• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaten Discussion Thread I: Now on iOS

Technically, the Endless War route could still have them keep the factors as well, though I agree that the Administrator one should definitely keep them.

Isn't there a story reason for YHVH not showing up in the Persona games? I haven't played any of them so I couldn't say, but I think Sera mentioned something like that.

YHVH literally cannot be a Persona or an Administrator. Any MegaTen fan at least somewhat knowledgeable in Persona would know that Personas are the manifestation of one's heart. Who's deepest desire is to be an absolute totalitarian monotheistic God?? Yaldy already was introduced as the "people's desire for law". So YHVH is purposefully kept out of Persona. He's mainline big boss.

Not to mention YHVH isn't even a fuse-able demon in the mainline games he's in. There is a legit reason for that as well. I'm fact the only playable Godly race character is the Ancient of Days in SMT 4 DLC. Persona exists as a lesser scale SMT.

Nice, A thread of SMT.

In the future game (V), we will see a super complex worldwide Philosofical, schools and religion concepts as the Ain Soph Aur, Taiji, etc?.

Also, for everyone, maybe there is a possibility that they not only expand more the mythology, bibliography, compendium of the demons, but that they can use their higher interpretations according to the beliefs, doctrines that currently exist in-game? You know.., as an example the cthulhu mytos Cosmology adapt to SMT?

@DMB 1 I mean, exploring more the characters/Cosmos/Concept and expand more the Compendium and how its portraited in game.

Also, who is the Most faitful Demon in SMT and the Worst? i mean in Dedign.

And i dont Cellphone so, how is SMT DX2? in story, plot, characters, development, gameplay, etc?

The plot is meh, though it can get kinda cool at times.

The characters aren't that special, but they are very quirky and all ahve their own personality.

The gameplay is good though, as it combines a general mobile RPG/Gacha fighting mechanincs with the Press-Turn system very well.

Getting those higher star demons is another story though...

Is DX2 worth checking out? I've heard it portrays the SMT combat well, but I'm worried it might be full of the usual mobile game trappings.

Getting started at the game is quite simple, as it is very generous at the beginning and rewards the player quite well.

That, however, cannot be said for the later parts of the game:

• Gacha is this game's Achille's heel: the rates for 4* and 5* demons are painfully low, and while gems, later in the game (when you are at a certain level of competence and "power") become easier to get, it dioesn't help much, and the fact that there are a lot of Gacha-only demons, and that they tend to be basically overpowered (just... F*ck Masakado) is also a pain. You'll occasionally get lucky and pull a 5* or even a gacha only demon (or both), but the guy when spends money on the game will always have some sort of advanatge.
  • Fusion is an interesting mechaninc, where you can fuse demons that you already have to get new and/or more powerful ones would counterbalance the gacha nightmare... If the prices weren't so damn high. Prepare to farm a lot in the Aura Gate/s.
  • Multiplayer is a b*tch: get ready to find very strong people as soon as you win the first few matches, and trust me, they will own you. Eventually, you'll get good and have a good party, and while the "gemmers" will have potent gacha demons, there will always be a way to counter them, even with regular demons.
  • The daily rewards are getting lower (for some reason).
  • There are some cheap RNG-based boss battles, but those are optional.
Overall, can you get good at this game even if you don't spend money on it? Absolutely, just like I did, but prepare to invest quite a bit of time on it. The combat is still the best thing this game has about it.

If it has classic SMT combat, it's worth it to me, too many mobile games dumb down the combat too much (Looking at you FEH, I might actually have gotten into that if it played like a proper Fire Emblem game), cheap boss battles are nothing new for this series though. I'll look into it when I have more free time, it seems like the mobile game trappings aren't nearly as bad they could be. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I can concur on that. Dx2 is a fantastic SMT game. There's only one game I've been playing more than that on my tablet, and that's Dragalia Lost.

Oh, and even if it's probably a minor thing, I forgot to say that the graphics for this game and the various demons' 3D models are pretty darn impressive, especially for a mobile game.

I have 2 question:

1. why here the DLCMessiahs in the Diamond Realm is not canon? without the excuse of "fanservice"

2. The Reason of Chaika in SMT3 is the start for the DDS cosmos?

To answer your questions:

1. Its because Kazuya(Neutral SMT 1 Hero) was there before even reached 2-C and was still at the point he could be killed by ICBMs and somehow fought evenly among all of them. (Not to mention making 2-As 1-C would be messy for the verse in general if we started to somehow demons like base Lucifer on the same level which would be a contradiction to the 1-C feats with transcending the whole verse and all)

2. And no. Besides the boss fight and odd Amala Drums on the final boss Nocturne and DDS don't really have anything in specific to do with each other.

I mean, the only reason Demi-Fiend was sent there was because he got rekt by Lucifer after beating Kagutsuchi. He would never logically keep up with a Full-Power Stephen

Back