• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaten Discussion Thread I: Now on iOS

Let me see if I have scans before you start complaining

Not like everybody and their mother in SMT can't hit abstracts already tho

The One True Smurf...

JBW, there's someone at the door.

I don't have any issues with it, though I don't think the pictures of the Factors in the gallery are necessary anymore.

The Divine Phoenix said:
Type 1 requires lacking a true physical form though, which Canopus does have, as the party doesn't have to destroy the thing he embodies across all of Existence just to get rid of him, just the body.
In DeSu 2 the squad literally stole the factors from Canopus before they even saw him, his broken abstract-ness was gone by the time they first saw him so who knows tbh

Alternatively, the skill crack they use for the Abstract Existence is Power Absorption and normal Skill Crack is Power Copy.

Yobo Blue said:
The important things that you missed are that the four prime factors aren't just the four concepts, at least not when put together. Fighting them is difficult because they are everything. The whole reason why Canopus is invulnerable is because "you can't burn fire with fire", but it's in Canopus' case "you can't do anything to everything", and since anything can be countered, something that is everything will always counter you. Considering the context of these statements, this also applies to things such as the void. So, basically, Canopus has resistance to more or less everything in SMT that isn't Observation level, and ignores durability and resistances of others with the Four Prime factors because he encompasses things/concepts like fire and water to, as those things are merely derivative of the Four Prime Factors.

This also applies to everyone who copied it.
Iirc, it means in specific that Canopus blows are always hitting with "everything" that exists in DeSu2, which means all of his powers hit simultaneously more or less. No wonder the dude was unbeatable otherwise.

Nah. Basically, the way Angy describes it, it's because you're fighting everything in existence, so if you were fire that would include water so it would get doused, and that each of his attacks has the properties of "the world".

In the respect that they have broken passive defensive hax that's so good it makes up for a lack of regen and all

And by collab on a CRT I meant like we'd botg gather scans so that nothing would be missed when it's made

Yeah. I updated the blog btw, so I think you can decide if that still applies.

I have no issue with that. Both DeSu's need a lot of work here.

2 things

I'm beginning to work on revised SMT:DeSu2 pages

And

No one would have a issue with me creating a Arcturus page, would they?

It's probably good you do. Since it makes it easier to understand certain characters' scale like Miyako. Also couldn't The Anguished One possibly considered 2-A at the start since he's fought after Beezlebub?

Starter Pack said:
When are we getting SMT Bayonetta from DX2 on here? Ovo </div>
I know your comment is a joke, but I'll awser your question anyways:

If like Ultima said in another thread, Dx2 demons aren't real demons (which even if he has yet to post the reasons, I can already see why), then probably not because the game lacks feats.

If Dx2 demons are the real thing, then still, I would have no concrete idea what to scale her to. In this case Dx2 Dante, Nero and V would be 2-A though.

Funnily enough, the Bayonetta event may actually confirm them to be real, as both she and Rodin stated that the special field which the demons get summoned into resembles Purgatorio, which is how they're able to interact with each other.

Also, the Angel species of demons were relentless against them during that event, for obvious reasons. Not related, but I thought it was fun.

BTW, for games like SMT DeSu, do we assume that stats are game mechanics or do we use them? Since their stats determine what skills they can use.

Personally I'm waiting for SMTV to come out to truly get into SMT(and buy a switch). My only experience is Persona 3, Dx2, and the occasional YouTube walkthrough on SMT IV Apocalypse.

EDIT: Also I'm 90% Sure P5S is just the periodical Licensed Dynasty Warriors game.

Back