• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Pokemon upgrade

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So, the only reasons Megas scaled to Mega Abomasnow rather than Mega Tyranitar was because of the concept of Pseudo Legendaries. Now that SD kinda...killed that concept, Aiden brought it up to me that it would probably be best if we just scaled them all to M-Tyranitar. It's consistent, as the idea that Tyranitar being the sole god-tier of all non-legendaries was very fishy. It doesn't change anything other than Megas, except making base Abomasnow one of the reasons for 7-B high tiers, and changes Shuckle's durability.

I disagree with scaling them to Tyranitar because it would contraddict the training scaling. Let's make an example a trainer mega evolves his pokemon at roughtly at the mid-game if it will be scaled from a Pokemon which is used by the Elite 4 or Champion it will be mean that he is on their category and that does make no sense, it's like saying that first fight Maxie is comparable to the strongest trainers when he is not. Lastly the concept of 7-A Mega Beedril makes me laugh.

I was trying to put a new scaling for all the trainers since the new changes about Pokemon and it was turning out to be very well and i was going to put the at least Mountain level only for the champions since Blue was superior to Lance, who had a 7-A Dragonite and Lance for having a Mega-Metagross. With this revisions every trainers that has a mega pokemon will receive a tabber with the script With Mega and that means that even a weak trainer with mega evolved pokemon can reach champion level and seems illogical to me.

You seem to not be considering the fact that champions could just be higher up on the 7-A scale by virtue of being stronger than these "weak" trainers.

This doesn't seem too bad. Plus the likes of Champions can just be stronger. I mean it wouldn't really be inconsistent. Plus most trainers who have Mega Pokemon are extremely skilled trainers.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This doesn't seem too bad. Plus the likes of Champions can just be stronger. I mean it wouldn't really be inconsistent. Plus most trainers who have Mega Digimo are extremely skilled trainers.
Um...

Trained pokemon are always going to be superior in some way to wild pokemon.

Like, something like Ninjask being used on a post game team.

Also, like I said, mega scale to mega, base scales to base.

Diantha is stronger than Lysandre, but her team naturally is not stronger than his mega (Except said, she was VASTLY ABYSALY stronger)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This doesn't seem too bad. Plus the likes of Champions can just be stronger. I mean it wouldn't really be inconsistent. Plus most trainers who have Mega Digimo are extremely skilled trainers.
I feel... Insulted.

If i think about it his scaling seems fine because a similar thing happens in Colosseum/XD where there are shadow pokemon, which are stated to be much stronger than their normal version [These are the dark counterpart to megas because it shuts down their hearts where that is required in order mega evolve them]. In these games the trainers party pokemons are weaker than the shadow pokemon that they possess because it's oblivious to say that Shadow Metagross and Shadow Tyranitar are much superior to Shadow Entei, Suicune and Raikou.

I didn't make Gardevoir's page, I don't think. Anyway, fae is another way to say fairy, like pachyderm is elephant and ursa is bear.

@Cal

Yeah, but Pixiliate makes Normal Type moves Fairy Types, but the pages talk something about physical attacks, which Gardevoir.... Doesn't really use.

About Z-Moves, they weren't stated as if, so Simply adding "High with ----" should be the best (For specific Z-Moves only)

Btw, I performed the upgrades.

Speaking of Mega Evolutions, how are we gonna handle Mega Audino?

AidenBrooks999 said:
Shouldn't Hydreigon scale from Volcarona?.
Seems fine, but what we will do for the one that Ghetsis has since it is underleved [54], same from Aarene from Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire trainer, who has an underleved Flygon [23], through with recent downgrade i don't know how to scale the trainers.

Call them cheaters and rate them anyways.

I mean, Lance has underleveled Dragonites, but since lvl are game mechanics, it doesn't matter.

Wouldn't we still scale Megas to Abomasnow as a low end, similar to how OPM does it?

Additionally, considering how base Tyranitar is superior to all the pokemon, wouldn't that also suggest mega variations would have a similar gap?

Why not? Megas could vary in strength, an option I think everyone is forgetting.

Yeah, if there is evidence to scale it to base tyranitar sure.

Also, just thought of something but shouldn't all final 2nd evolved pokemon scale off of Abomasnow?

Did you guys already upgrade most of the megas?

I'm uncertain where to scale the Megas. Yes. Snover can be evolved during the time that you can fight Candice, so it should be scaled to the pokemon of that evolves on that period, which is after the mid-game and it doesn't scale to pokemon that are easily evolved after the first fight with Giovanni in Kanto, which happens in the mid-game like Tentacool.

Actually, I do feel like we could scale the tier 7 Pokémon off of Abomasnow, Gyarados' statement, some Z Moves (I feel like Snorlax's, the Pikachu ones, and the general fire one could get tier 7 values) and the move Eruption for a solid 7-B tier, but it might be better to keep them where they are right now.

As a matter of fact, did anyone try calcing the storm clouds brought in by the move Thunder?

Back