• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Pokemon upgrade

I mean you do know only 2 people agreed with the upgrade (3 if we count Dark but his reasoning doesn't make sense), and I already pointed out that "At least 7-B" would be better, untill "At least 7-A" becomes more consistent as it could come from variation in power.

Really? I don't see Ever agreeing here for some reason? And again, pointing out Dark's logic doesn't make sense.

Do I have to bring out the fact that other than them being Mega's they have nothing that connects them, at all? Even if we have 10 staff agree, we need an accurate reasoning for it. It would be like scaling from the merit that a Pokemon is a Dark type or by being a shadow pokemon. With Abomasnow scaling, we could at least say that Abomasnow was a Mega of a pokemon who is comparable to them in base, where as Tyranitar doesn't.

Abomasnow is above them, being 7-B while everyone else is 7-C, likely 7-B via scaling to Gyarados, Ampharos, Charizard, and Eruption. And you personally killed the concept of Tyranitar having a reason of being above everything (Pseudo status) (No, I'm not salty about that. Probably could've been better worded). It's the same reasoning as Abomasnow.

Thing is, the likely 7-B comes from it being suprisely consistent no? At least 7-A is only something for one mega pokemon, whose base has feats much higher than everyone else.

Yeah, due to pokemon's wonky scaling and lack of evidence suggesting otherwise, its a weird god tier amoung normal pokemon.

Then why are we scaling it to most as likely 7-B for the rest, but not for him?

SomebodyData said:
Really? I don't see Ever agreeing here for some reason? And again, pointing out Dark's logic doesn't make sense.
Do I have to bring out the fact that other than them being Mega's they have nothing that connects them, at all? Even if we have 10 staff agree, we need an accurate reasoning for it. It would be like scaling from the merit that a Pokemon is a Dark type or by being a shadow pokemon. With Abomasnow scaling, we could at least say that Abomasnow was a Mega of a pokemon who is comparable to them in base, where as Tyranitar doesn't.
I have to agree with this on the fact that the idea is to scale Mega Pokemon who have little connection other than being able to Mega Evolve.

And no wild Pokemon can Mega Evolve without having the proper Mega Stone & "bonding" with a trainer anyway. For one, it's unlikely, but some Pokemon may benefit more or less from bonding or be more or less able to harness Mega Stone energy.

Perhaps arguably more concrete evidence is that not all Megas are necessarily equal. Besides the differences in power before being Mega Evolved, meaning they may not all gain the same level of strength once evolved, there's Alain.

Yes yes, he's Kalos Champion, but he beat Ash to get that title, & with 6 Pokemon.

In Mega Evolution Special IV, he's tasked to, alongside just his Mega Charizard X, beat 10 other trainers with Mega Pokemon. He beats at least 8 of them, even if just barely.

Supposedly, he fights a 9th, but I couldn't find which Pokemon in the article. Anyway, they are: Venusaur, Alakazam, Heracross, Scizor, Ampharos, Aggron, Pinsir, Banette.

All of them Mega Evolved & presumably owned by good trainers, some even giving him a challenge. And then Alain beats Malva's Mega Houndoom. Malva is one of the Elite Four.

Either that's PIS, or the anime wants to tell us Mega Charizard is better. That or some Megas just aren't as good as others, or there's a severe difference in how much they're trained.

Also supporting Mega Inequality besides how different the hax, & behaviour of such Pokemon are is them having different feats, even if it's in base.

With all that in mind, I find scaling Megas to one another questionable.

Bump

I'm obligated to downgrade the profiles since this thread was never finished, I'd rather not if it turns out this is accuarate.

In order words, since I know most of the members of this thread should be able to see this and are active, if no one responds in a day, I will be forced to downgrade all the profiles that were changed, and there really should be no complaints.

Personally I don't see a problem with Mega scaling to Mega T-tar seeing as I've had issues with T-tar being the strongest non-legendary for awhile. But I'd say at least scale Mega's to Base T-tar if scaling to Mega T-tar does not work.

No offense, but no, you're really not obligated. What you're doing is the equivalent of me saying "If no one replies on this Goku isn't universal downgrade, then I'm forced to downgrade everyone in Supen and no one should have the right to complain."

Actually, you should re-read the rules, upgrading or downgrading character profiles without the conclusion of a thread is not only something that breaks the rules, but something we have to revert, even if we agree with them.

Difference between this and that Goku thread, is that Goku wasn't upgraded with a thread.

Thread was concluded for the most part, until you intervened. Only reason this is still open after Aiden saying the thing about Lance's Dragonites is that I forgot to close it. I obviously am not against your intervention, as you my bro, and even if I were I couldn't do anything about it, but don't say it's been a hung thread.

Uh, you literally pointed out there were 5 votes for the upgrade a while back (Though I counted four, one of which had strange / not understandable reasoning, so technically 3), when 7 is the amount needed to conclude a thread...

Really? Where there has to be some requirement, as far as I'm aware. When did Ever say he agreed with the upgrades again then? And do you understand Dark's logic here, because it seems that Ever also doesn't understand it.

Ever was against Dark when Dark was against it (double negative equals positive), not when he changed his mind.

Though, as you're aware of now, this is likely gonna become irrelevant.

yeah, because his logic made no sense. he again mentions this after Dark changed his mind actually.

yeah lol

When an upgrade thread you made becomes irrelevant because of another bigger upgrade thread you made....ovo

hum .. but if mega evolution can make a 7-B a 7-A, shouldn't tyrannitar that is already 7-A become at least a high 7-A when he mega evolves ?

Back