• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then. Does anybody want to perform the changes to Thor's page, and scale other relevant MCU pages to this?

I think that those affected would be the Hulk, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Kurse, Malekith, Mangog, Ultron, the Destroyer, and possibly the Vision. Would this be accurate?

Are we scaling only durability? Because if then, I don't really think the others would scale durability-wise. I could do it right now though.

Let's wait for a bit more input first, and I would prefer if a staff member would do it.

No, we'd only be scaling AP.

If you want to do durability, we need to see who can take the hits from those characters and/or do a surface area calc for the Sokovia thing.

I see. Ok then. What about Thor's combat speed though? He's clearly shown to be faster than everyone sans Pietro, shown in Pietro's quicktime vision where the only ones moving are Thor and repulsor rays that seem to be as fast as bullets.

Alakabamm said:
No, we'd only be scaling AP.
If you want to do durability, we need to see who can take the hits from those characters and/or do a surface area calc for the Sokovia thing.
Wait, scaling AP from the Bifrost? Didn't it like pop like a vein when the shell was cracked open?

Relevant thread.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/220086

Kkapoios said this: "Most of the energy that destroyed the city was channeled on the city and only a small portion of it should have hit Thor so no City level Durability for him."

MCB Durability Thor is fair game though from the discussions here. Scalable to Hulk and Hulkbuster maybe?

Thor has subsonic+ combat speed. Heck, Thor's hair moved faster than Iron Man's entire body.

Also, Repulsor rays are roughly scalable to a handgun bullet from Pietro's motion perception speed. Rays which Thor blocks/dodged for the most part if the Hydra tech are basing off Stark's.

Non-scalable or maybe scalable to Malekith and Kurse, not to Loki though since he was hardpressed against Cap. Pretty negligible upgrade but yeah, still counts.

Nothing new, but Small Building Loki for being hard-pressed but managing to block Thor's hammer.

The problem, as Matthew pointed out, is that Thor apparently hit the vibranium core with his hammer, which caused a chain reaction, and makes the feat unreliable.

The MCB I was talking about was from the Bifrost though if that comment was aimed at me or something.

Okay. We seem to be in agreement about scaling from the Bifrost feat then.

Matthew, would you or Alakabamm be willing to do the edits, and if so, which pages do I need to unlock?

I will edit them. However, I'll only be capable of doing só in one -two hours. I think Thor is the only locked page.

Matthew will upgrade them from the Bifrost feat.

I fixed it. Let's wait until Matthew is online.

I will rename the Iron Man page.

Also, can you tell me why you think that Thor was weakened during the first Avengers movie? I did not see or hear any mention of it in the comics page or movie section that you linked to.

"You speak of Dark Energy. You can harness it?"

"Yes, but not without a cost."

"Father, your health..."

"To both of us."

^ It outright says it.

Also: I'm going to fix Loki's page. We should have sections on his Attack Potency with Gungnir and the Mind Stone Scepter. I think both should be around Thor level, as both weapons could clash with Mjolnir.

Hmm. I think that we need more explicit proof of Thor being weakened, and/or of ill health during the first Avengers movie than that. He seemed perfectly alright.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. I think that we need more explicit proof of Thor being weakened, and/or of ill health during the first Avengers movie than that. He seemed perfectly alright.
Well, it would explain how Thor has far less feats in that movie than in either of his solo or Avengers 2.

Plus, the Thor 2 Prequel Comic came out far after Avengers, and I'm pretty sure the "Dark Energy affected his Health" was a retcon to justify him appearing "weak".

It still seems too speculative to me. Isn't Hulk supposed to fight and then team up with Thor in the "Ragnarok" movie? We should probably wait to see if we get clarifications from that first.

We can actually see that in the first movie that he was weakened.

His landing at the start of the alien invasion where he leans on a car as if a bit unsteady is a farcry from his Thor2 landing where he cracks the flooring with his feet and still looking fine, as well as his feats from Age of Ultron where he was dropping on a tank like it was just another day.

Not really much proof but its something.

Also, may I ask why Thor's combat speed not being subsonic+ despite Loki's is, and despite Thor being clearly faster in swinging speed than Iron Man and Ultron pre-vibranium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back