• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaten Discussion Thread I: Now on iOS

Hst master said:
Personally I'm waiting for SMTV to come out to truely get into SMT(and buy a switch). My only experience is Persona 3, Dx2, and the occasional YouTube walkthrough on SMT IV Apocalypse.
You should check out the Devil Survivor games if you get the chance, they're what got me into SMT and are genuinely some of the best games I've ever played.

Yobo Blue said:
BTW, for games like SMT DeSu, do we assume that stats are game mechanics or do we use them? Since their stats determine what skills they can use.
Stats themselves would probably be considered game mechanics, the skills each character can learn however, wouldn't, iirc everyone but the MCs have a set cap for each stat, just use that to determinate what skills they can learn.

Also, what tier do we think the early game Septentriones (Dubhe and Merak, maybe Phecda as well) would be? They'd have to be 8-C at the very least, right? Because they were going to destroy the towers.

Another thing, what would Benetnasch's Pacify Human ability be considered? It nulls any attempt to damage it from humans.

I have all the Septentriones and Triangulum at Low 2-C due to basically being threats that are consistently portrayed as more dangerous than your average demon, in the case of Alioth the squad needed an exceptionally strong demon to strike it out of the sky with and he was still able to fight afterwards. Since septentriones logically shouldn't be too far apart I feel its fine to scale that to the others as well.

The Divine Phoenix said:
Another thing, what would Benetnasch's Pacify Human ability be considered? It nulls any attempt to damage it from humans.
Invulnerability and Power Null as Yobo said, but i'd also like to note that Alcor states any being that even takes a humanoid form is fair game as far as the ability is concerned, with this being further proven by the fact that he himself can't damage it either.

I think Low 2-C is a bit of a stretch. Dub he is more or less a shit Tier demon without its defenses, so it's likely 8-C with Low 2-C dura at best.

Was Dubhe actually part of Megrez originally? Yeah, the things Megrez spawns look similar, but they act differently and Dubhe is its own unique thing, it wouldn't make much sense for one of the Septentriones to be part of another.

While not quite treated as fodder, I doubt Dubhe is any higher than 8-C in AP, as it should be comparable to early game demons. Low 2-C dura might be a possibility though.

The Divine Phoenix said:
Was Dubhe actually part of Megrez originally? Yeah, the things Megrez spawns look similar, but they act differently and Dubhe is its own unique thing, it wouldn't make much sense for one of the Septentriones to be part of another.
It was outright stated that Dubhe was just a matured version of Megrez' buds

Was it? I forget, as I said before, haven't played the game in a while. I thought they speculated that Dubhe might be a grown up Megrez bud, but it was never explicitly stated. IMO it doesn't make much sense for that to be the case.

Anyway, being spikes aren't really indicative of the strength of the being they originate from, unless we're giving Batman 4-B Batarangs via cutting Doomsday's spikes or [insert counteless examples of it in fiction] in the first place.

I mean, the Megrez buds you fight when fighting Megrez itself are comparable to Megrez itself. If anything, they're stronger than Dubhe, which makes the notion of it being a matured bud seem quite ridiculous and, as you said, makes the scaling very unusual.

I mean, going by gameplay, I doubt they're comparable, but yeah, very funky scaling is more or less unavoidable if we use that justification.

The Megami Tensei Wikia doesn't always have the best pictures. Try surfing around the internet a bit to see if you can find any better.

Back