• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Bookmaker is a sealing ability. I don't know why it's called Power Nullification on the profiles, when it was called a seal throughout the whole series , and when bookmaker was used on Ajimu, they said her existence was sealed. (tell me if i need to provide more scans) He said all the powers were sealed. It has to be fixed on both Medaka's and Kumagawa's profiles. It is perfectly described under type 2 sealing: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sealing

• The second type of sealing involves removing or locking attributes or even concepts of a target. Examples include sealing a target's magic or ki energy, or even their movement or consciousness. This type of sealing denies the target use of these aspects rather than specifically placing them in another object. These effects can be temporary or permanent depending on the user.
2. Medaka is missing universe crossing on her profile. She made a journey to different unvierses

3. Scar Dead has a wrong link with it being called a "pain manipulation". Scar Dead doesn't just inflict pain, but opens up the wounds themselves. It should be Durability Negation (attacking internal organs, matter manipulation and mind manipulation on Durability Negation fit perfectly).

4. Encounter is not limited to "multi city block". Here is why. A. Encounter was deemed more disgusting (keep in mind this is minuses we'r talking about, the more disgusting the minus, the stronger it is) than All Fiction (who erased colors on a multi universal level, and stated it could erase all of existence).

B. Shibuki's statement "being fast, heavy, hard and big is useless against gagamaru" (those 4 literally translate to striking strength, if having a lot of striking strength is useless against gagamaru, it would mean it's not limited by "attack potency")

C. Gagamaru being confident about "encounter won't yield even to someone as strong as to be the strongest in the universe"

5.Medaka should have supernatural luck on her profile. supernatural luck

6. There should be more clarification on how All Fiction works. And Medak should have Regenerationn (Low-Godly, maybe more). Due to All Fiction coming back from Physical Destruction (we know at least that much is true).

7.Medaka, Kumagawa and bookmaker should have "durability negation" .As bookmaker doesn't deal any physical harm, but rather it just "soils the heart" sealing everything that makes you better than a minus. Here are a couple more (it merely soils the heart, no dmg)

8. Hinokage saying he can't feel the hits. And Shiuki: "the dmg is only passing through his body. Should give Gagamaru and Medaka "selecitve intangability" via Encounter.

Shibuki's statement "being fast, heavy, hard and big is useless against gagamaru" (those 4 literally translate to striking strength, if having a lot of striking strength is useless against gagamaru, it would mean it's not limited by "attack potency").

This seems like a NLF to me.

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, or something else.

1) I am indifferent on the first. Tho I do think it is more accurate to call it sealing

2) I think this ability is minor enough that it can be added with a possibly

3) I agree, pain manipulation is innacurate

4) I agree it is short sighted to say it can only work off on MCB based on that one fight. I do think it can be argued to be more absolute than All Fiction. I think the note should be modified to account

5) I agree

6) Not sure if you should call it regen, but ok

7) Agreed

8) I definitely agree with this last one. Selective Intangibility makes sense, at least if the damage is passing through him

I don't agree with applying Low-Godly Regenerationn unless there is proof of All Fiction working even with the entire body eradicated. From what I understand, its revival mechanic was put to use only when Kumagawa was dead, but his body was still relatively fine.

He is right about Medaka or anyone regenerating from there entire body being eradicated so Medaka not receiving Low-Godly Regenerationn is correct, but her copying the ability isn't out the question.

Boy, your telling me. I had just finished Medaka Box, was loving the whole thing, had a Kumagawa spam planned that would have been great, and now I'm just brunt out on it all.

WeeklyBattles said:
Book Maker is not sealing. It is Statistics Reduction bordering on power Nullification
it can be both. Also, how would it not be nullification? I don't see how stopping someone from not using their powers would not be nullification.

And to add, what exactly differentiates it from sealing? the nature of the ability fits out definition of type 2 sealing

Its a combination of both but the fact that it only lowers them a set amount rather than completely is why its more akin to stat reduction than flat out power null, but the technique removal would be power null yes.

My thoughts on this:

1. Vastly indifferent. I will go with what the community decides, ultimately, without much complaint.

2. My only issue with is that we don't really know the specifics of how. However, having a note for that, or at least some sort of explantion, could satsify.

3. Don't really see a problem here, but, again, up to the community.

4. NLF.

5. To quote ApiesDeathbyLazors: I agree with 5. It should be "Weak Passive Probability Manipulation".

6. To quote GalaxianAegis: I don't agree with applying Low-Godly Regenerationn unless there is proof of All Fiction working even with the entire body eradicated. From what I understand, its revival mechanic was put to use only when Kumagawa was dead, but his body was still relatively fine.

7. Unless there's proof that those screws aren't actually physical or don't affect solid matter, I say no durability negation. A flowerly statement about the ability 'soiling hearts' is just not conclusive enough for me to accept that.

8. A character stating that could mean any thing. Saying that it gives character's selective intangibility is too much of a stretch.

Does anyone else feel like this thread is an attempt to upgrade Medaka so that she could've won all those crazy threads spawned from all the recent spam? I really hate to say that but that's the vibe I get.

I attribute most spam on the site resulting from various members trying to get a feel for a new character or if an old character recieved a major revision, usually an upgrade. Just testing the waters, getting the character some wins/losses/inconclusives, so it's easier to tell where they stand here on the wiki and use them in future matches/debates. You know, getting them blooded, so to speak.

This...this all feels like trying to turn Medaka, the series and the character, into one of the most broken things on the site. I've never seen this level of persistence nor have I ever been this worn out from one particular character/series.

...I'm just saying.

The dice / keypad thing should just be Supernatural Luck.

I am getting that vibe as well.

I will say this about the relationship between Medaka Box and this wiki tho. Out of the verses I have seen on-site vs off-site, Medaka Box has one of the biggest gaps in power. Of course this is to be expected to a degree, due to wiki policy and underlying assumptions varying, but I have never seen it to the extreme that it is with Medaka Box. The only extreme I have seen come close is with Touhou. It generates a lot of tension, and if I am going to be real, cognitive dissonance for Medaka Box debaters when arguing for the series on this wiki. On most other platforms, calling Ajimu or Medaka only universal would get you laughed at. Its a weird feeling to come on here and have the exact opposite be the case. Its why Fire sticks out so much, he cannot deal with the hard dissonance.

Just some what i see after returning here after being gone for so long

1. Saying "it's power null" only due to what it does and completely disregarding how it works is not ok. A seal can't be considred a power null just cus "it sounds like that". This here fits bookmaker's description EXACTLY.

2. Just adding "universe crossing" is enough. I don't think an ability like that can go into NFL even if you wanted to.

3. I actually find it to be pretty wrong as it would make ppl think that "scar dead doesn't open wounds" (cough bookmaker is not a seal cough). It's not a HUGE change but it's still a wrong link.

4. NFL? Well i did try to prove my point, i will try to find more proof, but saying "this doesn't apply" should have some sort of proof on "why" aswell.

5. It seems everyone agrees on this, but not "weak probability manipulation", supernatural luck is a thing. I gave a link.

6. Low Godly is the least they can do, they have proven that no matter the condition of the body they can still regenerate. Low Godly is the definition for that.

7. There is TOO much proof actually. Kumagawa being able to pierce ANYTHING: humans, walls and ofc the fact that it doesn't deal physical harm would mean that the "physical" is being bypassed.

8. Found 2 characters saying that now. Hehe

These were my answers to the most common arguments against my points up till now, sry if i have missed any. Also just saying "NO" "NFL" and "he just wants to do this cus of the Medaka spam" is not an argument. You need to say WHY you think it's NFL or wrong.

Alright, I think I'm sleep deprived enough to give a shit about this.

1) I think context from the original Japanese is needed here, but I can't read it so, I'm gonna agree with Weekly here. Stat Reduction with some Power Null elements thrown in. You could use those to create a seal, but that's a smuch credit as I'll give this.

2) I'm definatly not ok with this. She only said she fought someone from another universe. They could have traveled here. She never would have needed Universe Hopping.

3) Ok, so after actually looking at it, it's actually fine. That probably should have been fixed sooner actually.

4) It's stated as more disgusting because it actively make people suffer. What's worse, killing someone quickly, or killing someone slowly and painfully? The rest of your "proof" only works in verse. Their are no feats against hit much stronger then Multi-City Block Level. That is NLF.

5) Already said my piece on that.

6) Medaka and Kumagawa are not regening via All Fiction. No Low-Godly for you!

7) I like how you didn't include a scan with this, seeing as any scan you could have provided would have ruined your argument. Nearly zero is not the same as zero. It still needs to deal damage.

8) It's not Selective Intagability. He still recevies the damage, then passes it along to something else.

And there you go. I'm ok with 3 and 5. That's it.

1. I mostly came here for this, so it's what I'll comment on.

Something being called a seal doesn't make it a seal. If we look at what Bookmaker does, it sets a target's statistics to a certain amount. Setting statistic falls under Stat Manipulation, bordering on Power Nullification with the ability to eliminate special powers.

If I wrote a book where punching people was called "existence erasure", no matter how many times I repeated it, those character would still only be punching people, not erasing them from existence.

Well there are no feats above 8A for Encounter. It would most likely scale to whoever's using the skills durability since it's pushing away the damaged received rather than the damage the attack can produce. But we have absolutely no clue how much damage Gagamaru could've taken from a single punch from theme song. A statement saying it's more disgusting than All Fiction is simply meaning the nature of the ability, not the power of it.

Also I wouldn't really put All Fiction under regen because it isn't. However All Fiction is simply erasing the death itself so surely the scale of damage to the body is irrelevant.

UmbryTiddlywink said:
Also I wouldn't really put All Fiction under regen because it isn't. However All Fiction is simply erasing the death itself so surely the scale of damage to the body is irrelevant.
Exactly my point. All Fiction is a special kind of regen let's say (either that or imortality). We know the dmg to the body is irrelevant so "at least Low Gody" should be added on his profile.

It seems to fit more as resurrection, like Monika has.

Agnaa said:
It seems to fit more as resurrection, like Monika has.
Well the wiki kept it as "Regenerationn". If they want to change it to "resurrection" it's their choice but i feel like resurrection is like too up in the air without much details on how strong it is. Though again that's the wiki's choice. Personally i preffer "regen".

1. You guys are bringing up the same point over and over even though it's already debunked. Let me put it in the OP this time. Check it out.

2. Medaka's universe hoping is a thing due to her calling it a "trip", if im not mistaken 1 of ajimu's abilities allowed this to be a thing, having fought the Evil King she just copied the universe crossing skill from him. No matter which version you take Medaka should own universe crossing.

3. Glad this is solved.

4. There is still no explanation that "just being strong" is useless against Gagamaru, she literally said "being strong" won't do a thing against Gagamaru. The level of the punch is not a factor when they talk on a conceptual level.

5. Glad this is solved.

6. They are not regenerating, since they are not healing but rather they never took a hit in the first place, sure. Though it's still a special type of regen and the wiki has "Regenerationn" on both of their profiles. If that's gonna be the case (keeping Regenerationn) it should at least be changed to low godly.

7. The fact that it doesn't deal physical dmg is proof enough. I don't see how something that just bypasses the human physique is limited by it.

8. Selective intangability, or Limited Intangability means that the attacker is almost literally attacking the object itself. He said "he couldn't feel the hits", meaning he felt like his punches were being voided.

5.I don't think it's supernatural luck.Only the first link implies that,the second not that much.In the third Medaka just guessed right like her friends.She hasn't even used it in combat.

DodoNova2 said:
All Fiction is resurrection not Low Godly (it works the same way but it's not a regen)
He does already have Ressurection as well as Regenerationn. Regenerationn is currently on "at least mid", and it should be changed to "at least Low Godly".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back