• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kirby is too easy for the most part (the parts that are actually hard have little to no replay value), the platforming itself requires no skill as you can as well just float across the whole place (except in the 3D games and very specific level segments, but still), in accessibility Mario beats Kirby by having games across all Nintendo platforms, even the Virtual Boy, and the music is debatable, as Kirby has memorable ones, but so does Mario overall.

Mega Man X is what got me into this franchise tbh. I love the X series and the Zero series very much, I love the Mega Man franchise in general but I treasure what the X series has done.

@Bobsican And Mario isn't? And you telling me the True Arena/The Ultimate Choice ain't replayable? Yeah ok. I wasn't talking about skill when it comes to platforming. Like when you get a powerup in Mario, it just feels like a shield and one power you use to defend yourself. No variety and no versatility. It sucks. At least the copy abilities feel different and has loads of variety in moves. They are like fighting game characters and I like that in which makes the game so much fun. The Virtual Boy is ass you and I know that. Plus the average gamer probably forgot it even existed. So that really ain't much a point. And since Kirby is easy and is better in the multiplayer aspect, it beats Mario in accessibility. Mario is for incels who still lives the hype of the 1980s.

They get stale quickly, at least after a few completions of those.

As for difficulty, it varies, but for the most part it is balanced.

Yes, I can see how fun it can be to have a great variety of moves and all, but the RPG games at least also bring Mario to variety,

As for the accessibility, well, that isn´t really relevant to the games themselves, otherwise you could argue that Tetris is better than everything only for its accesibility, or that Mother 3 sucks only because it never got officially in America.

As for the multiplayer, Mario games actually don´t really punish you too much if your friend plays terribly (like just jumping to bottomless pits and so on), meaning that it´s more accessible if we go by that.

@Violet: Don't want to be meddlesome, but pipe down a bit, you take it way too personally whenever someone critiques or doesn't like something you do, and the rants on how much other things suck and how their fans are misguided in one way or another are completely uncalled for. If you hate A, B or C, that's prefectly fine, it's your opinion, but don't turn the Megaman thread into a rant on it.

@Godhand: Share the love for the X series, dude! Especially X1 take down and X4, IMHO, felt as really worthy successors of Classic Mega and his great legacy. Same for the Zero series in many ways.

I´m an all lover Nintendo fan and all, and I personally think that this won´t go anywhere in the end, as I´m sure you´ll keep liking Kirby and all, which is totally fine.

I love playing Kirby more than Mario in fact, the discussion was about the OST itself, not the overall quality of the series itself.

Oh right, the Mario RPG I think are all composed by Yoko Shimomura as well.

Crush 40, they really hype up final battles, especially when Sonic goes super to kick ass.

Bobsican said:
They get stale quickly, at least after a few completions of those.
As for difficulty, it varies, but for the most part it is balanced.

Yes, I can see how fun it can be to have a great variety of moves and all, but the RPG games at least also bring Mario to variety,

As for the accessibility, well, that isn´t really relevant to the games themselves, otherwise you could argue that Tetris is better than everything only for its accesibility, or that Mother 3 sucks only because it never got officially in America.

As for the multiplayer, Mario games actually don´t really punish you too much if your friend plays terribly (like just jumping to bottomless pits and so on), meaning that it´s more accessible if we go by that.
I mean Mario does too but whatever lol

It's like playing Super Mario Run, but with a little more control. Which is ironic since that app came out after those games.

RPG=/=Platforming. Don't derail lol

It is kinda relevant. I mean you don't expect Guilty Gear being better than Smash right? Not just in popularity, but accessibility too. Just a thought.

The multiplayer in Mario tends to be rage inducing if your friend isn't as skillful as you. In Kirby since it's easy, who cares?

A little? The gap in difference is big enought, which is also how you can do very cool glitches.

Well, the Galaxy, Mario 1,3 and World, Yoshi´s Island (also including Story, DS, Woolly World and Crafted World, New Island sucks in that regard), Land 2 and Odyssey OSTs are pretty good.

Emulators take care about accesibility overall, if you´re that patient, however, otherwise, Mario technically has more accesibility and obviously popularity anyways (not that it turns Kirby worse by itself, however, look at Klonoa)

Mario Party and Mario Kart come to mind, but I couldn´t really play "actual" multiplayer until the Switch happened, as everyone else where I live really aren´t into Nintendo, playing Odyssey at school with a friend is actually more fun (Cappy can´t even die) than playing Star Allies in the same way.

Bobsican said:
Well, the Galaxy, Mario 1,3 and World, Yoshi´s Island (also including Story, DS, Woolly World and Crafted World, New Island sucks in that regard), Land 2 and Odyssey OSTs are pretty good.
No mention of Super Mario 64?

For shame...

Oh sorry, it´s just that Mario 64 doesn´t have that many music, but yes, Dire Dire Docks and Bomb-Omb Battlefield are beloved, for example.

Bowser's Road, Inside the Castle Walls, Hazy Maze Cave, Slide, Ultimate Koopa, Bomb Omb Battlefield, Metal Box, File Select, and Snow Mountain are all amazing themes.

On a Mega Man related topic, I got Elec Ma on here finally.

Now all we need is Guts Man and Bomb Man, and we'll have every Robot Master from the original Mega Man on the site.

Back