• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor is at least multi block busting with Mjolnir, the Jotunheim feat was massive and would be ranked multi block to town busting. Also Thor's striking power should be wall level, judging by how his punches were staggering hulk and how Thor ragdolled hydra agents in AOU. Thor's range should be multiblock to city level considering how far his lightning reached when fighting the chitauri leviathans.

1.The Jotunheim feat is a bit difficult to calc due to bad portrayal ,if someone wants to calc it that's fine by me but i don't see myself calcing the feat.

2.Thor's strikes are already listed as Building level

3.His range should be several to hundreds of meters

4.The only City level feat was the one in AOU where Thor destroyed the falling City but he didn't tank the blast himself (although he was near) and the feat was done under certain circumstances meaning that it can't be used to amp his Attack Potency.

Kkapoios said:
1.The Jotunheim feat is a bit difficult to calc due to bad portrayal ,if someone wants to calc it that's fine by me but i don't see myself calcing the feat.

4.The only City level feat was the one in AOU where Thor destroyed the falling City but he didn't tank the blast himself (although he was near) and the feat was done under certain circumstances meaning that it can't be used to amp his Attack Potency.
How did he not tank the blast himself? He took a town incinerating blast like a boss! I shall try to calculate the Jotunheim feat.

Let me give you an example to prove my point.

Let's say i have a hammer and i hit a wall with it really hard ,some bricks will crack ,but i'm pretty sure i wouldn't feel much ,just a bit of pain in the hand(s) with which i hold the hammer.

Most of the energy is transfered into the object that was hit and the hammer while the user only recieves a small amount of it.

Is this Town incinerating blast another feat?

Busting the city of Sokovia was discussed here, and considering that the othervise depicted power levels for Thor, and comparable MCU characters, are much lower, it was decided to treat it as an outlier.

Kkapoios said:
Let me give you an example to prove my point.

Let's say i have a hammer and i hit a wall with it really hard ,some bricks will crack ,but i'm pretty sure i wouldn't feel much ,just a bit of pain in the hand(s) with which i hold the hammer.

Most of the energy is transfered into the object that was hit and the hammer while the user only recieves a small amount of it.

Is this Town incinerating blast another feat?
Thor has been shown to imbue his hammer with lightning which makes his attacks exponentialy stronger. And yes, the town blast is a feat.

Antvasima said:
Busting the city of Sokovia was discussed here, and considering that the othervise depicted power levels for Thor, and comparable MCU characters, are much lower, it was decided to treat it as an outlier.
it is not an outlier, he did the exact same thing in Thor vs the jotuns. And when you watch it you can see that the destruction is totally caused by thor, but the force field iron man made rebounded it to incinerate the city.

Thor busted the town. Stark rebounded the attack, disintegrating the town. Thor took the full blast of the disintegration wave and survived nigh unharmed.

Since the feat has been shown that means he can do it, and since it has been shown twice it is a certainty.

Kkapoios said:

30 Feet of ice can hold 70 tons, the ice in jotunheim was much thicker thus Thor hit with far over a hundred tons of force.

Hm. Try to provide evidence for your logia. Scans, links and YouTube videos, if you can. We don't have much to work with here.

its a link to this thread. and I read the other one, it was split down the middle and didn't really come to a conclusion but somebody nerfed thor and locked it anyway.

I updated the link. Anyway, it was decided that Thor's feat was an outlier, given that he has consistently had extreme trouble with Building level characters.

Everyone knows Thor holds back, its a signature trait of his in comics and on film. And he has demonstrated city to multiblock busting feats twice, once in jotunheim and at sokovia, so it is not an outlier, it is simply what he can do when not holding back. And I looked at the article, it didn't really reach a conclusion and people still disagree.

Please look at the links I put in my comments above.

If you have accepted calculations for both of the feats, I can look at them, but the point is that Hulk, Ultron, and Iron Man are capable of harming and posing a challenge to him as far as I understand, although I haven't watched all of the movies.

That said, if other staff members here agree about upgrading him again, it isn't like I am opposed to it, but there must be valid reasons for it, and linking to respect threads is not going to cut it. Especially as I do not have the time and energy to go in-depth into any one issue, while keeping track of the entirety of the wiki.

Fine, I shall do this myself.

Thor.VS the Frost Giants
Thor.VS the Frost Giants .mp4

^ Ice can hold 70 tons per 30 feet of thickness, as you can see Thor busts much thicker ice and an area as large or slightly smaller than Sokovia. This feat is basically identicle to the one in AOU.

Avengers Age Of Ultron - Avengers vs Ultron Fight Scene ᴴᴰ
Avengers Age Of Ultron - Avengers vs Ultron Fight Scene ᴴᴰ

In this scene Thor busts sokovia at around the sixteen minute mark. Thor does his Jotunheim attack which busts the city while Iron man uses the core to rebound it and vaporize the city.

These two feats are not outliers, they are simply Thor's power when he is not holding back and no civilians are around. Thor uses it only twice because if he used it anywhere else his teammates or civilians would die.

Also, Thor was in the middle of the city, so when stark rebounded the lightning back to vaporize it Thor took the full force of the blast, and fell unconscious but unscathed. This blast is town to city level in strength and though it was not radioactive it would be far more destructive than a nuke. A nuke only burns down thirty feet into the ground while this vaporized a landmass probably hundreds of feet thick.

In conclusion, Thor when going all out is city level at most and town level at least in striking power and is town level in durability.

From what I remember, yeah. Thor tanked something during the Sokovia-buster but not the explosion. The explosion didn't really look like what an explosion would, or rather, an explosion that I usually see.

Thor could've tanked the rubble that was sent flying along with him though, as well as the sudden push upwards he was hit with. The actual reaction that vaporized the flying rock didn't look like it hit him.

I can't agree with Thor tanking the full damage on Sokovia, but maybe a fraction of it, but how much, I can't say. That's just my opinion anyway.

On the topic of durability. We have these to base it off methinks.

Heat resistance2
Thor vs Destroyer

Heat resistance
Destroyer's head meets Thor's hammer

The destroyer was thrashing everything with its face beam but Thor was just flying right through it.

Thor survived the force and heat of this explosion when he bullrushed his way through the Destroyer's face beams.

Other things that irked me.

Clash devastates the ground
Groundbreaking

Quicksilver slowmo scene shows Thor moving when Iron Man is not
Quicktime.

Cap level aim
Do we have a calc for how much this generates?

Next. Thor should have a speed upgrade. He was clearly moving faster than everyone sans Pietro and the repulsor rays so I think it should give Thor subsonic+ reflexes. This is further supported by him being able to detect Pietro's general location and throw the hammer there (which resulted in Pietro trying to catch the hammer).

Also, we could maybe compare Pietro's perception speed of Thor and that of the bullet Hawkeye fired from below the glass flooring during the debate on what to do with Vision. I can't say if this is a case of cinematic timing or Thor is just near the speed of the bullet from a handgun so there's that.

Lastly, Thor's accuracy. He's on par with Cap with what he did in this pic where he swatted the shield to ricochet on a few Ultrones.

Gemmysaur said:
From what I remember, yeah. Thor tanked something during the Sokovia-buster but not the explosion. The explosion didn't really look like what an explosion would, or rather, an explosion that I usually see.

Thor could've tanked the rubble that was sent flying along with him though, as well as the sudden push upwards he was hit with. The actual reaction that vaporized the flying rock didn't look like it hit him.

I can't agree with Thor tanking the full damage on Sokovia, but maybe a fraction of it, but how much, I can't say. That's just my opinion anyway.

On the topic of durability. We have these to base it off methinks.
I totally agree on the speed and reaction claims you make, Thor is definitely subsonic or higher on both.

Thor was in the midst of the sokovia blast as he was in the very middle of the city. Your right that it wasn't your average explosion, it was actually a MASSIVE wave of intense lightning, and I have explained that it was much hotter than any nuke. Thor has shown immense durability to heat and energy as the destroyer and gungnir were shown to be able to disintegrate everything into ash other than thor. From feats Thor has been invulnerable to all forms of energy on film no matter how powerful.

I think I saw someone quantify that malekith feat, I shall try to find it.

Bullet points for ease since I'm kinda irked at how I find reading my own post difficult.

• The Sokovia blast began from within the city where the rebound reaction is happening. Thor being on the top end of it, directly above the reactor got metaphorically punted by it upwards, as are the rest of the debris that got pushed off and are too far from the energy to be disintegrated.
  • It didn't look to have as much heat as a lightning bolt, else, Iron Man would've been charred, like when a weakened Thor lightning bolted him and accidentally powered him up to 475%. Or when Iron Man armors were getting ripped to shreds by glowing humans with fire powers half-assedly called Extremis, though provided, those armors are prototypes and literally collapses in contact with a high-speed truck.
  • Thor has tanked the Destroyer blasts, Repulsor blasts, Fighter Jet bullets, Hulk's punches, Ultron's fists, though on the losing end, Kurse's punches, multiple tons of rock being dropped on top of him from Sokovia starting to fly and being flung by the Sokovia blast. But he never tanked Gungnir imo.
  • He's not stupid, not really. He didn't know if the fall from within a Hulk cage would kill him, so he busted out. He didn't know bullets couldn't hurt him, so he went out of the way. He didn't know what Repulsor tech was but got hit in the face anyway so he just went on and fight. He found out that lightning didn't work against Iron Man so he outmuscled him.
  • He does know however, what Gungnir does. He blocked those shots with Mjolnir (the dispersed white energy and the smoke in the picture below), the same way afterwards, he did with Loki's glowstick of destiny (revealed to house an infinity stone) during the Avengers. Heck, he started blocking Repulsor shots after the Avengers movie.
Deflecting Gungnir blasts
Deflecting a Gungnir blast mid-flight.

• He was doing so in AoU at the beginning of the movie where he was flying above a watch tower, swatted a Repulsor shot by throwing Mjolnir right through it, and dodging the rest. Even with Ultron's awakening, with the Iron Legions. He dodged two point-blank shots before throwing the ILegion away.
Deflecting plasma bolts2
Just dropping in.

Deflecting plasma bolts3
Blocking a shot from the guy on the left

Deflecting plasma bolts
Twaaang.~

• He is currently subsonic in reflexes like the Hulk and Iron Man, but I think he should be subsonic'+' for being able to move faster than any of them sans Pietro, as well as his blocking Repulsor tech which is shown from Iron Man's feet and Ultron's fingers, is probably bullet speed or at the very least, faster than they are.
I await what you find on his fight against Malekith dude.

Well, you will need to ask our the calculation group to take a look at the feats, and see if they want to calculate them, or check if the OBD or other groups have laready done them. We should preferably get specifics for an upgrade.

In addition, this is not up to you to decide. Harrassing multiple staff members about unlocking the page so you can edit it is not the correct approach. You will have to take this slowly, wait for input from multiple staff members, and see what happens.

Antvasima said:
In addition, this is not up to you to decide. Harrassing multiple staff members about unlocking the page so you can edit it is not the correct approach. You will have to take this slowly, wait for input from multiple staff members, and see what happens.
ok, I just wanted to get peoples attention.

Gemmysaur said:
Bullet points for ease since I'm kinda irked at how I find reading my own post difficult.
This is all true, except I am pretty sure that later in Thor's fight vs Loki he got hit by a blast from gungnir in the side at very close range, but I might be wrong.

That feat against malekith, the only thing icould find was that the shockwave went at least a hundred meters, and since a shockwave gets weaker the farther it goes that was one powerful shockwave.

Well, it is better to ask them to check out, and reply to, this thread in that case.

If we get calculations of different feats that place Thor at town level or above, we will probably upgrade him, but I, at the very least, am constantly tired from managing this site, so I cannot do everything myself.

I don't think so. Else, his armor at the very least would have been noticably breached, which isn't the case, but let's let the others give their opinion on that.

The Malekith thing, well, it's sad nobody calced it. It looked like a good striking strength feat.

Gemmysaur said:
I don't think so. Else, his armor at the very least would have been noticably breached, which isn't the case, but let's let the others give their opinion on that.

The Malekith thing, well, it's sad nobody calced it. It looked like a good striking strength feat.
Ill have to rewatch the fight scene.

It was a great striking feat, nobody else in marvel or Dc movies has done something like that other than Thor.

Antvasima said:
Well, it is better to ask them to check out, and reply to, this thread in that case.
If we get calculations of different feats that place Thor at town level or above, we will probably upgrade him, but I, at the very least, am constantly tired from managing this site, so I cannot do everything myself.
We can wait. I can atleast. Thanks for the hard work I guess.

I remember the blowing up bifrost was not accepted since it's made of unknown material, making fragmenting calcs come up as either very low or impossible to be done. That's just me though. Carry on.

Well, we need accepted calculations for Thor's greatest feats, if we are going to upgrade him.

The bifrost bridge is a wird case, Thor could barely crack it with Mjolnir but once he reached it's "core" it exploded.

Yeah that too, though I guess we could chalk it up to what's powering the bridge flowing outward like blood from a punctured blood vessel. Thor still tanked it so durability probably applies though AP flies through the window.

Gemmysaur said:
Yeah that too, though I guess we could chalk it up to what's powering the bridge flowing outward like blood from a punctured blood vessel. Thor still tanked it so durability probably applies though AP flies through the window.
The bifrost has been shown to bust planets, but the blast thor tanked was not concentrated, I would say that is a city block durability feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back