• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka's abilities

@Agnaa & DontTalkDT

What would you suggest that we should do here?

Firephoenixearl said:
Was she not there when Ajimu spoke of it?
IIRC she wasn't.

Agnaa said:
@DontTalk I think she could copy just from hearing about it from around the time she could copy minuses. I also think just name and effect would suffice, iirc.
I think it was never mentioned she could do it before the last two Arcs or so. Or was it?
And I don't think we ever got a clearer explanation for the requirements than that she could copy a skill after an explanation of unknown detail. Considering that her copying is based on observation, it sounds a bit farfetched to me that you could just tell her "there is a skill that does x" and then she has it.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later after you have reached a decision if you need my help.

DontTalkDT said:
I think it was never mentioned she could do it before the last two Arcs or so. Or was it?

And I don't think we ever got a clearer explanation for the requirements than that she could copy a skill after an explanation of unknown detail. Considering that her copying is based on observation, it sounds a bit farfetched to me that you could just tell her "there is a skill that does x" and then she has it.
In chapter 125 we have this 2 pages. link

Probably these pages out of order.

Well couple arcs or eos she would copy that. Because even if she completes the end later she will still have the info.

Firephoenixearl said:
Well couple arcs or eos she would copy that. Because even if she completes the end later she will still have the info.
Copying abilities that she only heard about in earlier arcs is where it starts seeming sketchy to me.

@Ant I'd like to give Medaka any skills that she saw from the start of the series, and any that she heard about from Chapter 125 onward, but I think this idea was shot down before for a reason I've since forgotten.

I'd also feel much more comfortable with doing this CRT once Fire finds scans for Medaka witnessing these various things, since many of them have been called into question already.

I have a problem with Kamome's Spinning Angler tier which would be granted to Medaka if this goes through, but I was planning addressing that tier in a later CRT. The problem being that the calc on the profile is for a feat done by Accelerator, not by Kamome, that is different from any statements Kamome has for his ability.

Well the info still stays in her mind. She would only be able to use the end to copy them later on, but she won't see the need to see or hear about it again.

About that, the 2 chapters on the Bouquet Toss to the future arc are a massive help too. Considering she fought and analyzed every single character in the show.

Alibi Block was also seen in person.

LIp Service was hinted at by Kumagawa when she gave Zenkichi her eyes.

Anyway to summarize it all:

Hansode's Real Eater when she fought Hansode at the very end + Maguro's analysis

Zenkichi's model Zenkichi and Devil Style they have fought several times + Maguro's analysis

She fought Kamome and the Plus 6

And she grew up with Maguro she knows about his analysis too.

You can ask Agnaa and DontTalkDT to comment here again if you wish.

@JustANormalPerson01 According to the Medaka Box wiki, it was mentioned in the Medaka Box Complete Guide Book. We haven't gotten an actual translation of this yet, but the other times the wiki has mentioned stuff like this, they seem pretty in-character for Nisio to say.

For My Standard Damage:

Nisio Isin questions if Medaka learned this skill from the battle with Iihiko.

Back