• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaten Discussion Thread I: Now on iOS

I already mentioned this, but I really prefer the law dynamic in DeSu. It helps that Remiel isn't a dick to everyone in existence too.

DeSu 2 was one of the only games in which Chaos was actually good, and that's only because Hotsuin just wanted a meritocracy and not outright chaos. So chaos is literally bad unless its not actually chaos ig

If Yamato is Chaos then what is Alcor? Alcor fits the usual Chaos theme a bit better imo. Yamato is just somewhere in between.

Also, regarding Law, while YHVH seems to be less bad in DeSu, he ends up being just as bad in Overclocked for several reasons, like when he is heavy implied to have set up the whole Cain and Abel thing on purpose, as well as having Remiel prepare God's Thunder to nuke the world.

Yobo Blue said:
Antagonizing people isn't chaos though.
I mean, yeah, but the Chaos faction is generally the one trying to topple the being in charge, in this case Polaris and Alcor fits with that.

That's still a better portrayal than in other series, especially considering all the shit that went down in DeSu

The Divine Phoenix said:
Isn't that just really potent Power Absorption? They already have that listed, at least Shining One does.
I'm just saying the specifics should be listed. Also, Skill Crack can also be considered power copy since Canopus doesn't necessarily lose the factors

The four prime factors aren't just the concepts of what they are, I personally believe they were portrayed in the story as quite literally governing all things in the Akashic Records even outside their concepts. The notion of attacking canopus when he had them was compared to trying to burn fire with more fire, because the very fact that they existed meant they were governed by the factors.

Considering the fact that even Administrators (who are depicted as inferior to the factors) could affect conceptless voids and all, I would even argue that the factors' effects even extend to nonexistence.

They do. I'll expand on that in a bit. But if I'm remembering correct, The Four Prime Factors are almost as OP as the covenant

The important things that you missed are that the four prime factors aren't just the four concepts, at least not when put together. Fighting them is difficult because they are everything. The whole reason why Canopus is invulnerable is because "you can't burn fire with fire", but it's in Canopus' case "you can't do anything to everything", and since anything can be countered, something that is everything will always counter you. Considering the context of these statements, this also applies to things such as the void. So, basically, Canopus has resistance to more or less everything in SMT that isn't Observation level, and ignores durability and resistances of others with the Four Prime factors because he encompasses things/concepts like fire and water to, as those things are merely derivative of the Four Prime Factors.

This also applies to everyone who copied it.

That seems to make sense, I haven't played the game in a good while so I didn't remember those statements as my 3DS broke a while ago. That's pretty damn strong.

Canopus and all other prime factor users should also probably have Type 1 Abstract Existence for that reason.

Canopus doesn't exist purely as an abstraction though, it has a physical body, it seems to fulfill some criteria for Type 1, but not all of them.

I think it partially exists as a abstraction, or that part of it is abstraction, or that it encompasses abstractions. Take your pick.

Type 1 requires lacking a true physical form though, which Canopus does have, as the party doesn't have to destroy the thing he embodies across all of Existence just to get rid of him, just the body.

Back