• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medaka already has Durability Negation on her profile via Scar Dead.

Durability Negation, Plot Manipulation (Her status as the "Hero" causes the story to always flow in her favor, no matter what odds stand against her, forcing Plot-Induced Stupidity onto others so that she can win), Word Manipulation, can ignore plot-based defenses to an extent, possibly many others.

with little difficulty while using the same ability so it is unclear to what extent his success relied on her consent), can bypass conventional durability with All Fiction and various other abilities

Gagamaru doesnt become intangible when using the encounter, its just that he isnt being hit. Hinokage could grab him just fine because it wasnt hurting him and that's how he won iirc.

When you try to punch gagamaru, you arent actually hitting him the ability makes it so that you are hitting something else. But he doesnt phase through anything.

Well, my take then:

1) Drastically lessening somebody elses abilities is either statistics reduction or power nullification, presumably both in this case.

2) We do not know how she crossed universes. She might have used transportation.

3) Maybe. I am not sure if we have a proper powers & abilities page to link scar dead to. It opens up both physical and mental wounds after all. I suppose that it is a type of durability negation.

4) I agree that Encounter is not limited to Multi-City Block level, but we cannot apply NLFs either, so Unknown is fine.

5) Supernatural luck is fine.

6) It isn't quite Regenerationn, as others have mentioned. It erases cause and effect, and automatically resurrects him. It is up for discussion though.

7) I am not sure if that is durability negation. That usually means causing physical harm regardless of durability, but I think that some telepaths have received it, so it is possible.

8) Intangibility isn't how his ability works. He shunts damage somewhere else randomly. For example, if you hit him, some nearby building might collapse.

"1) Drastically lessening somebody elses abilities is either statistics reduction or power nullification, presumably both in this case."

When Kumagawa "killed" Ajimu, he sealed her using Bookmaker so that she couldnt manifest/come back to the world. When this seal/ability lost power, she came back.

That's all there is to it. Kumagawa can seal people with it.

My thoughts.

1. As I've stated, I'm indifferent to this one. Whichever sounds more reasonable to the community is fine in my books.

2. I was originally OK with this but as pointed out, we don't know the details. If it gets added, this would have to be noted how vague it is. I'm willing to go as far to say that it's not something that can be brought up in a VS thread.

3. It honestly seems like a combination of Mind Hax and Bio Manip. Also, it's already stated to ignore durability, so I don't really understand what would change in the grander scheme of things.

4. Nothing should change here. Encounter is either held to the perfromance it has displayed or it turns into a NLF.

5. Adding some weak/passive Probability Manipulation or Supernatural Luck seems fine.

6. Nothing should change unless there's an actual and observiable feat of Low Godly regen.

7. Unless we've got proof those screws truly ignore durability outside of piercing human bodies, I don't see why it should ignore durability.

8. The force of the blows and the damage is just being shunted somewhere else, so I don't see on how that equals intangibility. Especially because the ability has nothing to due with intagibility,

"7) I am not sure if that is durability negation. That usually means causing physical harm regardless of durability, but I think that some telepaths have received it, so it is possible."

Its supposed to make you as weak and helpless as kumagawa, with his psycopath mentality and stuff. When she was pierced her soul and mind should have broken down if it werent for her "friends". That was Kumagawa's "victory".

I would like to reiterate that encounter only pushes away the damage he receives and not the damage the attack could produce. Surely this could have Gagamaru's durability upgraded to simply multi-city block level since it would scale to his durability.

@Cal Naze fought with all her injuries open thanks to her ability that allowed her to sustain the damage. And iirc she surpassed her trauma.

Well, I suppose that PaChi2 seems to make sense.

Mr. Common Sense said:
@UmbryTiddlywink

Hold on? You do know receiving damage is the amount of damage that was produce in the first place right?
I'm fairly certain that it's been stated that it pushes away the damage he would receive not just the general damage of the attack. A person with higher durability would be pushing away less damage.

However, Iirc, Bookamaker makes you equal to the user. When used by kumagawa it becomes a weapon because being Kumagawa is a problem in itself, but I seriously doubt that it'd be of any harm if it were Medaka the user.

Therefore I can only agree with it being Dura negation on Kumagawa's hands, not medaka's.

WeeklyBattles said:
Preventing her from manifesting is more power null than sealing
Preventing Ganon from coming back from the Dark World is sealing. Why is this any different.

So would the following conclusions be accurate?

Bookmaker can both seal others, negate their powers, and reduce their statistics, and works as durability negation, but likely only when used by Kumagawa.

Cross-universal teleportation is a no.

Scar dead is a mixture of biological and mind manipulation, and works via durability negation.

Unknown durability via Encounter.

Medaka has supernatural luck.

Resurrection via All Fiction is fine, but we do not know how to properly classify the degree of Regenerationn. Also, people do not seem to have souls in the Medaka verse, at least if I remember correctly.

Gagamaru using intangibility rather than simply shunting damage elsewhere seems doubtful.

One thing I believe should come out of all this is maybe a discussion rule for Medaka. The series can be interepted in so many ways and it becomes quite a hassle to deal with due to the very nature of it.

In addition, threads involving mutiple abilities like this one can become an absolute mess due to how much is flying around. Bookmaker, Encounter, All Fiction, Scar Dead, etc. each of these could be threads by themselves.

Just saying.

Antvasima said:
Resurrection via All Fiction is fine, but we do not know how to properly classify the degree of Regenerationn. Also, people do not seem to have souls in the Medaka verse, at least if I remember correctly.
The mother of Medaka appear has a ghost, so yes, soul exist in Medaka Box.

Unknown is the only option. Unless someone from the Calculation team is capable of calculating how much force a being moving at the speed of light with an AP of Multi-city block is truly emitted upon impact.

@Dodo

We do not know Encounter's upper limits, so Unknown seems best.

Mr. Common Sense said:
Unknown is the only option. Unless someone from the Calculation team is capable of calculating how much force a being moving at the speed of light with an AP of Multi-city block is truly emitted upon impact.
>Force

>Already gives the Multi city block result.

>Speed of light

Wat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back