• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka content revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, a character from the anime having a later cameo in the manga does not make the entire anime cano.

The anime and the manga cannot be simultaneously canon in one timeline. Gregory and Miss Pizza appearing in Dragon Ball Super does not make all of Dragon Ball Z Toei, movies included, canon.

Firephoenixearl said:
2) He erased Zenkichi's concept of sight, his eyeballs were intact he just couldn't see anymore, his "concept" of sight was erased.

3) Kumagwa said he could erase the concept of "combat" to skip to the end of a fight.
Erase someone's eyesight is not conceptual deletion, just removing one of their senses.

He did not even mention "skip the fight", it just means he'll finish it.

So All-Fiction just erases the thing he targets from existence? Seems pretty straightforward to me. So just to be clear, if Kumagawa erases a dude who can regenerate from his very concept, the dude will just regenerate, correct?

Yes the dude will. There is no proof that All Fiction is nearly as powerful as fans insist. It is not universal, as that was never demonstrated, nor conceptual. The only scene in which you can argue that is from the non-canon anime.

It's not just a cameo.

The event of the episode following the chapter of Good Looser series where Jakago was screw by Kumagawa. It's clearly canon. The anime and the novels are clearly canon.

You just say it is, but your only piece of evidence is a single panel cameo.

They aren't canon until you prove them to be. The anime directly contradicts the manga in depicting much the same events but slightly differently.

As for you matt...damn where do i begin?

Multiplier.png
Ajimu saying "the last skill i use" and admiting she "used" all the skills that "were just narrated, not used" according to you.

2. I never said "all the abilities she copied from ajimu should be used in vs battles threads" i mean where do u even draw the line with "make an exception skill"? Some skills are hard to "figure out" and "creating a universe" doesn't rly have any attack potency, but they should still be adressed so that ppl know what they are putting characters up against.

3. "The skills don't exist" part was really funny doe. So ajimu is actually a fodder character you can beat if u fought in real life i mean she has no skills according to you. NONE out of the almost 13 quadrillion. The skills do exist.

4. "Why haven't they been shown in detail" that was also a pretty good point, useless one doe. All Fiction has been for TOO much time and u still doubt it's powers. And even if that weren't the case, i've said this once before but do u even realize how much abilities there are? 13 quadrillion, if you can type 1 ability ever second (which is impossible but even if u were able to) it would take you 412 MILLENIA to list all the powers, so yeah just don't bring up the "why weren't they explained thingy again".

5."The powers are a joke from "get pregnant" to "create a universe", so they don't exist". Not rly babe, those powers come from Ajimu and she's stated to be "All Powerful" inside the verse (she's not all powerful ofc) and the powers go from joke to real destructive powers to show that SHE CAN DO ANYTHING, from small stuff like become big breasted to "power over life and death". That's what the funny powers are meant to show. That she has control/ has powers for every case u might think of.

6. Ajimu doesn't parodize the final villain. That's Kumagawa's role. She is the author, the "all powerful". And she can't beat Medaka, same as how any author can't kill off the MC cus he wants to. And Iihiko has a different reason, i can explain that too if you want.

Do you have anything else you want me to go over?

1. Again, no evidence of her using all skills. She just mentioned a ton of them but we never see them using.

2. Because it cannot be applied to VsDebating. They are vague gags which cannot even begin to be comprehended, and contradicted by actual feats.

3. For the purposes of VsDebating, they don't exist. Ajimu is pretty fodder when compared to actual cosmic characters that show their power, yes. You are arguing from incredulity.

4. That's precisely why it cannot be applied to VsDebating, saying that "I have 13 quadrillion abilities" is a 100% meaningless stated as it cannot ever be demonstrated. Dante's Lucifer can take on 666 forms, but that is never applied in Versus Debating because we only see like 12, and we cannot assume that out of the 666 forms there will be stuff that will grant him victory, which is basically what you are doing here but with a number quadrillions of times larger.

5. She's not all-powerful even within the verse. She never created a universe. She was never shown to be higher-dimensional. She's never shown to have powers on the scale which the list implies, absolutely ever.

6. Ajimu isn't an all-powerful author. She can't beat Medaka because Medaka's the hero. It's a joke.

Yes, I want you to go over the fact that Ajimu is a featless character.

Firephoenixearl said:
6. Ajimu doesn't parodize the final villain. That's Kumagawa's role. She is the author, the "all powerful". And she can't beat Medaka, same as how any author can't kill off the MC cus he wants to. And Iihiko has a different reason, i can explain that too if you want.
Ajimu herself told Zenkichi that having too many powers would give him a final boss role

Kumagawa parodies the fact that the villains always lose, and Ajimu the overcheat villains who get beat up for silly reasons.

Remember when Kishimoto admitted in an interview that he had no idea how Madara would be defeated, because he was far too powerful for the heroes, so his only solution was have him be destroyed by an Outside Context Character that came out of nowhere?

Ajimu is like that. She's meant to be a parody of villains that are way, waaaaay more powerful than the protagonists, and then get taken down through stupidity.

A lot other of other villains from anime Oav's that got too powerful suffered from the same fate as Madara and Yhwach.

@YuriAkuto & Matthew Schroeder

That is an accurate analysis of Najimi, yes, but there are deeper layers of satire to her than that, including of people with real world god complexes.

Actually, the Anime is totally canon.

The events of episode 24 belong to the 4th part of "Good Loser Kumagawa", which narrates Kumagawa's story in his previous high-school.

There are some canon Madaka Box and Kumagawa novels, written by NisioisiN, but unfortunately they are only available in Japanese.

Why are we even considering an upgrade that makes use of a single sentence in a colossal wall of text with gag abilities that are never demonstrated, never elaborated upon in anyway? Why should we feign ignorance over the much lower actual feats the series has?

Medaka's Box as a whole always gets extremely generous reservations.

Even the authors said to the reader in the note to refers at the anime and the novels for the characters who appars in volume 22.

Lol I come back from the movie avenger and I really do not want to talk about Medaka Box with LOL Fiction ect...

Matt srsly man?

1. What do you mean there is no evidence. She says "oh i USED 600 skills", what do u even mean no evidence it was used?

2. Never contradicted by any feats, the only thing that beats everyone is the narrative which is why everything happens in Medaka box, cus the author wants to.

3. Don't u bring up cosmic being. You said the skills don't exist, meaning that she is human level at most. You screwed up there. The skills do exist and they HAVE been used.

4. Yeah the main point. You can't demonstrate in detail EVERY power. There are around 30 skills or so in Medaka Box that are shown with feats and all, you can't just put another 600 in there with feats that would mean Medaka Box getting 2000 chapters on the manga.

5 & 6. Rly dude? She calls everyone ink on paper, has claims to be "all powerful", calls the world a manga, has existed before anything (the author existed before the manga), the minuses transfering to her school was just "her imagination" and you still say, she is not the author. Just go read the manga already.

Yes, seriously.

1. Yes, she says she used them, but we don't see any of it. It cannot be applied for a versus debating purposes.

2. Ajimu has no feats. If Antvasima is right, then her only destruction feat isn't even real. We cannot put a character at Low 2-C, or even higher like the OP proposed, based on freaking attack names.

3. Yes I do bring up cosmic beings. If Ajimu was this higher-dimensional universe-busting reality warper, the story would happen completely differently. She has no feats of being such.

4. And this is exactly why we cannot apply it to the profiles.

5. Like Antvasima said, she is a joke on people that have god-complexes. She is not the author of the manga, she is just self-aware on the nature of the series (Like other characters also are) and has a god-complex, believing she is omnipotent when she's not.

Kepekley23 said:
Why are we even considering an upgrade that makes use of a single sentence in a colossal wall of text with gag abilities that are never demonstrated, never elaborated upon in anyway? Why should we feign ignorance over the much lower actual feats the series has?
Medaka's Box as a whole always gets extremely generous reservations.
Medaka Box has one of the craziest fanbases.

For 5 & 6, It's more 4th Wall than anything, or even the explanation of Kamone. Also she said can't believe herself having be "gifted" by birth before the univers, sorry but lots of thing contradicts Ajimu = satire of the author.

Also the reason is because she's overcheat and success anything, i don't see how this could be linked to the fact of be the author.

I believe what Matt is trying to say is that the 600 skills were used yes, the the mechanics behind them were never displayed, nor elaborated upon. They are just words with no meaning nor visible power behind them. To say they exist, yes that is true. But to want to quantify something out of them, that is sadly impossible.

I'm on the fence about higher dimensional Ajimu, but I find it really hard to take that at face value given the author knew full well he created Ajimu to be unbeatable for that sole purpose. Medaka beating her is PIS. Weaponized PIS if you would. But a single 1-B in a verse of tier 8s is a little out there don't you think?

Nobody has ever proven that the anime is canon. Nobody has ever provided conclusive proof of it.

Nobody has ever posted scans of him erasing the concept of combat.

Those scans show Kumagawa warping a room, not erasing a universe like Zeno.

He did not even mention erasing the combat, but finishing it. And a fight is a moment, not a concept.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Nobody has ever proven that the anime is canon. Nobody has ever provided conclusive proof of it.
Nobody has ever posted scans of him erasing the concept of combat.

Those scans show Kumagawa warping a room, not erasing a universe like Zeno.
"Kumagawa are you trying to destroy the world?" Dude just stop downgrading Medaka, you aren't even making sense at this point. Going back to the previous points EVEN THOUGH the scans say otherwise.

Is there at least some evidence to suggest that the anime is not canon?

Seriously, the characters who were only in the anime eventually appear in the manga, can be placed chronologically, and the authors say to refer to the anime.

Also how about this. Let's all stop this stuff and Matt or anyone else, just go by my points and disprove them one by one ok? I mean the points of the thread not comments. Say why they don't apply instead of saying "no feats no powers". Medaka box HAS no feats cus it's a parody to shounen, all these feks just destroying planets and shit. Medaka lives by statements and no power feats but rather just hax. You want Kumagawa to actually erase the world, that can't happen doe, sry everyone is basically good bye at that point, and Kumagawa is not evil, nor is anyone in the manga "ACTUALLY" evil.

YuriAkuto said:
Seriously, the characters who were only in the anime eventually appear in the manga, can be placed chronologically, and the authors say to refer to the anime.
He wants feats. xD

Again, Kumagawa never destroyed the world. And world in the context isn't guaranteed to mean universe.

Medaka objectively has no feats. One of the best feats in the entire manga is a guy cutting an airplane carrier.

Sir Ovens said:
YuriAkuto said:
Burden of proof falls upon you to tell us that it's canon. You're making the argument that it is, where everyone agreed it wasn't.
What kind of proof is needed to show that events that happen in the history are canon?

Parallels in the plot between manga and anime don't make the anime canon, or else every anime adaptation ever would be 100% canon.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Again, Kumagawa never destroyed the world. And world in the context isn't guaranteed to mean universe.
Medaka objectively has no feats. One of the best feats in the entire manga is a guy cutting an airplane carrier.
Lol nice. Medaka destroying the moon doesn't count cus u didn't see every punch u just saw "a character saying imma go destroy the moon, and the moon is destroyed" but NOPE i didn't see it. As for Kumagawa who said it means universe? World refers to "all of existence" that's what it means. World means EVERYTHING, and like i said the anime IS canon, even stated by the author. And conceptual erasure of colors is way above planetary and therefore World Means All Of Existence. Also don't bring this up anymore, the whole wiki has already agreed to AF being all of existence level (which is multiple universes AT LEAST). It's already a closed matter. As for feats from ajimu's powers. Here you go
Medaka-box-3966207.jpg

Medaka saying "i fought the evil king of another universe" which she wouldn't even be able to go to without ajimu's abilities (Description: go to another universe). Also she was involved in a conceptual fight. So yeah.

Even if we, for some reason, were to assume the gigantic wall of text with gag abilities was 100% true, why would creating a universe through a specific skill scale to Medaka's AP?

Fire, you are getting incoherent and rambling.

When did Medaka destroy the moon?Can you show the scene happening?

"Kind of another universe" isn't a feat. The queen of england isn't Country level, she can barely walk at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back