• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, 319 tons of TNT is Multi-City Block level as far as I am aware. However, what about the Sokovia feat, or the Jotunheim one that the OP was talking about?

ASGARDIANBRONY said:
The bifrost has been shown to bust planets, but the blast thor tanked was not concentrated, I would say that is a city block durability feat.
Nah bruh. It didn't even drill through Jotunheim after some minutes or so. It's a continual beam and not a single attack so nope. Unless you leave it open for a day or more, its not a planet buster.

Though I agree with City-block durability.

@LordXcano: So the calc puts them at MCB+, but I'd rather we not touch AP since as Kkapoios stated, it popped like a vein when Thor broke the shell. Else, I'm fine with it.

@SeiryuShin: He was at ground zero but the rebound comes from within the rock, not on his spot. So he only tanked at best, partly, mainly the debris and him getting pushed upwards by the force, or at worst, not at all.

@ASGARDIANBRONY: Speed: Peak Human | Subsonic combat and movement speed (Can keep up with Iron Ma). Hypersonic, possibly Massively Hypersonic+ flight speed with Mjolnir (Flew past the Earth within seconds). <<< It's there. The MHS+ one.

Gemmysaur said:
@SeiryuShin: He was at ground zero but the rebound comes from within the rock, not on his spot. So he only tanked at best, partly, mainly the debris and him getting pushed upwards by the force, or at worst, not at all.

@ASGARDIANBRONY: Speed: Peak Human | Subsonic combat and movement speed (Can keep up with Iron Ma). Hypersonic, possibly Massively Hypersonic+ flight speed with Mjolnir (Flew past the Earth within seconds). <<< It's there. The MHS+ one.
I think he got hit by the energy, the wave was massive.

Excellent!

Gemmysaur said:
The comments on the Thor calc mention somebody reacting to them, so if Thor scales to that person at all then combat speed would be upgraded too. Quicksilver would most definitely be "MHS+, likely far higher" since he could view Mjolinir in slow-mo.

@LordXcano: That calc places Thor at City Level at low-end and freaking Island Level at high-end. Even if we go by the low-end, Thor still did not do it by himself since it still required the presence of Iron Man and the vibranium core to do it.

Else, Thor would just, as Friday said, crack it and it still would've killed millions.

@ASGARDIANBRONY: I dunno. He was pretty much flung upward when the ground started flashing. Let's see what the others think.

LordXcano said:
The comments on the Thor calc mention somebody reacting to them, so if Thor scales to that person at all then combat speed would be upgraded too. Quicksilver would most definitely be "MHS+, likely far higher" since he could view Mjolinir in slow-mo.
Mjolnir's throwing speed =/= Mjolnir's self-sustained flight speed.

So no. Else, Thor, Pietro, Hulk and Iron Man wouldn't be tagged by bullets at all, but such is not the case.

Loki who fought with Thor and is comparable in reflexes would dance around Cap, but given Loki was bruteforcing his way on Cap makes me think him not being able to deal a good blow is frustrating.

Also, Pietro's vision viewed Mjolnir at around subsonic, maybe a tad bit higher. The same goes for repulsor rays, Thor's arm swinging speed and bullets. So, still no.

IIRC Iron Man was only there to use some "heat seal" to send Thor's KE back so it wouldnt kill people? It was really weird, either way Iron Man didn't actually help anything out destruction wise. Even if he did the standard assumption would just be to cut the result in half, so it'd just be 15 megatons for Thor and Iron Man.

Can everybody please tone down the intensity several notches. I am far too tired to deal with this.

The proper way handle this type of situation is to very politely ask the calculation group if the Sokovia calculation is acceptable, and if not, if one of them could please redo it when they find the time.

I vaguely recall that they did check this calculation, and that they did not accept it, but may misremember.

"So no. Else, Thor, Pietro, Hulk and Iron Man wouldn't be tagged by bullets at all, but such is not the case."

First thing Pietro does is move FTE over a large distance so either way he shouldn't be tagged by bullets. And I don't believe it'd scale to Iron Man or Hulk anyway

Iron Man's heatseal was for the energy to double back and make sure that Thor doesn't simply crack the rock but outright vaporize it. So no, Iron Man was a key piece in it, as is the vibranium core which Thor specifically needed to hit.

FRIDAY: The anti-gravs are rigged to flip.Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust.

The city's not coming down slow.

STARK : Spire is vibranium.If I get Thor to hit it...

FRIDAY : It will crack. That's not enough.The impact would still be devastating.

STARK: Maybe if we can cap the other end.Keep the atomic action doubling back.

FRIDAY: That could vaporise the city & everyone on it..

STARK : I got it. Create a heat seal.I could...I could supercharge the spire from below.

FRIDAY Running numbers

FRIDAY : A heat seal could work with enough power.

STARK: Thor, I got a plan.

THOR : We're out of time.

LordXcano said:
"So no. Else, Thor, Pietro, Hulk and Iron Man wouldn't be tagged by bullets at all, but such is not the case."
First thing Pietro does is move FTE over a large distance so either way he shouldn't be tagged by bullets. And I don't believe it'd scale to Iron Man or Hulk anyway
Hulk and IM was certainly near equal in reflexes with Thor, if a bit lower. Pietro is bonafide supersonic.

Antvasima said:
Can everybody please tone down the intensity several notches. I am far too tired to deal with this.
The proper way handle this type of situation is to very politely ask the calculation group if the Sokovia calculation is acceptable, and if not, if one of them could please redo it when they find the time.
I'm sorry if our little convos are a bit much to keep an eye on but I'm just giving statements, comparisons, etc. Still, I'll try to tone it down if possible. Who do you suggest we ask for calcs? I'm barely familiar with the mod names and probably wouldn't remember who's who if it wasn't for the colored names, much less someone who may not be a calcer. I'll message them to check the wall.

Logic states otherwise, but let's wait for the calcers. I messaged them asking to check on this thread for their opinions and maybe check the calcs.

Possibly. The problem is that he is the only character that has displayed such feats, whereas the other characters have strictly been shown at building level at most. So, even if this is accepted, I do not know whether it should scale to others, or if Marvel's characteristic inconsistency applies to the movies as well?

Thor is the only MCU character to have shown City level feats, and even them most are debatable, uncertain or done by Chain-Reaction and other factors (Sokovia's feat was done by hitting the Vibranium Core, and Thor had to charge his strike for a few seconds.)

However, he is shown time and again to capable of being hurt by the likes of Hulk, Ultron and even Iron Man (Barely). Those characters are all at far weaker in power. Even with Hulkbuster Iron Man is barely Building level, and Hulk is at a similar power.

It is illogical for Thor to have City level AP and Durability, and still be shown to be at comparable, if not smaller levels of strength than The Hulk. The Avengers movies follow the philosophy of a "Balanced Team", and this translates to everyone having Average stats on almost everything sans one thing.

I.E, Hulk is the Strong and durable Guy. Captain America's shield is made to be the best defense, enduring even Thor's hammer, Quicksilver is the only one with Fast Combat Speed, Scarlet Witch has powerful magic and mind manipulation, but is an ordinary human otherwise. Thor is powerful, strong, but is still made to be slower than Quicksilver and capable of being harmed / pushed back by Iron Man's tech.

If we were to have Thor at city level, literally everyone in the MCU would be scaled upwards for the battles to make sense.

We'd have stuff like Small City level Whiplash and Iron Man... And let's be frank, that isn't the case whatsoever.

Unless City level feats start becoming common later on for other characters, we can't use Thor's.

Since scaling is obviously difficult in the MCU unless other feats come up why not just have a separate key for "By Feats" and "By VS. Standards" or something similar? I mean as I showed Thor has 2 MCB to City level feats, and it seems odd to ignore that, but it also seems odd to ignore scaling.

Iron Man was completely useless against Thor until he got supercharged by Thor's own energy

Being pushed around and actually being hurt by are not the same thing. Hawkeye's arrows can blow back Loki, but they don't really hurt him.

If Thor's feat was done via chain reaction, I obviously agree with Matthew Schroeder, and think that he makes sense.

Iron man ran calculations by Friday and stated thor's charged strike would be able to fragment Sokovia, but it would still fall and cause catastrophic damage, which is why the chain reaction was required to completely obliterate it

FRIDAY: The anti-gravs are rigged to flip.Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust.

The city's not coming down slow.

STark : Spire is vibranium.If I get Thor to hit it...

FRIDAY : It will crack. That's not enough.The impact would still be devastating.

STARK: Maybe if we can cap the other end.Keep the atomic action doubling back.

FRIDAY: That could vaporise the city & everyone on it..

STARK : I got it. Create a heat seal.I could...I could supercharge the spire from below.

FRIDAY Running numbers

FRIDAY : A heat seal could work with enough power.

STARK: Thor, I got a plan.

THOR : We're out of time.

SeiryuShin said:
Iron man ran calculations by Friday and stated thor's charged strike would be able to fragment Sokovia, but it would still fall and cause catastrophic damage, which is why the chain reaction was required to completely obliterate it
I'll do a quick fragmentation calc right here.

Low end volume - 1298626978.7308 meter^3

High end volume - 45860578936.4568 meter^3

I'll assume concrete for the mass (6 j/cc)

1 meter^3 = 1000000 cm^3

LOW END

1298626978.7308*1000000 = 1,298,626,978,730,800 cm^3

1,298,626,978,730,800*6 = 7.7917e+15 joules or 1.8623 megatons of TNT

HIGH END

45860578936.4568*1000000 = 45,860,578,936,456,800 cm^3

45,860,578,936,456,800*6 = 2.7516e+17 joules or 65.76 megatons of TNT

So Small City at the least and City at the highest

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thor is the only MCU character to have shown City level feats, and even them most are debatable, uncertain or done by Chain-Reaction and other factors (Sokovia's feat was done by hitting the Vibranium Core, and Thor had to charge his strike for a few seconds.)

However, he is shown time and again to capable of being hurt by the likes of Hulk, Ultron and even Iron Man (Barely). Those characters are all at far weaker in power. Even with Hulkbuster Iron Man is barely Building level, and Hulk is at a similar power.

It is illogical for Thor to have City level AP and Durability, and still be shown to be at comparable, if not smaller levels of strength than The Hulk. The Avengers movies follow the philosophy of a "Balanced Team", and this translates to everyone having Average stats on almost everything sans one thing.

I.E, Hulk is the Strong and durable Guy. Captain America's shield is made to be the best defense, enduring even Thor's hammer, Quicksilver is the only one with Fast Combat Speed, Scarlet Witch has powerful magic and mind manipulation, but is an ordinary human otherwise. Thor is powerful, strong, but is still made to be slower than Quicksilver and capable of being harmed / pushed back by Iron Man's tech.

If we were to have Thor at city level, literally everyone in the MCU would be scaled upwards for the battles to make sense.

We'd have stuff like Small City level Whiplash and Iron Man... And let's be frank, that isn't the case whatsoever.

Unless City level feats start becoming common later on for other characters, we can't use Thor's.
Thor showed city level feats, twice, it makes no sense not to give him his feats. Thor is definitely more powerful than everyone else one the avengers, why is that so hard to understand?

LordXcano said:
Since scaling is obviously difficult in the MCU unless other feats come up why not just have a separate key for "By Feats" and "By VS. Standards" or something similar? I mean as I showed Thor has 2 MCB to City level feats, and it seems odd to ignore that, but it also seems odd to ignore scaling.
This would make sense if you are going to depower Thor just because of his team, which is weird.

Matthew Schroeder said:

The movies are basically a scaled down version of the comics, do you list Iron man from the comics at Solar system level because he fought Thor? NO. Do you scale Thor down because he fought stark? NO. So then why do you do this for the movie versions? It makes no sense! Thor is famous for holding back, anyone should know this, if he wanted he culd kill every avenger in the movies but he doesn't because he holds back. Thor has never been hurt by iron man, he was only slightly harmed by hulk, and he tanks multiblock busting explosions. Everything points to Thor being a city buster who holds back when around his team and civilians, just like in the comics.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Sokovia feat is out of context. They never established Thor as holding back in the movies.
The sokovia feat is most definitely not out of context, it has already been explained here, and you can see that Thor holds back by using common sense, If he always hit like he did in jotunheim or sokovia innocents would die.

My opinion on this so far:

Sokovia looks like an outlier and it would have gotten split with Stark as well

I think I can accept Bifrost though...

As for the durability of surviving Sokovia, no, the energy doesn't automatically 100% apply to the character. You need to do surface area calculations for that.

Thor's MHS flight speed is already accepted here.

That's pretty much it so far.

@ASGARDIANBRONY

The issue is that the comics are explicitly shown to be extremely inconsistent due to decades of storytelling with hundreds of different writers who generally do not care at all about power-scaling.

The movies, comparatively, have a small number of writers, and low timespan, and have a mostly coherent continuity. It is not as self-evident that the characters go up and down in power to a great degree from moment to moment.

@Staff

So, should we at least accept the Multi-City Block level Bifrost feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back