• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Box Images Changes (Major Medaka Box Content Revisions Part 3)

Well, currently it seems like we might have to place all statistics at unknown ratings, if we have nothing reliable to scale from.

Do the OBD have any calculation linked in their Medaka Box pages?

Here's what some profiles say:

Emukae Mukae is Large building level because (her strongest showing has her bringing down an entire building with her corroding ability in a matter of seconds). Kuudou Hinokage is also Large Building level because (was able to bring down a massive steel structure with a single punch)

Multi-City Block level comes from Namanie Nienami cutting a battleship in half.

We need calcs really.

Antvasima said:
Do the OBD have any calculation linked in their Medaka Box pages?
Not that I saw. We need to get the explosion thing calc'd. I'm trying to think of other physical feats that have happened for possible scaling. Oh Yeah, Naze did stop the structure from collapsing with her Ice Manipulation, didn't she? if we can figure out how big the structure was that was going to be collapsed by Scar Dead, then Naze is able to counter act that via raw DC

They argue That Kakegae was stated, apparently, to be the strongest/most powerful of the style users. Even if it was done via hax, would she still be supeior to Niemi? Probably not

Perhaps somebody could find the Hinokage feat, and then ask for a calculation of that?

Antvasima said:
Perhaps somebody could find the Hinokage feat, and then ask for a calculation of that?
He just destroyed the steel frame, and that was done with multiple hits.

Well, we will either have to find a quantifiable feat or adjust all of the statistics to unknown.

I don't think we have any scan of the size of the building, and even so I think that it wouldn't scale to anyone since it's done with Ice Fire.

Well, I think that you need to find scans for the Hinokage feat, and then ask the calc group to calculate it then, in lack of better options.

Kami95 said:
I don't think we have any scan of the size of the building, and even so I think that it wouldn't scale to anyone since it's done with Ice Fire.
The style users are capable of tanking hits from Ice Fire, so we have that to go on. Along with that one member of the flask plan being stated superior to her, who Medaka should be greater than

Antvasima said:
Well, I think that you need to find scans for the Hinokage feat, and then ask the calc group to calculate it then, in lack of better options.
Hereit is. It's definitely much lower than Medaka's feat.

I've just looked at the corresponding chaptersfor Medaka's feat and it seems less impressive than in the anime.

Edit: Maybe we can ask to calculate Iihiko's feat, and then scale Medaka (altered god mode and end god mode) to it due to the hundred flowers ru, so they would be "At least *new tier*, possibly 5-C". Everyone else would still remain unknown though...

Unfortunately I don't think there's any good image, we should prioritize the other revisions for now.

War God Mode
Medaka Kurokami (War God Mode shown)

War God Mode

20120614192015!War God Mode
Altered God Mode
Altered God Mode

We're gonna need someone good at rendering

Altered God Mode
Both Manga and Anime Versions

Forsaken God Mode

Hybrid God Mode

End God Mode
They're the only ones that were good enough were here only

I looked over that chapter, and they stated Medaka was moving several wings of the school (I'll take a look at the map of the school to figure out how large the wings are). So the anime's portrayal seems to be simply showing what was stated. I'll post the scans when i get home. I need to look more into the context behind Naze holding the structure together, perhaps they will imply a size of the structure

Alright so I I re read the fight for the 5th time, here is what I found. I would need to talk to a calc group member, but I did find some things that may be of help:

The Entire Building's repares were falling apart, and so was the building

Idk what this image in the bottum right is showing but maybe its useful.

We know from what was said before that she was holding the entire building together by freezing one room, someone already gave the scan for this. Maybe this can help by calculating distribution, or maybe its just defying physics and we just say she held together whatever building size it was.

I am going to look into the Japanese Highschool building codes and layouts to maybe deduce which builing it was, and then we can pixel scale the map from there

Since this thread needs bumping anyway, I want to say one thing.

I think that the current explanation for "The Hero" is insufficient, as the skill is much stronger that it seems and should completely be banned from vs threads against characters that can't counter it. As we've seen in Iihiko's arc being the hero can do much more that causing PIS. It can straight up negate every hax and physical attacks and even let the characters perform feats that would normally be out of their league (when Iihiko lost control of his power he only destroyed the hospital, yet he was stomping Medaka who destroyed the moon 10 minutes later). We should consider "The Hero" as something similar to Khorne's blessing in Warhammer, except that instead of deleting things that would make the battle unfair up to a 1-A level it deletes everything that would cause the opponent to win up to an unknown level (which scales to Ajimu), except for word manipulation and similar plot-based powers.

It obviously doesn't make sense to use it in vsthreads and it should definitely be banned (as I said I dont know how many times in vs threads) and I understand that meta series are difficult to evaluate, but when the entire manga is about plot being superior to fictional power and an entire arc treats it as hax resistance it's just unfair to treat it as PIS inducement.

Kami95 said:
While we're at it, there are a couple of other revisions we should make (possibly when we're done with everything else, I don't want to ask Ant to keep unlocking and locking profiles over and over, and the possible tier revision is much more important anyway):

1. Style doesn't work on frenzied enemies, and it's implied to be ineffective against beings that are not able to communicate. It should probably be added to every Style user profile as a weakness.

2. Every Style user should have Word Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation and Power Granting (style can be lent to other people).

3. Joutou Kotobuki currently has "Necromancy" on her profile. That's probably because she resurrected Zenkichi by bringing his body back as it was 2 days prior. I believe that doesn't qualify as Necromancy, but Resuscitation (limited, since she said that the effect would wear off with time). She should also have limited Time Reversal.

4. Stamina lost against Iihiko doesn't recover, exactly like damage. I don't know if there's a page for this king of power, but we should probably mention it in his profile.

5. Medaka can accurately control the vibration from her attacks. This was done before she leaned to use style so we should put a note under her Vibration Manipulation.

6. Iihiko should have a possibly 5-C rating as well, scaling from Medaka.

7. I may be wrong about this, but I believe that Iihiko's note that states "attacks only work on him once before they "break"" is incorrect. Using the same attack twice seems to be simply uneffective. The attack reflection has nothing to do with it.

8. Medaka should have Resistance to Seling, scaling from Kumagawa (he can resist sealing because he has Bookmaker, since Medaka has 120% Bookmaker she should eb able to do the same thing).

9. Hinokage should have Perception Manipulation.
While I'm at it I'm gonna bump these too before I forget again.

The priority should probably be the AP revision we were talking about though.

" As we've seen in Iihiko's arc being the hero can do much more that causing PIS. It can straight up negate every hax and physical attacks and even let the characters perform feats that would normally be out of their league (when Iihiko lost control of his power he only destroyed the hospital, yet he was stomping Medaka who destroyed the moon 10 minutes later). Considering that plot itself is at least 4D (it's considered the cause of the Big Bang by Ajimu and it manipulates the entire 2-C verse, we have multiple statements about Iihiko's power and is completely superior to Anshin'in) we should consider "The Hero" as something similar to Khorne's blessing in Warhammer, except that instead of deleting things that would make the battle unfair up to a 1-A level it deletes everything that would cause the opponent to win up to a low 2-C/2-C level, except for word manipulation and similar plot-based powers. "

I think you are confusing Iihiko's Irreversible Destruction with his status as The Hero. They are 2 distinct abilities.

don't forget that PIS can also take for form of abilities working on beings they normally shouldn't. Also, Iihiko's ability usually works via ignoring it so it bypasses their defenses. I assume that's how it worked on Ajimu. So it isn't quite clear how much which was which, and how much The Hero "enhanced" Iihiko's Irreversible Destruction

Walking Strawman said:
I think you are confusing Iihiko's Irreversible Destruction with his status as The Hero. They are 2 distinct abilities.
Irreversible Destruction is just an abnormality that prevents the opponents from undoing damage he caused or regaining stamina after fighting him, it's not plot-based or defensive at all

Its not an abnormality its a distinct ability that is somewhat close to a style. It is defensive, but it does not have to be by its nature. Tho you are correct that the ability is not plot based. Irreversible Destruction, other than it preventing healing, also makes it so that anything recongnise or acknowledge will not effect him. If he does recognise it, then it gets 'destroyed.'

Put it like this, cross reference Medaka and Iihiko. (Remove martial arts, Medaka's self made style, and weapon mastery from this equation). The abilities that Medaka has the Iihiko doesn't, is likely due to The End. The abilities that Iihiko has that Medaka does not have is part of his Irreversible Destruction and the abilities that comes with it. All the plot bullshit abilities they share are due to "The Hero." Also the Talk no Jutsu abilities that Medaka has are also part of "The Hero."

Don't know where the hell Iihiko's Body swapping came from tho. If I had to guess it would be due to the metaporical "passing down of his legend via word of mouth" since he is a Fairy Tail Hero, where as Medaka would obviously be a Shonen Hero. But idk about that part, it may just be something he picked up from the Shiranui

Back