• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka's abilities

So for the longest time now, we have excluded from Medaka's kit abilites that she logically has/would have, but that she hasn't used or stated to have. However we already do that kind of thing with this guy. So that just feels like giving special treatment. So it would be just as legit to give Medaka abilities (that can be removed or added depending on the OP) and add a note on her profile for this. This would give Medaka

Hansode Shiranui's Real Eater, Zenkichi Hitoyoshi's Model Zenkichi and Devil Style, and several of Najimi Ajimu's skills most importantly:

• Parasite Seeing
  • Lip Service
  • Alibi Block
  • Dead Lock
  • Life Zero
  • Standing Ovation
  • Count Up
Furthermore it would grant Medaka, Kamome Tsurubami's Abnormality and Minus (Spinning Angler and Octopus Respectively) along with the tier. Maguro Kurokami's Analysis, Otome Yunomae's Liquid Type, Yutori Chikuzen's Hair Control and Yamami Tsurumisaki's Heat , Cyborgization/Superhuman Desire (Immense Willpower) from Koga.

While it would also obviously give her other ajimu skills and hanten's skill to make skills, those are useless as we don't know what they do, that's why we're sticking only to the ones which we know.

Why would she has Hundred Gauntlets and Lip Service? I don't remember her seeing or hearing about them.

However Ajimu said that she wanted to show to Medaka the skill which allowed to reduce the intelligence of people, so maybe this one can count.

did medaka saw ajimi using "give up down" and "lip serve" ? wasn't it not only used in the dream world when she trained zenkichi and to send them there ?

i'm more inclined to give medaka the option of using the 600 skill ajimu used to stomp the substitutes candidates of the wedding arc . that would be hilarious in joke match up .

Yeah Hundred Gauntlets and Give Up Down maybe no. But Lip Service, Kumagawa did explain the giving you her eyes to Zenkichi, when he had been revived. Medaka can copy from 2nd hand descriptions like that.

She wouldn't get Hundred Gauntlets and Give Up Down (although those aren't particularly important).

I'm pretty sure there's some other skills Medaka should get with this that you're missing, (like Kuudou Hinokage's Unknown Hero and Theme Song) but I'm too swamped with other stuff to look into it right now.

Actually, isn't it kind of a contradiction that Medaka could explicitly only go at light speed 3 times each day at a certain point in the series, despite her having witnessed Hinokage's Theme Song?

She already has UH and Theme Song on her profile (it was stated she copied them).

And i believe it was about going LS with her physical skill alone.

UH's only on her profile under her minuses section, and isn't in her P&A. Theme Song's only in the description of Kurokami Phantom Proper Version, and isn't on there otherwise when it should be.

No, she pretty explicitly used Theme Song to go lightspeed, or at least learned how to go lightspeed by seeing Theme Song, but could only do it three times a day.

True, I just had it mentally filed as an "addition" when I've thought about this issue before.

That'll take me a while, but sure.

Ye but her normal Kurokami Phantom isn't limited to three times a day. And she's simply mixing Theme Song and Observation which has no intuitive reason to be limited to three times a day. And it'd be pretty useful for her to use Theme Song without the "3 times a day limit".

But I guess this more falls under "Nisio is a hack" than "outright contradiction".

I would agree to Nisio is a hack, i mean she copies perfectly not worse, but i believe it still makes sense.

She's combining Kurokami Phantom with Theme Song which might add a Stamina limit because as we know she doesn't use her inf stamina stuff in character. Such as when she used Kurokami Final but she could only use it once she had died and used vibrations to get better.

Either that or Hinokage just has MASSIVE stamina and can move at that speed for far more, whereas Medaka has less stamina.

It can't really be the last thing. Hinokage's stamina feat is from fighting Medaka in middle school, and we know that Medaka has gotten stronger than her middle school peak by this point.

Agnaa said:
It can't really be the last thing. Hinokage's stamina feat is from fighting Medaka in middle school, and we know that Medaka has gotten stronger than her middle school peak by this point.
Well that's true, but Hinokage could have gotter stronger too.

@Fire

Just wanna say there isn't actually any special treatment going on considering those powers were his originally in the 1st place. And the fact that he literally took them back on panel.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
@Fire
Just wanna say there isn't actually any special treatment going on considering those powers were his originally in the 1st place.
Yes, but he hasn't shown them. Similarly Medaka passively copies abilities, but she hasn't shown them in character. Not having shown them in character was just used as a justification for her not having them.

Don't know anything about this character, but if she was stated to have them or they were originally her power and she reclaims it then it should be fine. Just saying your example is incorrect.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Don't know anything about this character, but if she was stated to have them or they were originally her power and she reclaims it then it should be fine. Just saying your example is incorrect.
Medaka's ability "The End" lets her passively copy any abilities she sees or hears about.

She currently only has abilities she's stated to have or has demonstrated.

This revision would give her abilities that she's witnessed.

When has Medaka seen Life Zero being used?

Maybe it would be best to get scans/descriptions of Medaka witnessing these, since a lot of them seem to be contested?

DontTalkDT said:
When has Medaka seen Life Zero being used?
Was she not there when Ajimu spoke of it?

Though considering she copied Ajimu's omniscience skill she coul gain them all

Also wouldn't we give her "Damage doesn't heal skill" cus even the author references Iihiko on it, so we know what it does.

Naeblis495 said:
witnessed or heard of at any point .
Heard of also within limits. Pretty sure she couldn't always do that, but only close to the end, and it's hard to tell how much details she must have heard regarding the skill.

I don't think just name and effect would suffice.

Firephoenixearl said:
Also wouldn't we give her "Damage doesn't heal skill" cus even the author references Iihiko on it, so we know what it does.
We know it's not the same thing as Irreversible Destruction - it's called My Standard Damage. We can't say it's the same thing as ID. ID's also said to be more like a style than a skill, etc.

This topic's been gone over dozens of times, and isn't even related to the topic of the thread.

Actually the things Medaka copied don't have the same names. None of the Trample Skills she showed had the same name as any of Ajimu's 600 skills. Unless Medaka did indeed copy everything through the omniscience skill.

@DontTalk I think she could copy just from hearing about it from around the time she could copy minuses. I also think just name and effect would suffice, iirc.

Firephoenixearl said:
Actually the things Medaka copied don't have the same names. None of the Trample Skills she showed had the same name as any of Ajimu's 600 skills. Unless Medaka did indeed copy everything through the omniscience skill.
Few of them have similar effects to any of the skills Ajimu showed, iirc, and I think those few with similar effects still have slightly different descriptions.

Perhaps she copied these skills some time off-screen?

Agnaa said:
None of them have similar effects to any of the skills Ajimu showed, iirc.

Perhaps she copied these skills some time off-screen?
Actually some of them do. Baby Planet = is basically Pioneer Flag.

I am unsure, but seems heavily unlikely cus we know exactly what happened, and we saw what Ajimu was doing throughout that time. And when Ajimu used those 100 other skill against Iihiko, Medaka wasn't there. So...off screen is not a possibility as Ajimu was either sealed, or walking around aimlessly and we know exactly when she had fought people and those skills don't include any of the things Medaka showed.

I agree with with more abilities for medaka but few point:

- In translator note when Medaka used pioneer flag and other skill "all the moves have the kanji for trample" - hence name have changed.

- Medaka witnessed "Lady Guitarist" when Ajimu used gun skils.

- It seems to me Ajimu have stamement about show Medaka more skils but I'm uncertainty.

If my english is something off is because it no my native language.

maybe she renamed the skill she improved ?
Well yeah but no other skill gets renamed so...why would these be renamed?

Well the description's changed too, so it's probably just a different skill. "Baby Planet, Create a universe skill" > "Pioneer Flag, Create a new universe skill".

Guardspace said:
- It seems to me Ajimu have stamement about show Medaka more skils but I'm uncertainty.
I was wrong. Medaka says "That portion of the quadrilloion skills i could catch a glimpse.." - when says that skills didn't work against Iihiko.

Back