• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Colonel_Krukov @LordGriffin1000 @Sir_Ovens @GyroNutz @Emirp sumitpo @KLOL506 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, @Propellus @Aguywhodoesthings @KingTempest @M3X 2.0

If you're able, could you weigh in on the proposed scaling. Right now the two sides are "5-A (Upscaling from Moon Knight), possibly/likely 4-C (Gorr moving a star)" or "5-A, possibly/likely 3-C (Scaling to Celestials)"
I have no horse in this race and I do not wish to contribute to this particular thread simply because of Love and Thunder's marred quality control. Apologies in advance.

Btw, should the Necrosword get a profile? If yes, I'm okay to make it if no one else is already dealing with it or wants to
I feel like the Necrosword probably warrants a profile. Maybe Thunderbolt also (it was used by three different characters, so a separate weapon page to link to seems like it would be convenient).

Okay, I lied, I can contribute slightly.

Among the Egyptian God scaling stuff, Ra should preferably be included because he was there in Omnipotence City.

The Pre-Stellar stuff should also have the mention of the appropriate characters (Khonshu, Ammit and Ra), the same as the AP. Or slightly tweaked. With a "Possibly Stellar" rating based on Gorr's stuff.

And Zeus recovered from the wound, it wasn't mortal to him, but it did put him out of commission pretty badly. So the "mortally wounded" should be replaced with "Grievously wounded".

And with that, I bid adieu.

I was checking my sandbox for Love and Thunder Thor and I was just wondering should we merge Thors Post-Awakening and Endgame keys into one since they're both basically the same strength (even though Endgame Thor is a bit stronger), the only difference between the two is that the Endgame key has Mjolnir but even then he shouldn't have "higher" because of it since Mjolnir is only as strong as he is
I'm fine with this.

Here's the list of powers I've noted for the Necrosword

Regeneration (Mid-Low) & Immortality Negation (Type 2 and 3, can kill gods, including ones like Zeus, despite their regenerative abilities), Darkness Manipulation (Can generate shadows for various purposes), Power Bestowal (Grants the user the ability to control shadows), Teleportation and Dimensional Travel (Allows the owner to teleport to other locations and dimensions using shadows), Summoning (Can summon Shadow Monsters), Life Manipulation (Links the users's life-force to the Necrosword), Telepathy (Can communicate with others to tempt them), Corruption (The sword corrupts the user's mind to make them murderous)

Random observation: it seems like between statements in Black Panther and her presence at the Golden Temple in Omnipotence City, there might be enough information for Bast to get a profile, scaling from other Egyptian gods. Granted that can wait, seeing as there's the possibility of further statements in Wakanda Forever.

Meh I'm not sure of that honestly, she wouldn't have many things to add in her profile, her PA section alone would be pretty empty ultimately aside from some hypothetical stuff based on what the other Egyptian Gods have shown

Btw, friendly reminder that Ammit killed the avatars of almost all Egyptian Gods so they don't have an anchor in the mortal realm anymore while many others were imprisonned in statues long before the events of Moon Knight and she's ultimately killed herself. This means that now, Ra, Bast (possibly) and Khonshu are the only Egyptian Gods left active in the universe. And since Ra seemingly isn't interested in doing much and Bast either doesn't do anything herself or focuses her attention almost solely on Wakanda, this means Khonshu is now pretty much free to do whatever the hell he wants without his pantheon interferring.

Among the Egyptian God scaling stuff, Ra should preferably be included because he was there in Omnipotence City.

The Pre-Stellar stuff should also have the mention of the appropriate characters (Khonshu, Ammit and Ra), the same as the AP. Or slightly tweaked. With a "Possibly Stellar" rating based on Gorr's stuff.
I addressed that here
Immortality Negation (Type 2 and 3, can kill gods, including ones like Zeus, despite their regenerative abilities)
Shouldn't it be Regeneration Negation instead of Immortality?

Shouldn't it be Regeneration Negation instead of Immortality?
Well Zeus would have Type 2 and 3 and the Necrosword can kill gods like him so it should have Immortality Negation as well

About that, the sword can reconstruct itself when shattered to pieces unless all the pieces are destroyed, how would it translate in terms of abilities?

Meh I'm not sure of that honestly, she wouldn't have many things to add in her profile, her PA section alone would be pretty empty ultimately aside from some hypothetical stuff based on what the other Egyptian Gods have shown
That would be a bit of a roadblock. She should have immortality, transformation (into a panther) and the ability to show visions (telepathy?) among her abilities, but pretty much anything else would indeed be largely guesswork unless there's further statements somewhere in the comics/guidebooks.

Yeah, pretty sure the Gods are stated to be capable of dying of old age as per Loki and Odin's words.
This was specifically aimed at Asgardians to dismiss Loki's claim about having the right to rule over the Earth as a god, nothing suggests gods like Zeus or the Egyptian pantheon do age, plus Immortality type 2 and 3 aren't about being ageless

Don't know, Odin was stated to be the most powerful individual in the universe in the past but Zeus seems to the top god of all pantheons in the MCU (or at least that's how he's seen since even gods like Ra look like they're almost worshipping him)

If in comics one
Greeco Roman gods are actually immortal (Likely in real mytho)
Yeah, Greco-Roman Gods are totally immortals and unkillable, that's why the first six Olympians survived being eaten by Kronos and why the Olympians settled for imprisonning the Titans instead of killing them. The only notable instance of Gods being killed in Greek mythology was Zeus killing off Asclepios because he was resurrecting the dead and Hades was NOT happy about it so Zeus got rid of the problem (but it's Zeus, the king of the Gods withh all the special privilieges he has over the rest of the Gods so it's a very specific case) and there's a creature called the Ophiotaurus that can grant the power to harm and kill Gods to whoever kills it and burns its entrails. Aside from that, the general rule is that Greek deities are absolutely immortal (though they can be permanently crippled like what Kronos did to Ouranos)

shouldnt everyone upgraded by this also get MFTL+ from khonshu moving the sky, no reason for one specific ability from one specific god to be able to utterly, monstrously blitz every other god

Yeah, Greco-Roman Gods are totally immortals and unkillable, that's why the first six Olympians survived being eaten by Kronos and why the Olympians settled for imprisonning the Titans instead of killing them. The only notable instance of Gods being killed in Greek mythology was Zeus killing off Asclepios because he was resurrecting the dead and Hades was NOT happy about it so Zeus got rid of the problem (but it's Zeus, the king of the Gods withh all the special privilieges he has over the rest of the Gods so it's a very specific case) and there's a creature called the Ophiotaurus that can grant the power to harm and kill Gods to whoever kills it and burns its entrails. Aside from that, the general rule is that Greek deities are absolutely immortal (though they can be permanently crippled like what Kronos did to Ouranos)
Damn, someone knows their Greek Mythology. What about Ares? Wasn’t there an implication that if he wasn’t saved from the jar, he could’ve possibly died.

Damn, someone knows their Greek Mythology. What about Ares? Wasn’t there an implication that if he wasn’t saved from the jar, he could’ve possibly died.
If I recall, he was said to be on his last breaths when Hermes released him but I don't remember if he was straight up dying or on the brink of passing out due the giants who got him badly wounding him

I know Thor has profiles for years but why not upgrade him if any mods admins ministers approved his upgrade ?
Or just need more approved from them?
???
We are we have to properly word the justifications for upgrades...that's like how anything ever gets done if the justifications worded are faulty or bad then obviously you wouldn't want to put that out

The Russo's have contradicted this though and have gone on record saying that Thor was actually stronger in Endgame, I'd still argue that both those keys are too similar to be split into two still
Then that makes it pretty inconsistent regarding his power during Endgame. But fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back