to prove a point. They can theoretically defeat someone who's a much higher tier than they are via hax, and that's why that should be considered a bit system-breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back