• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Box Images Changes (Major Medaka Box Content Revisions Part 3)

Continued From Here

Many of the Images for profiles should be changed for the profiles, and new tabs should be added for several of the characters. This is less important but I felt it should be addressed

Medaka: We should add new tabs for her at increments through the series. First off, her main image should be this one and not that god awful picture of her in her summer uniform. A tab should also be added for her design in the Jet Black Wedding/Unknown Shiranui arc since her design is different enough that I think it is warrented

We should look for color images to replace the black and white profile pictures we have for a few of the character, especially the ones ripped straight from the Manga

Our praxis is that we prefer whole body images with the backgrounds removed, as we currently use for Medaka.

The first 3 are probably fine. The other 2 are of lower quality.

true but we don't exactly have many options when it comes to Hinokage, and its superior to what we have currently on his profile. I'll see if I can find any manga panels that would work better for him

If that doesn't work, i found this manga panel that could work for Hinokage. It has the majority of his body and no text bubbles covering him. He does look super menacing lol

I'm sorry if it's off topic, but I've thought about a couple of things and I think it could be better to discuss them with you instead of opening another CRT. In short, there are a couple of revisions (most of them downgrades) that we could make:

1. Since Style users can affect Iihiko, should we add to their profiles that their skills can overcome plot manipulation to an extent?

2. As we know, Mister Unknown works because people subconsiously block the user from their senses and memories because of how strong and intimidating he is. If that's the case, shouldn't it become less effective against stronger people? In this is the case, we should probably specify it. This could also mean removing "minor Resistance to Memory Manipulation" from Medaka (since it's possible that she resisted by simply being strong enough).

3. Zenkichi should have minor Resistance to Memory Manipulation. Even if we accept point 2, Zenkichi was inferior to Medaka and comparable to Akune, yet the latter completely forgot about Hinokage, while Zenkichi had still some vague memories about him.

4. What makes everyone lightspeed? I understand that Hinokage and Medaka have Theme Song, and Iihiko and Contradictory Conjunctions users scale to them, but everyone else should be considerably slower, especially since the only time Medaka used her lightspeed against someone she easily stomped Kumagawa. The latter couldn't compete with Medaka's speed even BEFORE she learned Theme Song. I understand that they are able to follow her fight with Iihiko and even noticed when Medaka became faster, but that doesn't mean they can move at that speed themselves.

5. What should we do with Ajimu's skills? Since we decided not to use them to set her tier, should we also remove them from her profile? If not, should Iihiko get resistance to all of them? (I actually disagree with this last point, but I wanted to know your opinion).

1) I suppose so. Btw: The reason for this is that they seem to be symbolic of different writing styles.

2) That seems reasonable.

3) Vague memories are probably not enough for a resistance.

4) I think that Iapitus used the argument that everybody physically scales from everybody in one way or another.

5) Ajimu should probably keep her skills. We simply do not know the extent of them, and Iihiko should have an awful lot of resistances, yes.

1) Actually, the only style users who manged to seriously threaten him were those who also had the hero, so I don't think so

2) its his intimidation, not necesarilly his strength. Medaka is physically stronger than him yet it still worked on her

3) Little too vague for my taste

4) You will note that I put atleast a lower speed, possibly Light Speed for profiles were it seemed questionable. When did Medaka on screen stomp Kumagawa in a serious fight post theme song? iirc she did that voley ball thing but that wasn't really a fight

5) Since we aren't using her in VS Threads, and the roll she fills within her verse, I think they can stay. Iihiko can get a crap ton of resistences, especially to Medaka's known skills. If someone wants to add them to the profiles then they can go ahead

Oh I know this is off topic as well, and I can make a seperate post about this if you want, but I want to modify the note on Gagamaru's page to account for something I found when re reading that arc

It was stated that Encounter > All Fiction. it was more threatening and I think they even said Gagamaru would win against a Kumagawa without Book Maker. They said that Gagamaru > Kumagawa aswell, or atleast that he was more scary (given Gagamru's personality, I think we know they weren't talking about outword apperence or Manerisms). It was also stated it was more disgusting

More disgusting Minus = More Powerful and Damgerous Minus. Such as when Ajimu was saying Real Eater was the most powerful and dangerous Minus she had ever encountered, and the single skill closest to Hanten's skill that makes skills in power, she called it the most discusting skill she had ever seen. Also We know that Minus gain power from depravity, such as Kumagawa becoming weaker the less disgusting he became

Well, it was not stated outright that Encounter is definitely greater than All Fiction, as far as I remember, but it is symbolic of making everything somebody else's problem, whereas Real Eater is symbolic of distorting different people and concepts, and Scar Dead is symbolic of slander.

I think that Iapitus wants to insert a mention of Gagamaru being stronger than Kumagawa.

Shibushi also stated that Encounter was absolute in power, which would mean that All Fiction would also be something it can push away. here is that "disgusting" scan btw, I forgot he also said it was more complete than The End

Even if it was only implied, it is still worth mentioning in the note at the bottum of Gagamaru's page, is it not? If we are talking about the limits of the power, than it really should

1. Although it's true that nobody was a serious threat, he still recognized their attacks, and Kakegae managed to hold him back for a while (which not even Anshin'in was able to do). Plus, there are multiple reasons why it should count, like what Ant said about writing styles, the fact that words from fictional characters can even reach us (which is probably why words are stated to be able to trascend dimensions) and the fact that plot itself is made of word and is form of communication beetween the author and the readers (which is probably one of the reasons why Iihiko's power was similar to style).

2. I'm fine if it's just intimidation.

3. Fine with that too.

4. Yes, I was mainly referring to Medaka defeating him off screen in the volleyball chapter. I have no problem with characters that are stated to be "Hypersonic+, possibly lightspeed", but I think we should mention the "lowball" for Kumagawa as well, at least to be safe.

5. I'm fine with Iihiko having lots of resistances.

I'm not really sure about the Gagamaru thing tbh.

Neither of those two scans seem like reliable proof of Gagamaru being stronger.

Not really more powerful, just that Encounter may possibly be a superior skill

More Digusting = more powerful for a minus, within the context. More absolute implies that if All Fiction and Encounter were to interact, then Encounter would trump due to being more absolute

That seems too speculative to mention as an absolute fact within our wiki.

I feel it was implied enough times for it to atleast warrent a mention of a posibility. something like changing the note to:

"Beware the No-Limit Fallacy. While Encounter has demonstrated no limits or exceptions, except Scar Dead, the strongest and fastest attacks it was demonstrated or reliably stated to work against where Multi-City Block level attacks performed at the Speed of Light, regardless of any possible superiority to All Fiction. It can not be reliably argued that Encounter would work against vastly more powerful attacks."

I do not think so, and I am getting extremely tired of constantly arguing about Medaka Box, unless it is something actually important.

I am fine with if you add them to a gallery.

I would also like to add Iihiko's resistance to everything Ajimu has and what we mentioned before about style being able to ignore plot-based defenses to an extent. The profiles that need revisions are:

• Iihiko Shishime
  • Kamome Tsurubami
  • Namanie Nienami
  • Joutou Kotobuki
  • Kakegae Yuzuriha

Whire I'm at it I'm gonna add "Master hand-to-hand combatant" to Kakegae (predicted Medaka's attacks and countered them, an it's already mentioned in her profile under "Notable Attacks/Techniques") and "Attack Reflection" to Iihiko (completely reflected Medaka's attacks against her multiple times), unless anyone has anything against it.

I will unlock the profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

How should I describe style user's ability to ignore plot manipulation? I'm not sure if it qualifies as a resistance (it's more like their attacks are effective rather than resisting themselves).

I think I'm done. Now that I think about it, Medaka and Zenkichi should also have the note about style, but I'm going to sleep now so I'll do it tomorrow (or someone else can do it instead).

Back