• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
I'm just gonna try this for fun

Executive producer and Thor actor himself Chris Hemsworth states that Thor was physically not himself and he had work to do, which is supported by what we see in Thor: Love and Thunder, going from "Dad Bod to God Bod", which suggests Endgame Thor isn't quite as powerful as his usual self, though utlimately still comparable. It's acknowledged how Chris Hemsworth is pretty much Thor and knows what he and the character need to do due to doing this for a long period of time. This would remove Thor's Empowerment under his P&A unless someone can find another scan for such a justification

As a side note, Chris Hemsworth states that L&T Thor is his strongest version yet, so that can be added as extra justification for his L&T key

Last edited:
Sure, especially that his endgame part needs to be it's own key

Last edited:
Well, if Chris is somewhat WoG for his character, this should be fine

What will be the new AP description for Endgame Thor then ?

I mean, if he's the same Tier, has all of the same powers and the only difference is Mjolnir I don't see the point in having an Endgame key. Just get rid of it at that point.

I mean, if he's the same Tier, has all of the same powers and the only difference is Mjolnir I don't see the point in having an Endgame key. Just get rid of it at that point.
Yeap

I think we can quote his Endgame feats to actually highlight Ragnarok/Infinity War Thor by saying they were done while weakened and "physically not himself"

"At least Large Country level+ (Stronger than his Pre-Awakening self. Knocked out Hela and then held his own against her. Easily destroyed part of the Rainbow Bridge. Easily overpowered Hulk. Instantly covered Wakanda in a storm. Even while weaker and physically not himself, Thor was able to effortlessly create a storm before fighting Thanos and hold his own against him, accidentally knock out Mark 85 Iron Man and was on par with Mjölnir-wielding Captain America, who fought against and harmed Thanos"

I don't think that would be "At least" though. Since the High 6-B rating comes from scaling to Hela/Thor pre-Stormbreaker through the Casket. We want to avoid circular scaling.

I don't think that would be "At least" though. Since the High 6-B rating comes from scaling to Hela/Thor pre-Stormbreaker through the Casket. We want to avoid circular scaling.
The "At least" comes from Ragnarok/IW Thor cuz that's his key, the Endgame feats listed in the end are just to highlight that even weakened, he was able to perform those stuff

Unless we should remove the At least from IW Thor ?

Unless we should remove the At least from IW Thor ?
That's what I mean. Thor is High 6-B because he's scaling to Hela, who's High 6-B because she's scaling to the Casket.

Thanos is High 6-B because he harmed Thor and a lot of other High 6-Bs comes from Thanos or someone Thanos adjacent. Thor can't be at least because he'd be scaling to himself.

I mean, his Endgame Key just downscales from his progress from his IW key and that's just it basically

Thor doesn't have an Endgame key to get rid of. His Endgame feats are listed under "Post-Awakening"
That's what I mean. Thor is High 6-B because he's scaling to Hela, who's High 6-B because she's scaling to the Casket.

Thanos is High 6-B because he harmed Thor and a lot of other High 6-Bs comes from Thanos or someone Thanos adjacent. Thor can't be at least because he'd be scaling to himself.
I'm confused. Post-Awakening Thor scales above Hela for instantly KOing her with a lightning blast that he himself withstood easily, and holding his own against her after she recovered from the lightning blast grew much stronger

Hela grows stronger the longer she is on Asgard, and she was KOed by Thor long after the scene where she called the Casket weak

I'm confused.
With what?
Post-Awakening Thor scales above Hela for instantly KOing her with a lightning blast that he himself withstood easily,
The character who can control, generate and absorb lightning not being harmed by lightning isn't a feat for that character
holding his own against her after she recovered from the lightning blast grew much stronger
Yes, which means its still going: Casket -> Hela -> Thor -> Thor -> Thor.

I don't think that warrants an at least rating.

The character who can control, generate and absorb lightning not being harmed by lightning isn't a feat for that character
I don't recall Thor being able to absorb electricity? But maybe I'm just forgetting something
Yes, which means it’s still going: Casket -> Hela -> Thor -> Thor -> Thor.

I don't think that warrants an at least rating.
Well, I don't really have any strong opinions against removing "At least", so just to clarify:
  1. Would "At least" be removed from any other characters?
  2. Is the OP fine to you?

I'm fine with it
Thank you
I guess not since it ultimately comes from Hela who's scaling above the Casket.
Now I'm getting confused again with why Thor can't have "At least"

If Hela is "At least High 6-B" for scaling above the Casket, why would Thor not be "At least High 6-B" for knocking out a stronger Hela and hold his own against a way stronger Hela?

Last edited:
Well after the recent changes I'm not familiar with the whole MCU scaling details, so I'll remain neutral on removing his "At least"

Wasn't his Endgame self once stated to be above his IW self? Something about him being "stronger than he'd ever been".

No it’s really not IW thor didn’t do anything to suggest he was stronger then his endgame version
Technically it's the other way around, Chris admitted his endgame self was physically and emotionally weaker, which even the movie supports

Technically it's the other way around, Chris admitted his endgame self was physically and emotionally weaker, which even the movie supports
1 actor statements aren’t law and director statements would hold much more weight especially when mcu actors have said goofy statements in the past and again Thor getting fat should quite literally have nothing to due with his godly strength bro just gained a few pounds and the mental thing is true which is fixed by the end of the movie after he talks to his mom

The movie actually supports Thor is stronger

8955146-0b64b3e2-18c8-4469-96e9-20674dc06caa.jpeg

Thor was wielding both mjolnir and Stormbreaker which these telekinetic weapons are said to magnify his abilities and was in his best mind set

We even have a screenwriter who says this
While Thor’s larger appearance is initially used for comedy, the screenwriters defended the choice by saying Thor’s weight is never the obstacle the character has to overcome. Thor’s arc in “Endgame” is about pushing forward emotionally and not obsessing over his weight gain. As Markus said, “We fix his problem [at the end of the film], and it’s not his weight. I know some people are sensitive about some of the humor that comes from it, which I understand. But our issue that we wanted him to deal with was his emotional state that his mom addresses. And I think he is the ideal Thor at the end of the movie, and he’s carrying some weight.”

1 actor statements aren’t law and director statements would hold much more weight especially when mcu actors have said goofy statements in the past and again Thor getting fat should quite literally have nothing to due with his godly strength bro just gained a few pounds and the mental thing is true which is fixed by the end of the movie after he talks to his mom

The movie actually supports Thor is stronger

8955146-0b64b3e2-18c8-4469-96e9-20674dc06caa.jpeg

Thor was wielding both mjolnir and Stormbreaker which these telekinetic weapons are said to magnify his abilities and was in his best mind set

We even have a screenwriter who says this
Where are these sources from if I may ask? And Chris's words still matter as he's also an executive producer, not just an actor. And him being able to wield both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker doesn't necessarily mean he got stronger than before, they just amped his abilities.

Where are these sources from if I may ask? And Chris's words still matter as he's also an executive producer, not just an actor. And him being able to wield both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker doesn't necessarily mean he got stronger than before, they just amped his abilities.
One is the Wakanda files and the other is an interview with Christopher Markus a screenwriter

what do you think amp his abilities mean Thor general power set is lighting and brute strength and he had 2 of these amps Even if you take the actor statement it doesn’t debunk anything he was clearly just talking about getting fat and a bad mental state Thor performance against thanos is better then anything else he did before so there is no evidence pointing towards him being weaker other then oh he fat

Last edited:
what do you think amp his abilities mean Thor general power set is lighting and brute strength and he had 2 of these amps
There's a clear difference between getting stronger on your own terms than specific amplifiers.
Even if you take the actor statement it doesn’t debunk anything he was clearly just talking about getting fat and a bad mental state
And even then Love and Thunder still supports this statement as well, given with how hard he was training for.

There's a clear difference between getting stronger on your own terms than specific amplifiers.

And even then Love and Thunder still supports this statement as well, given with how hard he was training for.
Thor had these amps during endgame final battle which supports fat Thor being the strongest version pre L&T not that he was weaker which goes with Russo statement of he’s stronger then ever by the end of endgame

L&T doesn’t debunk anything Thor just wanted to lose his fat and get buff he literally kept training even after he was buff again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back